• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 1A Girls State Championship: Mt Vernon-Enola vs Wonderview Sat 2:30

Started by J.D., March 03, 2018, 07:22:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Mt.Vernon-Enola
15 (26.8%)
Wonderview
41 (73.2%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: March 07, 2018, 07:24:05 pm

J.D.

Mt.Vernon-Enola vs Wonderview

Saturday @ 2:30

Flobbito

MVE has played them as close as anyone (anyone who hasn't beaten them), but WV played lights out tonight. If that continues it will be a double digit win for them.

JimmyChitwood

girlsbbfanatic

Wonderview will mop the floor with them.

mv_fan

The two most deserving teams! Will be a good game!

Flobbito

Quote from: girlsbbfanatic on March 04, 2018, 09:15:19 am
Wonderview will mop the floor with them.

Could be, but eveyone was ready to coronate Norfork three rounds ago, since they were the only 1A team to beat WV and they had an easy road tot he semi's.  You gotta play the game.

lineman76

hooperfromwestside

Flobbito

yesteryearman

Motownsportsfan

Coaching match up. I think the MVE coach does a really good job. His teams at mulberry were really hard nosed. I'm wondering how Simon is viewed outside of WV. I've talked to other coaches who don't care for him. Also there are some at WV who don't. I will say one thing about him , he doesn't like to lose. He has been at WV for 7 years and this is his 5th championship game. I think if he can win this one it would quiet some doubters because WV is clearly the better team.

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 04, 2018, 05:21:37 pm
Coaching match up. I think the MVE coach does a really good job. His teams at mulberry were really hard nosed. I'm wondering how Simon is viewed outside of WV. I've talked to other coaches who don't care for him. Also there are some at WV who don't. I will say one thing about him , he doesn't like to lose. He has been at WV for 7 years and this is his 5th championship game. I think if he can win this one it would quiet some doubters because WV is clearly the better team.
Wont quiet the doubters over here on the lake! My Vernon finally gets it done!

Scout404

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 04, 2018, 05:21:37 pm

I wouldnt say WV is clearly the better team. MVE is fairly loaded with talent. I think it will be a close game and probably low scoring due to the number of times they have played each other.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Scout404 on March 04, 2018, 07:31:01 pm
I wouldnt say WV is clearly the better team. MVE is fairly loaded with talent. I think it will be a close game and probably low scoring due to the number of times they have played each other.

And WV seems to be snake bit in the finals.... we'll see, if MVE gives WV 24 ft attempts in the first half I'll bet they don't win this one...

Hef

Quote from: Scout404 on March 04, 2018, 07:31:01 pm

Wonderview has beaten them four times this season, progressively worse each time......how many times do you have to beat another team to be considered the "better" team?

Scout404

Quote from: Hef on March 04, 2018, 07:46:18 pm
Wonderview has beaten them four times this season, progressively worse each time......how many times do you have to beat another team to be considered the "better" team?

You are correct.  Wv plays better together and is the better team.  I responded to your statement incorrectly.     I meant as far a individual talent I feel like MVE is right there with Wonderview.   

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Scout404 on March 04, 2018, 08:04:21 pm
You are correct.  Wv plays better together and is the better team.  I responded to your statement incorrectly.     I meant as far a individual talent I feel like MVE is right there with Wonderview.   
So you are saying Jeremy is a better coach than Adam. That's the info I was looking for.

Scout404

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 04, 2018, 08:17:13 pm
So you are saying Jeremy is a better coach than Adam. That's the info I was looking for.

Both coaches are good. Wonderview players are seasoned.  MVE has some 9th graders mixed in and are still learning to play together. I think they have the talent but I like the experience of WV.  I was very impressed with the heart and will to win WV has played with this year at state. Ive really enjoyed watching them
Ill predict WV 38-31 in the final game this year. 

thebigman3

Quote from: Hef on March 04, 2018, 07:46:18 pm
They better just beat them when it counts.

Scout404

What were the scores of district and regional matchups between the two?

WPWells

Flobbito

Flobbito

Quote from: Scout404 on March 04, 2018, 09:28:03 pm
What were the scores of district and regional matchups between the two?

They won by 11 and 15 district then regional. Dint know the scores though.

AVGBBFAN

last year everybody was saying the real championship game was in the semi's between Norfork and Wonderview and Bay shocked Wonderview.  Could MVE be the spoiler this year?  Wonderview beat the legit #1 in Norfork in the Semi's and the #3/4 in Bay in the Elite 8 but has to finish the run.  I think Wonderview pulls it off this year, but it will be a great game

riccoar

12/15   @MVE

WV    40
MVE   38

1/30  @WV

WV   52
MVE  45

2/16  District

WV   55
MVE  43

2/24  Regionals

WV   58
MVE  43 

Thesportsman

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say MV is gonna rock the house ! The Raby girls got the speed and the  endurance to tip the score !      Hard to beat someone over and over again  I got MV by 5 pts

gilesman2333

Quote from: Thesportsman on March 05, 2018, 08:04:03 pm
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say MV is gonna rock the house ! The Raby girls got the speed and the  endurance to tip the score !      Hard to beat someone over and over again  I got MV by 5 pts

i know i always sound biased of the Raby Girls but i agree. They are going to come out on all cylinders and are going to be a difference maker. Plan to see a good game. MVE by 4

bigballerbrand1200

I got wonderview by 15+ I mean just because they have been there so many times and have that huge advantage. Also wonderview isnt going to lose another title game, they are on a mission this year. They also do a good job of shutting that big girl down, and have stronger guards in that little #5 and 23 and 12

RedWolf275

Motownsportsfan

WV 52 to 44. 8 point win. #5 for WV will be best player on the court. #gamer

Bigpoppa

I say the pressure is really on Wonderview. They haven't been able to win the big one, plus they are obviously favored.

Shinbone5

Will be a tough game, Coaches are both winners, I had two daughters play for Carlton while at Mulberry.  He is a class act coach & family man.  Simon is one heck of a coach as well. I see Coach Carlton coming out with the win.  Throw out the records, its winner take all.  Good luck to both teams as so many teams from the smaller schools never even get the chance to make a state tournament.   #JPCW  Jacket_5

thebigman3

Both are very well disciplined. I don't expect a blowout. I still think WV wins. But by 5.

audiogirl

BasketballNeverStops

End of 3rd Q
Wonderview-37
MVE-27

MVE offense has gotten going, but View answers right back with every MVE basket.

BasketballNeverStops

4th Q
5:52
Wonderview-43
MVE-32

MVE TO.
Wonderview drills two triples before Raby answers with a triple of her own.

BasketballNeverStops

Final
Wonderview-56
MVE-40

Congrats to View on their second title, first since 2012. They stepped up and hit the big shots despite MVE's efforts to get back into it. Zimmerman wins MVP, as her and Byers combine for 36 of the team's 56. Raby led MVE with a game-high 21.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas