• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State tournament

Started by BLUEBLOOD, May 07, 2018, 11:10:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEBLOOD

What are the most intriguing 1st round matchups?

I'll lead off with these two:

Acorn vs SS Bee Branch
        Acorn hit the ball well at regional tournament and played good defense
        SS was playing good ball through middle of season, but seems like they haven't been playing their best lately

Bradley vs Scranton
       Bradley is 3 seed from a tough conference and battled good teams all season;  don't let their 10 losses fool you
       Scranton has some good wins;  didn't play very well in regional when opponent hit the ball on them

Bigpoppa

I would agree on 1st round matches....lots of good ones in the next round, too.

Not often do the brackets look right, but I think the powerhouses are separated and good games throughout.

Final Four
Taylor
Woodlawn
Concord
And the winner of Dierks and Mount Vernon?

Smalltownfamous

My prediction....

Concord
Taylor
Woodlawn
Dierks

littlec2964

Should be an interesting tournament with most of the games being played on turf fields (or so I was told). Most 1A schools don't get to play on turf during the regular season except for maybe in a tournament. Good luck to all the teams that made it and safe travels for everyone.

littlec2964

Ouachita 12
Hillcrest 2

Final

RTF

RTF

Midland 23
Shirley 4

Final

RTF

BLUEBLOOD

Dierks  5
MVE 9

Midland 6
Mt Ida 5

Calico Rock 5
Acorn  4

Over & out from Mt Home. Blueblood headed south

BLUEBLOOD

Taylor 11
Viola 0
5 innings

Smalltownfamous

So far, BigPoppa has the prediction on lock!

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Smalltownfamous on May 10, 2018, 07:22:08 pm
So far, BigPoppa has the prediction on lock!

I think Mt Vernon pitcher will give Ouachita 5-9 hitters trouble. I think BigPoppa might be right.

BasketballNeverStops

Midland's victory over Mt. Ida has to be the biggest win of the tournament thus far.

Bigpoppa

Midland is a scrappy team. That was a big win.

Smalltownfamous

I think Woodlawn and Concord will be a great game if they meet up. I think pitchers have a similar style from seeing Concord for the first time yesterday. They aren't the "boogie man" folks are making them out to be. But, they are definitely good.

Smalltownfamous

Concord v Rector score??? MaxPreps has an incorrect score posted (or it should be) showing Rector winning. That just doesn't sound right.

Bigpoppa

Region 3 versus Region 5!

BW2015

Quote from: Smalltownfamous on May 11, 2018, 06:22:36 pm
Concord v Rector score??? MaxPreps has an incorrect score posted (or it should be) showing Rector winning. That just doesn't sound right.

10-0 Concord

Smalltownfamous

Gonna be a heck of a game!

gamechanger11

Concord 7-1 is what I gonna call

BasketballNeverStops

Taylor won 7-0, and Concord won 6-0!!!

Bigpoppa

The battle everyone has been waiting to see! Congrats to Woodlawn and Mount Vernon as well. The tall Mt Vernon pitcher impressed me, holding Taylor for 4 scoreless innings.

CrazySacDad

Woodlawn has played both. they are Great teams for sure. Will be one fine game to see. I will be 1ST to give a prediction.Both play great D. Concord has a good short game but think Taylor hit us better. Taylor has great corners and it comes down to that young Lady on the mound Taylor 3 Concord 2. Good luck to both and travel safe and have a good time. Going miss 1A Great Fans who Luv the Greatest game on dirt.

Smalltownfamous

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas