• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 2 @ Armorel

Started by hogheaven11, February 17, 2018, 09:30:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

D6Bound

Also another thing, there's about 10 teams in 1A this year that'll be able to contend for a state title. There is nobody head and shoulders anyone else. This is the weakest 1A has ever been in regards to team talent levels.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: D6Bound on February 24, 2018, 10:54:34 am
Also another thing, there's about 10 teams in 1A this year that'll be able to contend for a state title. There is nobody head and shoulders anyone else. This is the weakest 1A has ever been in regards to team talent levels.
... I mean maybe up in the delta. Kirby's holding it down in the south by a consensus now I think...

D6Bound

February 24, 2018, 11:31:35 am #102 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 11:44:21 am by D6Bound
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 24, 2018, 11:19:05 am
... I mean maybe up in the delta. Kirby's holding it down in the south by a consensus now I think...
Yeah and truth be told I've kind of thought all year Kirby was more than likely the best team in 1A. No offense to Omaha or County Line or teams in their regions (yes I know they've lost but still they were top rankings in 1A) but their schedules are usually extremely weak and it often results in their astonishing regular season records to come to a quick end come state tournament time. I may be wrong but it happens just about every year in 1A. ICC is talented but they're very young and young teams can succumb to adversity from time to time just like last night. But anyways, 1A is wide open this year and everyone better be expecting a lot of upsets next week.

thebigman3

Quote from: J.D. on February 23, 2018, 11:52:28 pm
Long time no see.  Welcome back.
I thought the same thing lol

J.D.

Girls 3rd/4th

Maynard - 30

Mammoth Springs - 25

BannerChaser95

Mammoth Springs 42

Maynard 41

End of 3rd

J.D.

Mammoth Springs - 63

Maynard - 56

Final.

J.D.

3rd/4th Boys

ICC - 14

Rector - 11

End of 1st

baller334

eamo8911

baller334

Ok someone help me understand ICC or Rector for that matter. Is one overrated or one underrated? Or did ICC expel all their energy last night??

eamo8911

ICC is tired from last night, I'm sure. Bay and ICC is always unpredictable in my opinion.  Rector should not be keeping up with them like they are if ICC is firing on all cylinders

eamo8911

Omaha is most people's number 1 and they lost last night and today.  I wouldn't overrated them. Just a couple bad days. Same for ICC

NEArkie

3rd/4th Boys

ICC - 40
Rector - 38
Final

eamo8911

They play the strong/Nevada winner

arknatural

Anyone know if the audio broadcast of the games from Armorel tonight are available to stream online?  If so, what station?

NEArkie

Girls Regional Championship

Norfork - 12
Bay - 9
End of 1st

bhartgen

Girls
Bay 9
Norfolk 12
End of 1

NEArkie

Norfork - 17
Bay - 18
HalfTime

NEArkie

Norfork - 29
Bay - 33
End of 3

eamo8911

arknatural

Sounds like quite a 4th quarter by Norfork.  What happened to Bay at the end?  Did one of their key players foul out?

GassvilleDragonfly

Quote from: arknatural on February 24, 2018, 07:34:16 pm
Sounds like quite a 4th quarter by Norfork.  What happened to Bay at the end?  Did one of their key players foul out?
Only one player fouled out from Bay with 2.5 seconds left. They just got tired from only playing 7 players and playing in 25's and 35's backpacks. Also Norfork cleaned up how they were playing.

John M.

NEArkie

1A-2 Boys Regional
Bay 42
Armorel 32
End of 3rd Quarter

John M.

NEArkie

1A-2 Boys Regional
Bay 62
Armorel 55
Final

AVGBBFAN

My kids are long graduated, but living in NEA, this was the best Regional with the best teams, I saw every game, so would like to share my thoughts......

Bay boys have a great coach and had a plan and executed all week long. #12 Dax Gibson (SP?) is a coach on the floor -- best PG iv'e seen in a while

Norfork girls are loaded  with a lot of play makers -- would be a shocker if they don't roll through next week and hang a banner....

Bay girls have the talent, but the wheels fell off against Norfork's press -- it baffles me how a team that is pressing and trapping only had 1 -- yes 1 -- foul called in the third quarter -- Ref's didn't cost Bay the game, but they did let Norfork have their way in the second half -- Bay missed too many layups.  It's a shame these two teams are on the same side of the bracket for state.

Armorel boys are deep, talented, and experienced -- will be a tough out for anyone they face next week.

Rector is an under-rated athletic team, but not very deep.

ICC is a year away from being a power to contend with -- the Cooper kid is super talented, but needs to play more under control and take charge on the floor -- he has the BB body, and with experience and work, could be a D1 talent.

Mammoth girls need better coaching and coordination -- they have the talent but don't seem to have the game plan.

Maynard girls have a lot of players, but don't seem to play in a very organized manner -- quick to get rattled.

Region 2 will make some noise next week -- Armorel did a great job as host, and their BBQ nachos ruled the week :)

no mascot

bscinar

February 25, 2018, 01:58:11 am #129 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:10:59 am by bscinar
Armorel BBQ nachos > than ICC cheese fries  ;)

Tigerforever42

We do have great bbq nachos! That was a tough loss to Bay last night. Bay got off some good 3balls and missed very few opportunities at the line. Not given up on those Tigers yet... let's get the state going.

ballislife101

correct me if i'm wrong but armorel had a starter missing all tournament too?

Tigerforever42

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas