• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A-5 Conference Possible State Champion

Started by ballmember, August 14, 2018, 02:55:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

Looks like 1A-5 conference will be the toughest of the 8 Class A conferences.  Especially girls with Rural Special having ability to go deep in state.  MVE  girls may have a chance.   The boys side will be good with lots of depth.  However 1A-2 may have ICC as the best boys team in class A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on August 14, 2018, 02:55:33 pm
Looks like 1A-5 conference will be the toughest of the 8 Class A conferences.  Especially girls with Rural Special having ability to go deep in state.  MVE  girls may have a chance.   The boys side will be good with lots of depth.  However 1A-2 may have ICC as the best boys team in class A.

Don't forget about Western Grove in 1A-2....

ballmember

Love to watch Western Grove play.   They can usually play with anyone; heard they had most all back.   However, I think ICC talent is too much.   Would like yo see Western Grove boys win it. 

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 14, 2018, 03:41:52 pm
Don't forget about Western Grove in 1A-2....

I've also heard that Western Grove's girls are a lot better this year.  I don't know if they'll win the district, but I say they at least make it to Regionals and maybe even State this year.

HorseFeathers

Had a sophomore with the last name woods(I think) that was pretty good the one time I seem them play last year...

jbtiger73

dont know what confrence brinkley is gonna be in. but they're playing 1A this cycle in basketball. and they are very athletic and tough on the girls. with almost everyone coming back from last year's 2A state tournament team. the center is the only one that graduated. but was the 3rd leading scorer. but was pretty good defensively.

Bigleague

Not a Knock on Brinkley.   But they wouldn't finish in top 6 in wonderview conference

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Girls will come down to rural and mt Vernon. Norfork window has closed.
Icc should win boys if they don't something went wrong.

SackAttack

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on August 16, 2018, 01:54:51 pm
ICC yeah wrong like poor shot selection at key moments— references state championship game last year!

ballmember

ICC did make a poor choice when they thought could run with Guy.  middle 3rd quarter appeared to be gassed.   Should be alright this year, talent wins, not gonna be close enough for coaching to be big issue.   Just don't know who can play them close.   

SackAttack

Quote from: ballmember on August 17, 2018, 09:47:59 am
ICC did make a poor choice when they thought could run with Guy.  middle 3rd quarter appeared to be gassed.   Should be alright this year, talent wins, not gonna be close enough for coaching to be big issue.   Just don't know who can play them close.
Greers Ferry Westside

Bigleague

Quote from: SackAttack on August 17, 2018, 09:42:28 pm
Greers Ferry Westside
Agreed.   West side wins it the next 3 years.   Cause bay is 2A now

Pumnation

SackAttack

Quote from: Pumnation on August 18, 2018, 11:18:27 am
Way too young to compete!!
Well how do you figure?? Best talent hard working team best arena for home court advantage except when C4 brings his bunch to town ( cause he was the first choice for obvious reasons) Brady and Hipp have co- signed Benny's contract! Westside is a lock!

Bigleague

Yeah right.   No way WS hires C4.   Benny was number 1 from the beginning he will do great things there.  From what I heard coach Gardner was second.   

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on August 20, 2018, 12:03:26 pm
Yeah right.   No way WS hires C4.   Benny was number 1 from the beginning he will do great things there.  From what I heard coach Gardner was second.
I know people that have some second cousins and ex wives over there and that ain't what I was told! That boy that cuts logs over here was ready to write a pretty fat check! Book it Westside gonna dominate everybody!!

jbtiger73

Quote from: Bigleague on August 16, 2018, 11:41:01 am
Not a Knock on Brinkley.   But they wouldn't finish in top 6 in wonderview conference
You sure about that? Have you seen them play? If you haven't, then how would you know?

Bigleague

I have seen them.   2A in general is bad.  1A is much stronger in girls.   WS, wonderview, mt Vernon, concord, sacred heart, rural special.   Give one of those teams a call if you want   And that's just one conference

ballmember

I think girls state champ will come from this conference.    I think Shirley Sr girls will also be competitive this year making 1A-5 the deepest it has been in a long time.  9 girls team and 8 could be competitive. 

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on August 16, 2018, 01:54:51 pm
Has Wonderviews girls closed?   

ballmember

Kirby girls may be the favorites now, may have had enough move ins.   

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on August 28, 2018, 03:23:01 pm
Quite possibly most likely odds are high chances it has!! Shoulda hired Terry "Sweet T" Smith but many dropped the ball per Sacks many sources and investigative team

Flobbito

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on August 28, 2018, 03:23:01 pm

They will still be very good, probably make state, I wouldn't say they are a lock for another trip to the championship game this year, but it wouldn't shock me either.

gobblerfire

I would not overlook Wondeview girls at all. They are returning 3 starters and have a solid group of roll players around them. I believe they could go 10 deep at any point and time and not miss a beat. But only time will tell.

SackAttack

Quote from: gobblerfire on August 29, 2018, 02:54:58 pm
I would not overlook Wondeview girls at all. They are returning 3 starters and have a solid group of roll players around them. I believe they could go 10 deep at any point and time and not miss a beat. But only time will tell.
Only if coaching doesn't enter the equation! Or parent involvement! Or favoritism! Or jealousy! Or running a system or putting players out there in poor spots!

ballmember

Wonderview  girls have exemplified being a good  team for several years.  Always enjoyed watching them play   .  Credit goes to the girls, parents, fans and a very good coach.  That coach is gone.   Girls will carryover a lot of their previous habits.  will success be maintained by end of January ?? will be up to new coach and his interactions with players, parents and fans. Several other girls teams appear on the rise.   Strongest girls conference in state.  If only 4 advance to regional, some good girls teams will be left out.  I think rural special and mve will be 2 0f the 4.  what about greers ferry, concord?  fixin to find out

NEABallftw

Quote from: gobblerfire on August 29, 2018, 02:54:58 pm

They roll play? That's why they win then

Flobbito

How do the Jr. High's stack up in this conference.  With the new conference alignment for the next three years, are the predicted top teams pretty much going to stay there?

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on September 07, 2018, 08:20:58 am
How do the Jr. High's stack up in this conference.  With the new conference alignment for the next three years, are the predicted top teams pretty much going to stay there?
Depends really, WV boys I think will be alright, but they're two best players are on Sr. High now, one moving up to 10th and from what I've heard the coaches son moved up. GFWS, don't know if they move up anybody, but they should be stout, Guy should be straight, Those are my top 3 for Jr. Boys. Jr. Girls I'm not just real sure about. RS I would think would be good, and same goes for WV. MVE girls I'm pretty sure moved up most of their players from last year, but doesn't mean they won't be good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas