• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D-Mac Brackets

Started by Ole Man River, February 11, 2018, 05:07:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Man River

GOLD—Bauxite, Rison, Taylor, Lake Hamilton, Bald Knob, Avery, TX, Murfressboro, and Smackover
BLUE—Foreman, Poyen, Paragould, Haskell-HG, Nashville, El Dorado, Concord, and Genoa Central
WHITE—Bismarck, Ouachita, Dierks, Mansfield, Hermitage, SS Bee Branch, Fouke, and Malvern
RED—Spring Hill, Ashdown, Harrison, Dover, Magnet Cove, Acorn, Paris, and Magnolia
GREEN—Springdale, Cossatot River, Trinity Christian, Hope, Prescott, Arkadelphia, Gurdon, and Bradley

PUDGEMVP99

When (and where) can we find schedules for these games?  Would love to get down there and watch some great softball!

Ole Man River

Games are played in Hope, AR and the will be played Thursday Friday and Saturday March 15-17.  Games on Thursday start at 4:00, Games on Friday starts at 4:00, and Games on Saturday will start at 8:00 am with Finals starting at 7:30 and 9:00.

If you need a specific team tell me who and I'll try to get you a time.  Thanks

PUDGEMVP99

Was interested in watching Rison, Poyen, Foreman, Magnet Cove, & Spring Hill...

Ole Man River

Rison plays Bauxite Fri at 5:30 on Kelly 3
Poyen plays Foreman Fri at 4:00 on Kelly 1
Magnet Cove plays Acorn Fri at 7:00 on Kelly 1
Spring Hill plays Ashdown Thursday at 4:00 on Millennium Field

PUDGEMVP99

littlec2964

Info on games and times for gold bracket

FlexIng

Quote from: Ole Man River on February 11, 2018, 05:07:57 pm
GOLD—Bauxite, Rison, Taylor, Lake Hamilton, Bald Knob, Avery, TX, Murfressboro, and Smackover
BLUE—Foreman, Poyen, Paragould, Haskell-HG, Nashville, El Dorado, Concord, and Genoa Central
WHITE—Bismarck, Ouachita, Dierks, Mansfield, Hermitage, SS Bee Branch, Fouke, and Malvern
RED—Spring Hill, Ashdown, Harrison, Dover, Magnet Cove, Acorn, Paris, and Magnolia
GREEN—Springdale, Cossatot River, Trinity Christian, Hope, Prescott, Arkadelphia, Gurdon, and Bradley
I wish they would set it up to have all the bracket champions play it out to have an overall Championship. It is normally set up to have the best competition but I am not sure that is going to be the cause with this setup. Look forward to watching it anyway. Great cause and well ran

littlec2964

Quote from: FlexIng on February 12, 2018, 08:29:49 pm
I wish they would set it up to have all the bracket champions play it out to have an overall Championship. It is normally set up to have the best competition but I am not sure that is going to be the cause with this setup. Look forward to watching it anyway. Great cause and well ran
What team(s) that are not in the gold bracket do you think would have a chance in that bracket? Just curious.

FlexIng

February 22, 2018, 01:26:40 pm #9 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:04:55 pm by FlexIng
Quote from: littlec2964 on February 21, 2018, 06:41:28 pm
What team(s) that are not in the gold bracket do you think would have a chance in that bracket? Just curious.
Maybe every team minus Genoa Central and El Dorado in the Blue bracket honestly.
You feel all the top teams are in the “Gold” bracket? Just curious

BIG_K

FlexIng

February 24, 2018, 06:25:46 pm #11 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:08:52 am by FlexIng
Quote from: BIG_K on February 23, 2018, 10:40:56 am
Favories?
Bauxite may be the best team in it but they will have a couple of good test maybe.
There are more then a few pretty good pitchers in the tournament that could maybe carry their teams though 3 games

FreeToaGoodHome

Nashville may have the saltiest line-up in this whole event. And will definitely have one of the hardest throwing pitchers.

sizzlet2455

Quote from: FreeToaGoodHome on February 27, 2018, 12:02:16 pm
Nashville may have the saltiest line-up in this whole event. And will definitely have one of the hardest throwing pitchers.
I know they have maybe two good hitters, but i'm not sure how the rest of the lineup could be salty... They lost a lot of seniors. But we will see the outcomes.

FlexIng

Quote from: sizzlet2455 on February 27, 2018, 01:48:39 pm
I know they have maybe two good hitters, but i'm not sure how the rest of the lineup could be salty... They lost a lot of seniors. But we will see the outcomes.
Addition by subtraction maybe but I don't know. Guess we will get to see in a few weeks who finishes on top of each of the 5 brackets.

FlexIng

Could someone post the brackets or share a link to them. We want to watch some good games so was wanting to see who played who and when. Thank you

FreeToaGoodHome

March 07, 2018, 04:24:53 pm #16 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:34:22 pm by FreeToaGoodHome
Quote from: FlexIng on March 06, 2018, 06:12:16 am
Could someone post the brackets or share a link to them. We want to watch some good games so was wanting to see who played who and when. Thank you

Redwolves8526

rayzorbackfan

I think Bauxite may be the best Team there this year, but there are several really good teams in it.

BoogieMan27

Smalltownfamous

Any thoughts on 1A Taylor?

XFalkonz

Smalltownfamous

Yep...deja' vu.  Similar gAme to Woodlawn at '17 regionals. Horrendous offense along with early errors. Made their comeback but couldn't pull it off. Happened the other night against Harmony Grove. If Taylor gets down early, seems to become a mental hurdle. At the same time, GC and HG both went into panic made as Taylor began coming back at the last.

XFalkonz

Quote from: Smalltownfamous on March 17, 2018, 10:13:13 am
Yep...deja' vu.  Similar gAme to Woodlawn at '17 regionals. Horrendous offense along with early errors. Made their comeback but couldn't pull it off. Happened the other night against Harmony Grove. If Taylor gets down early, seems to become a mental hurdle. At the same time, GC and HG both went into panic made as Taylor began coming back at the last.
Yet both teams beat Taylor.

Smalltownfamous

Wow. Very blunt. Yes, they did. However, to be frank, they haven't had a 1A school score a run on them since Woodlawn. Gave up no runs in state and have yet to give up a run in this year. REMEMBER, we're talking about a 1a school from a small town with a population less than 600. So, arent those schools EXPECTED to beat them?
It's funny...if Taylor beats a team that is 1A, people say "well
They don't have any competition." If Taylor beats a team that is higher ranked or "tougher", it's a fluke. Apparently, they'd have to win the 7a state championship to be taken seriously.
BTW, they just thumped Bauxite at D-MAC. But, I guess Bauxite is just a weak team this year...along with Lake Hamilton, Arkadelphia, etc., etc...

FlexIng

Quote from: Smalltownfamous on March 17, 2018, 02:00:50 pm
Wow. Very blunt. Yes, they did. However, to be frank, they haven't had a 1A school score a run on them since Woodlawn. Gave up no runs in state and have yet to give up a run in this year. REMEMBER, we're talking about a 1a school from a small town with a population less than 600. So, arent those schools EXPECTED to beat them?
It's funny...if Taylor beats a team that is 1A, people say "well
They don't have any competition." If Taylor beats a team that is higher ranked or "tougher", it's a fluke. Apparently, they'd have to win the 7a state championship to be taken seriously.
BTW, they just thumped Bauxite at D-MAC. But, I guess Bauxite is just a weak team this year...along with Lake Hamilton, Arkadelphia, etc., etc...
Taylor/Bauxite game was an awesome 2-1 game! Bauxite should be in the finals in 4A. Nashville just beat Concord 7-2. I think both of them would compete as high as 4A. Maybe 5A. Great to see them holding their own with good bigger school!

Smalltownfamous

WHITEchicken

Bauxite didn't look down to me. Taylor is a great team. I would say the only way for a 1a school to beat Taylor would be for them to beat themselves. I have seen some good Softball this year and Taylor is up there with everyone I've seen. I have seen 1a-5a state champs, runner ups and everything in between from last year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas