• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Importance of sports

Started by Flobbito, March 02, 2018, 01:57:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flobbito

Anyone catch Drive Time Sports yesterday (3-1-2018) aroung 6 pm when Dr. Hill was giving his opinion on the importance of sports in young folks' lives?  He got on the topic after discussing his son's heart break after losing their playoff game. I wish I had a recording of it in a nutshell he said:

Just like you have a lab for science classes, sports is a lab on life.  You get to enjoy victory and defeat and learn how to live and persevere through both. When you get your hopes crushed from defeat, you still got to get up the next day, put on you're shoes and keep going. When you win once, you can't be satisfied with that, you got to find a reason to keep pushing yourself.  Athletics prepares you for life."

South 45

Quote from: Flobbito on March 02, 2018, 01:57:13 pm
Anyone catch Drive Time Sports yesterday (3-1-2018) aroung 6 pm when Dr. Hill was giving his opinion on the importance of sports in young folks' lives?  He got on the topic after discussing his son's heart break after losing their playoff game. I wish I had a recording of it in a nutshell he said:

Just like you have a lab for science classes, sports is a lab on life.  You get to enjoy victory and defeat and learn how to live and persevere through both. When you get your hopes crushed from defeat, you still got to get up the next day, put on you're shoes and keep going. When you win once, you can't be satisfied with that, you got to find a reason to keep pushing yourself.  Athletics prepares you for life."
I love listening to that guy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas