• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 FINAL MONEY POLL --- OVERALL

Started by 3 Dollar, May 25, 2018, 08:08:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

When crossing classifications, it becomes more difficult to determine the worthiness of wins and losses.  However, some of you all seem to be determined in wanting this ranking.  Therefore, I'll give it the best effort!!!

1...Bentonville (7A)
2...Bentonville West (7A)
3...Sheridan (6A)
4...Bryant (7A)
5...Rose Bud (3A)
6...Quitman (2A)
7...Harmony Grove-Haskell (3A)
8...Cabot (7A)
9...Taylor (1A)
10..Bauxite (4A)

WHITEchicken

A couple of Things you missed.
#1 Smackover should be up there
#2 HG beat Rose Bud in the final game. You can't have them flipped in overall and not the 3a poll.
#3 forget #1 until next year.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 25, 2018, 08:08:57 am
When crossing classifications, it becomes more difficult to determine the worthiness of wins and losses.  However, some of you all seem to be determined in wanting this ranking.  Therefore, I'll give it the best effort!!!

1...Bentonville (7A)
2...Bentonville West (7A)
3...Sheridan (6A)
4...Bryant (7A)
5...Rose Bud (3A)
6...Quitman (2A)
7...Harmony Grove-Haskell (3A)
8...Cabot (7A)
9...Taylor (1A)
10..Bauxite (4A)

Can assure you Bentonville wouldn't beat Sheridan right now the way they set their line up in the end. Nor, do they have as much talent.
But your poll is just your opinion just like mine.

WHITEchicken

You keep talking about this monster lineup that the coach just happen to use after Sheridan lost a few games because no one in the city of Sheridan cared about the games?

IAFLAR7

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 25, 2018, 10:33:35 pm
You keep talking about this monster lineup that the coach just happen to use after Sheridan lost a few games because no one in the city of Sheridan cared about the games?
When did anyone ever say they didn't care about those games??
Do a little research and put some thought into it.
Of course they were trying to win every game.
1. They didn't load up the first couple weeks of their schedule with a lot of games & pretty much started out with a tournament knowing they would be trying some different pitching options.
2. One unknown going into this year was pitching. That said, there were several options to choose. Thus, you give them their chances.
3. As the season progressed it became clear who the best option was.
4. The three games they lost early in the season were not with what ended up being their best pitcher. Even so, they still barely lost to Bentonville and was winning the 2nd BV West game until a walk off GS was given up.
5. The second time they played BV with a future Razorback on the mound and another future Razorback and player of the year hitting a home run, they won and were in control the whole time.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on May 25, 2018, 08:57:00 pm
Can assure you Bentonville wouldn't beat Sheridan right now the way they set their line up in the end. Nor, do they have as much talent.
But your poll is just your opinion just like mine.
Sorry, but Bryant without their best player the last 1/3 of the year is not a #4 overall team. Bauxite beat them convincingly, Cabot beat them & they barely beat Southside in extra innings.

unw1red

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on May 26, 2018, 12:50:43 am
4. The three games they lost early in the season were not with what ended up being their best pitcher. Even so, they still barely lost to Bentonville and was winning the 2nd BV West game until a walk off GS was given up.

Who are you considering their best pitcher? In the first meeting between Sheridan and BW, the same girl that hit the walk-off GS hit a 2-run shot to give BW the lead for good.

I'm not saying Sheridan is bad, they are definitely not, but you are severely discounting the credibility of BOTH Bentonville teams.

And yes, the girl with the walk-off is my daughter.

BIG_K

;D Oh!!! Better develop some thick Skin!  ;D

unw1red

Quote from: BIG_K on June 04, 2018, 07:20:39 am
  ;D Oh!!! Better develop some thick Skin!  ;D

I respect everyone's opinion. Nothing personal about someone's comments.

But to say a team only lost because they didn't play their best lineup....not valid. If that were the case, then why is that same person discounting another team's ranking because they lost their #1 pitcher. Shouldn't they be given the benefit of the doubt since they didn't field their best team in the state championship?

razorhead69

It was clear the 2 best teams in the state were from the same city! There is really no argument on this one!

IAFLAR7

June 05, 2018, 09:42:25 pm #10 Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:44:08 pm by IAFLAR7
They didn't purposely not field their best lineup. It's a feeling out process during the season with any sport and ultimately it's about peaking when it counts. Especially when you have some uncertainty going into the season.
If you refuse to actually drill down deep into the details of games and compare scores and lineups, then be that shallow.
It's clear to me, Sheridan is the best team in the state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas