• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood vs Northside

Started by Topdog1, August 27, 2018, 10:50:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Topdog1

beach bum

Is Heritage that bad?? 69-0 loss to Northside last week??  :o

BullDogFan72

In my opinion, Northside ran the score up on a dismal team.  Rogers Heritage was 1-9 last year, and they are probably worse this year.  After watching the game you could tell that RH's anemic offense couldn't run or pass.  Now, give credit to Northside's defense.  It looked better than last year.  RH's defense was getting blown off the line and their secondary was slow and just not very good.  Northside had its starters out by the half.  They led I think 49-0 going into the 2nd half, and their JV still scored on RH.  I wouldn't take too much from this game.  Pretty much no way they will be this productive against Greenwood.  But that is why they play the game.  I do think it will be a much better game than last year.

protegewill

I guess we will see if Greenwood lost a step or if it will be business as usual. Greenwood will start slow but will turn it on late and finish off Northside. Greenwood 42 - Northside 24

The Future

Topdog1

Losing Barlow hurts.  Who will be the play makers besides Holt?

BullDogFan72

Quote from: Topdog1 on August 27, 2018, 12:36:39 pm

There is a senior and a junior who looked good at receiver in the scrimmage.  There is also a sophomore that is 6'4" that is really coming on as well.  Can't replace a kid like Barlow.  A 3-year starter and such a great kid as well!  I think they will do their best, and that is all we can ask.  We do still have some big play threats from other skill positions like RB with Marc Jones and the sophomore Hunter Wilkinson who reminds me a lot of Kenny Wood with his running style.  We'll see how Friday goes.  Excited to start the season!

Topdog1

Quote from: BullDogFan72 on August 27, 2018, 12:42:54 pm
There is a senior and a junior who looked good at receiver in the scrimmage.  There is also a sophomore that is 6'4" that is really coming on as well.  Can't replace a kid like Barlow.  A 3-year starter and such a great kid as well!  I think they will do their best, and that is all we can ask.  We do still have some big play threats from other skill positions like RB with Marc Jones and the sophomore Hunter Wilkinson who reminds me a lot of Kenny Wood with his running style.  We'll see how Friday goes.  Excited to start the season!

Who is the senior and junior?

RD™

Stop Deuce Wise. Stop Northside.

Lumberjackfan1978

Bigfootdogfan

I went back and watched last years game between GW and NS , there QB Duce was very quick and ran the ball most of the time but their passing game last year wasn't very strong. My question is, in last Friday's NS game were they more balanced in their run-passing attack. I am sure NS will be a lot better this year and this game should be a lot closer then last. Is it Friday yet?

Topdog1

Hooten's

GREENWOOD (14) at FS Northside: Greenwood has won five of six meetings against Class 7A Northside, including 34-7 a year ago. The Bulldogs could split snaps at QB early in the season between senior all-state receiver and Louisiana baseball commit Peyton holt and talented junior passer Jace Presley. Greenwood forced six Fayetteville turnovers in a scrimmage last week, led by senior linebacker Travis Cox intercepting two passes and and recovering a fumble. Northside led Rogers Heritage 56-0 by halftime last week in a 69-0 victory.

grizz

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on August 28, 2018, 07:25:52 pm
I went back and watched last years game between GW and NS , there QB Duce was very quick and ran the ball most of the time but their passing game last year wasn't very strong. My question is, in last Friday's NS game were they more balanced in their run-passing attack. I am sure NS will be a lot better this year and this game should be a lot closer then last. Is it Friday yet?

Last Friday was not real balanced run-pass because it was such a blowout.  Deuce only played a quarter.  Rest of the starters sat the second half.  Offense was plain vanilla.  No reason to show anything.  It was 14-0 before the NHS offense took the field.  That game was probably not an accurate prediction of much of anything.  Heritage was not at all ready to play, and looked really, really bad.

Deuce looked far more comfortable as a QB towards the end of last season.  His natural instinct is to take off running, but he got a lot more patient as the year went on.  He looked good throwing the ball through the spring and summer, and he has a handful of really good targets to throw to.  Clayton, King, Thorne, Maffei, and others.  I think Deuce will have a good year, and may impress some people with his development as a passer.

Looking forward to Friday.  NHS should be improved, and Greenwood is always great.  Should be a good game.

High Voltage

BullDogFan72

Baitshop

August 29, 2018, 01:29:42 pm #15 Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 05:32:04 pm by Baitshop
Don't have any idea what the score might be, (and wouldn't bet either way) but my guess would be Northside fans will predict 28-27ish, Greenwood fans will predict 70-2.

What I would bet a lot of money on is a hastily called emergency meeting at 7am Saturday morning of the Greenwood "Foundation" trying to figure out where the UofG is gonna come up with the $250,000+ dollars EACH that Northside and Southside came up with to purchase and install those new high tech score/replay boards. Those bad boys are the same thing that is at Baum Stadium and at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta and they are the bombdiggity.

If you guys wouldn't mind, I would be curious how much you raised on the first passing of the plate on Saturday morning....

Bigfootdogfan

Thanks Grizz, I am sure that this years game will go down to maybe who has the ball last but sure to be a good game. Sounds like NS will have a good team this year. QB with speed and experience to go with good receivers can only mean success. GW will have to bring several young players along during the season but coach Jones does a good job of doing that. I pick GW by a field goal just because of our kicker. Good luck to both teams. Oh yes by the way I haven't seen any GW fans picking GW to win 70-2 LOL! Hehehe!!!!! Is it Friday yet?

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on August 29, 2018, 01:29:42 pm
Don't have any idea what the score might be, (and wouldn't bet either way) but my guess would be Northside fans will predict 28-27ish, Greenwood fans will predict 70-2.

What I would bet a lot of money on is a hastily called emergency meeting at 7am Saturday morning of the Greenwood "Foundation" trying to figure out where the UofG is gonna come up with the $250,000+ dollars that Northside and Southside came up with to purchase and install those new high tech score/replay boards. Those bad boys are the same thing that is at Baum Stadium and at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta and they are the bombdiggity.

If you guys wouldn't mind, I would be curious how much you raised on the first passing of the plate on Saturday morning....
Oh, Greenwood will get one, you can take that  to the bank. How is the Reb, errr Mav, errr, ya'll are still the Mavericks, Right? Or did someone get displeased with that name as well and make you change it? So how is the "team" gonna be this year? Either way as usual you might want to worry about the Southside boys and try and get them back on track Bait!

grizz

Quote from: Baitshop on August 29, 2018, 01:29:42 pm

What I would bet a lot of money on is a hastily called emergency meeting at 7am Saturday morning of the Greenwood "Foundation" trying to figure out where the UofG is gonna come up with the $250,000+ dollars that Northside and Southside came up with to purchase and install those new high tech score/replay boards. Those bad boys are the same thing that is at Baum Stadium and at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta and they are the bombdiggity.

We have been siphoning off property tax revenue from South Sebastian County for years and squirreling it away in a secret scoreboard slush fund.   ;)

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on August 29, 2018, 03:40:54 pm
Oh, Greenwood will get one, you can take that  to the bank. How is the Reb, errr Mav, errr, ya'll are still the Mavericks, Right? Or did someone get displeased with that name as well and make you change it? So how is the "team" gonna be this year? Either way as usual you might want to worry about the Southside boys and try and get them back on track Bait!

I definitely blame the downturn the last couple of years on the mascot name change. Them PC Ms#x!&%Rer's screwed up our DixieDust magic....

;)

catfish1

RINGS is all Greenwood Wants REAL BLING

Pr8hd

Pretty sure the 70-2 square I got in the last foundation fundraiser was for the week 2 game....  8)

GW completes goal #1 this week, I think.

Bigfootdogfan

70 - 2  week two. Now that's funny. What would we do with out ol Baitshop. Just glad it's football season again.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on August 29, 2018, 05:42:59 pm
I definitely blame the downturn the last couple of years on the mascot name change. Them PC Ms#x!&%Rer's screwed up our DixieDust magic....

;)
lol, I agree Bait! :)

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Baitshop on August 29, 2018, 05:42:59 pm

;)

The mascot change was definitely a debbie downer for Southside. I still think of them as the Rebels, and always will. Mavericks, what a name.  ::)

PA Dad

I have a confession.  I resent GW.  Why?  Because they are so dang good.  Not just occasionally.  Consistently.  On the other hand I have great respect for them.  Jones is a great coach and it shows in the results he consistently gets.

And the GW fans on this board are, with a couple of exceptions, really good, humble posters.

I've really enjoyed the PA/GW games.  Two masters of the game playing chess.  A tie at 2-2.  I'd love to see them play again.

I know PB is favored this year, but I'd bet on GW to win it again.

I know the 7A fans believe their teams are superior and many years they are.  But there have been years when PA or GW could have whipped all of them.

So take that Red!

High Voltage

Quote from: PA Dad on August 30, 2018, 10:40:48 pm
I have a confession.  I resent GW.  Why?  Because they are so dang good.  Not just occasionally.  Consistently.  On the other hand I have great respect for them.  Jones is a great coach and it shows in the results he consistently gets.

And the GW fans on this board are, with a couple of exceptions, really good, humble posters.

I've really enjoyed the PA/GW games.  Two masters of the game playing chess.  A tie at 2-2.  I'd love to see them play again.

I know the 7A fans believe their teams are superior and many years they are.  But there have been years when PA or GW could have whipped all of them.

So take that Red!
Those are very good points. I agree, I would love to see PA and GW fire it back up. Those were some great games.

Bigfootdogfan

PA Dad, coaches from both PA and GW do a really good job getting the most out of their players and it is my opinion that the reason is not only are they good coaches and know their football but they are good men. They love what they do and treat all their players with respect. They teach more then just football and the players give them their all. It is fun as a GW fan to see how each year is going to turn out but we know that the coaches and players will give their all. I also would like to see GW and PA play again. During the off season I go back and watch games from years past and the ones with PA and Eld are some of my favorite. Good luck to PA this year.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 29, 2018, 10:05:52 pm
The mascot change was definitely a debbie downer for Southside. I still think of them as the Rebels, and always will. Mavericks, what a name.  ::)
Very few people (students or faculty) care anything about the change.  That angst is centered in a pretty specific demographic. 

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on August 29, 2018, 03:14:56 pm
Thanks Grizz, I am sure that this years game will go down to maybe who has the ball last but sure to be a good game. Sounds like NS will have a good team this year. QB with speed and experience to go with good receivers can only mean success. GW will have to bring several young players along during the season but coach Jones does a good job of doing that. I pick GW by a field goal just because of our kicker. Good luck to both teams. Oh yes by the way I haven't seen any GW fans picking GW to win 70-2 LOL! Hehehe!!!!! Is it Friday yet?

Actually, let's go with Greenwood 72 Northside 0. Tricky Ricky and the Bulldogs will put the Grizzlies down again!

Man, I've been waiting for some football for a LONG time. I sure have missed Baitshop, Pr8hd and the gang. Let's do this!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bigfootdogfan

What would we do without Baits chain pulling? 

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on August 31, 2018, 11:41:34 am
What would we do without Baits chain pulling?
I like it best when I can sit back and watch Baitshop pull his own chain!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

The Future

Quote from: PA Dad on August 30, 2018, 10:40:48 pm

So take that Red!

+1 buddy.

Spot on on all your points.

I think every football fan... well any sports fan for that mater... has those teams they don't for really no legitimate reason. And I would say that reason more often than not is that team is so good. Bama anybody??
I respect your honesty of admitting while you do respect Greenwood, there's a bit of you that wants to beat them with a flyswatter lol.
And I'm sure most would feel the same with PA. Any self respecting football fan in the state respects PA. Y'all have more than earned it. 4 straight titles and a very strong case for 5 speaks volume. But with every win, that little bug that wants someone to take PA to the woodshed gets a bit bigger lol.

We definitely need to settle the tie. Been 2-2 for far too long. Maybe in 2020 if we get bumped back down, we'll have to remind the classification just who's boss  ;D

Pine Bluff will be dangerous as always. And our date with them could come in time. But tonight we look to Northside. We'll have a better outlook on how this Greenwood team is coming together after this game.

I actually have to make a correction. My original prediction was 38-21 Greenwood I believe. But it has been made known somewhere up in this thread that as a Greenwood fan I must pick some outlandish score prediction.
Soooooo
Greenwood 1
Northside 0

Now I know what you're thinking. That's not a huge lopsided score. And you're right. But I'm going on record saying Coach Jones and company will play the most perfect game and somehow find a way to beat the record and rule book and be the first team ever to have a score of 1 in American football.

Feels good to be back in football season

GuvHog

The biggest question for Greenwood is how will they react to not having their Anchor, Connor Noland, behind center tonight?

PA Dad

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on August 31, 2018, 09:20:11 am
PA Dad, coaches from both PA and GW do a really good job getting the most out of their players and it is my opinion that the reason is not only are they good coaches and know their football but they are good men. They love what they do and treat all their players with respect. They teach more then just football and the players give them their all. It is fun as a GW fan to see how each year is going to turn out but we know that the coaches and players will give their all. I also would like to see GW and PA play again. During the off season I go back and watch games from years past and the ones with PA and Eld are some of my favorite. Good luck to PA this year.

Good post. +1

Baitshop

The Grizzlies lurking purty good through the first couple of quarters....

The Future

Lots of good bits and pieces out there. Just not put together in the best way just yet.
Great game by the Grizzlies.

We will practice, improve, lock n load, and be ready next week.
I'll say this though. With Southside looking good and taking care of Bennie West, and Greenwood breaking in players and filling lots of holes, I think it's safe to say this could be Southsides best chance yet to take Greenwood down.

jeffslilbro

Quote from: Topdog1 on August 27, 2018, 12:36:39 pm
nobody?

Baitshop

Don't know much about the Bulldogs this year, are they a little younger than they have been in previous years with their starters?

Bigfootdogfan

Congratulations to NS they played well. Their def got after GW. GW young off line has a lot of work to do but they will get better. Holt was pressured all night. The GW faithful will support our Bulldogs win or lose. Good luck to NS the rest of the season.

Road_Dogg

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on August 31, 2018, 09:46:31 pm
Congratulations to NS they played well. Their def got after GW. GW young off line has a lot of work to do but they will get better. Holt was pressured all night. The GW faithful will support our Bulldogs win or lose. Good luck to NS the rest of the season.

Both schools looked rough. Holt isn't awful but he can't take hits all year and hope to survive a full season. And do they seriously not have anyone else to return punts? Sounds pretty weak if you have your QB (a 6a school that has athletes) returning punts.

But it's not that Northside looked good, it's more Greenwood just looked worse. Hats off to Northside though

AB™

It was an uneven game on both sides.  Northside was clearly the better team tonight, though.  Greenwood scored 6 of their 16 points on two possessions where Northside turned the ball over deep in their own territory.  Greenwood didn't even really move the ball more than a few yards each time and their stud kicker drilled a FG to keep them in it.

Northside's defense is stout.  They lived in the Greenwood backfield tonight.  Greenwood's QB made some phenomenal plays to avoid and/or escape pressure to make a throw downfield, but he was under a lot of pressure the entire game.  I knew/know very little about either team other than what they did last year, but I was surprised to see a team line up across from Greenwood and soundly whoop them most of the game.

Northside has playmakers and that defense is stout.  Even if the passing game continues to be uneven and/or a weak point all year, Northside's defense may be good enough to keep them in most games and outright win a few others.

hogsanddogs

Greenwood is young or new in a lot of spots. Last years senior group was stellar. Hard to immediately replace those guys. Greenwood will have a rough road this year.

Road_Dogg

Quote from: AB™ on August 31, 2018, 10:26:39 pm
It was an uneven game on both sides.  Northside was clearly the better team tonight, though.  Greenwood scored 6 of their 16 points on two possessions where Northside turned the ball over deep in their own territory.  Greenwood didn't even really move the ball more than a few yards each time and their stud kicker drilled a FG to keep them in it.

Northside's defense is stout.  They lived in the Greenwood backfield tonight.  Greenwood's QB made some phenomenal plays to avoid and/or escape pressure to make a throw downfield, but he was under a lot of pressure the entire game.  I knew/know very little about either team other than what they did last year, but I was surprised to see a team line up across from Greenwood and soundly whoop them most of the game.

Northside has playmakers and that defense is stout.  Even if the passing game continues to be uneven and/or a weak point all year, Northside's defense may be good enough to keep them in most games and outright win a few others.

Yes greenwood OL looked really bad. But honestly, besides a long PA pass, a long run, and a bobbled punt, northside puts up 10-14 points. Northside was the better team tonight, but they didn't look at that great. Greenwood could only get fgs when they needed tds

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on August 31, 2018, 09:14:36 pm
Lots of good bits and pieces out there. Just not put together in the best way just yet.
Great game by the Grizzlies.

We will practice, improve, lock n load, and be ready next week.
I'll say this though. With Southside looking good and taking care of Bennie West, and Greenwood breaking in players and filling lots of holes, I think it's safe to say this could be Southsides best chance yet to take Greenwood down.

Southside surprised me tonight.  How are you going to put up with Baitshop if Southside beats GW? 

AB™

Quote from: Road_Dogg on August 31, 2018, 11:03:36 pm
Yes greenwood OL looked really bad. But honestly, besides a long PA pass, a long run, and a bobbled punt, northside puts up 10-14 points. Northside was the better team tonight, but they didn't look at that great. Greenwood could only get fgs when they needed tds
Which is why I said it was an uneven game on BOTH sides.  Northside came out and started the 2nd half very sloppily with penalties and turnovers.  Their defense came up big, though, and held Greenwood to two FGs.  That long pass and long run was as much, if not more, than what Greenwood produced in terms of big plays.  Northside, more than Greenwood, was able to methodically run the ball right at Greenwood and pick up small 3-7 yard chunks. 

I have no doubt Greenwood will get better.  I also highly doubt this was Northside at their best in 2018.  However, I do know that solely based on the four quarters I watched between the two teams tonight, Northside was clearly the better, more physical team.  They committed more turnovers and penalties than Greenwood and still won by two scores.  Not often, I'm sure, a Rick Jones team wins the turnover and penalty battle and still loses, never mind loses by two scores. 

Probably the biggest difference is that Northside eventually turned Greenwood's bobbled snap on the punt into a touchdown.  Greenwood forced two Northside turnovers deep in Northside territory and only came away with 6 points.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Dang, maybe GW actually has humans instead of machines in those uniforms.  They are fallible! Spread the word.  Their force shield is down!  :)

FortSmithFootballFan

Northside defense was definitely stellar tonight... Greenwood was tough to tackle and hard to bring down all night. Defensive line for Northside was aggressive and prevented several passes and kept GW from moving the ball and in Peyton Holts face all night which helped a bunch in keeping the passing game from getting anywhere. Northside's offensive line needs some help as NHS was lucky to get what they did offensively, mainly in the running game... Stats were kinda opposite. NHS 265+rushing, 78 passing yds,
Greenwod had 208+passing & 70 rushing yards.
Great game though, good luck to both teams!!!

grizz

Greenwood doesn't eat the humble pie often, but gitcha some of that tonight.

Both teams have serious O line problems.  You didn't see Northside's real offensive strength tonight (receiving corps) because Deuce had no time to throw it.
Credit the Bulldog defense for that.

Holt is a heck of a baller.  My kid plays football and baseball for Northside so I already knew that.  Not sure if Holt bothers me more on the football field or the baseball field.  Scary good in both.

Greenwood folks ought to be proud of Luke Leonard tonight too.  Kid is salty.  Will take a hit and keep coming at you.

You Greenwood guys are spoiled.  Quit with the "we are young" crap.  You got beat by a better team.  We are back.  Go look at our two deep.  Lots of juniors.  We will be there next year too.

The best thing of all is this:  The black players on this Northside team got called n****** tonight by Greenwood players more than they will all the rest of the season combined.  So that part is over.  The racist crap is pretty much over until next year.

Baitshop

Greenwood....racist??

Surely not??

😉

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas