• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nettleton Basketball

Started by woopork, February 07, 2018, 03:01:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woopork

Any Nettleton basketball followers on here? Looking at their schedule today and they have some spectacular wins and they have some spectacular losses. Wasn't sure if someone had been injured at some point or how they have beaten Jonesboro and West Memphis, but also lost to Vilonia and Paragould. Seemed awfully curious to me.

Mancho Hogo

Nettleton has great talent but they are very inconsistent.  They have seemed to struggle lately and I haven't noticed any injuries.  Not sure what's going on. 

godeep

Neckred

PapaHog

Coach M will get it right. Talented team no doubt. That little guard they've got can flat out go. I could see a semi finals run even still.

MikeDieselâ„¢

Nettleton seems to play to the level of their competition too much.  It can be a dangerous thing for great teams.  Play up against good competition.  Play down against bad competition.

Runnin With The Pack

Lots of talent, but they seem to have some maturity issues in my opinion...

birddawg1986

Happens every year. Should be a final four team every year.

bbfan89

The whole East is weak and Nettleton seems to be lacking the confidence they had early in the year.

birddawg1986

Luckily high school coaches don't get fired for losing. If they did MM would be on his way out the door. Very talented Nettleton under achieves again.

MDXPHD

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 28, 2018, 09:47:25 pm
Luckily high school coaches don't get fired for losing. If they did MM would be on his way out the door. Very talented Nettleton under achieves again.

I'm sure you don't under achieve at what you do in life.

JessieP

Calling for the dismissal of a high school educator because the basketball team didn't perform to your expectations. Nice priorities! There is one small hole in your reasoning. College coaches make ungodly amounts of money. They don't teach any other subjects. They don't patrol the lunch room to keep an eye on students. They don't go without. High school coaches are underpaid. If you factor in practice, travel, meetings and other activities their hourly rate would work out to way under minimum wage. Maybe you should seek out the coach and just say "Thank you for all you do for the kids, great job". You should say this regardless of the teams record.

PapaHog

What a clown that guy is.. unless you're in on every practice and every meeting and you know 100% what is going on within the team, don't ever get on here and call for the dismissal of a coach. If you are in fact in on everything and you still get on here and call for the dismissal of a coach, you're even worse imo. Clearly you don't coach though. I'm sure Coach M doesn't get on carfacts dot com and talk about how sorry of a used car salesman you are.

Hogman2018

[/quote What an idiot! If you think  they should of beat of Parkview you done lost ur mind!!!!

Hogman2018

Quote from: Hogman2018 on March 01, 2018, 07:09:35 am
[/quote What an idiot! If you think  they should of beat of Parkview you done lost ur mind!!!!
you are an idiot if you think yall should beat Parkview!!!

birddawg1986

Quote from: JessieP on February 28, 2018, 11:18:39 pm
Calling for the dismissal of a high school educator because the basketball team didn't perform to your expectations. Nice priorities! There is one small hole in your reasoning. College coaches make ungodly amounts of money. They don't teach any other subjects. They don't patrol the lunch room to keep an eye on students. They don't go without. High school coaches are underpaid. If you factor in practice, travel, meetings and other activities their hourly rate would work out to way under minimum wage. Maybe you should seek out the coach and just say "Thank you for all you do for the kids, great job". You should say this regardless of the teams record.
Nobody said FIRE the HS coach. Read the statement

birddawg1986

Quote from: PapaHog on March 01, 2018, 06:53:16 am
What a clown that guy is.. unless you're in on every practice and every meeting and you know 100% what is going on within the team, don't ever get on here and call for the dismissal of a coach. If you are in fact in on everything and you still get on here and call for the dismissal of a coach, you're even worse imo. Clearly you don't coach though. I'm sure Coach M doesn't get on carfacts dot com and talk about how sorry of a used car salesman you are.
Once again nobody said FIRE the coach. You also read the statement.

PapaHog

No you just implied that he would be "if". Which is a moronic statement.

JessieP

Quote from: PapaHog on March 01, 2018, 07:27:19 am
No you just implied that he would be "if". Which is a moronic statement.

Thank you. No, he never actually said fire the coach, he implied it. This is not a smart man.

dalemurphy

Arkansas is a good state to coach high school basketball in then.  Because high school coaches in Illinois and Missouri get fired all the time for losing or not meeting the communities expectations

4real

it does happen in Arkansas.  not as common as it was 30 years ago.  nor as common as you see with football.

dalemurphy

It is very common in Illinois and Missouri and getting more common everyday.  If a high school basketball coach isn't coaching in their hometown, they better win even with bad talent.  Even if they are winning, guys that last more than 5-7 years at one school are few and far between anymore. 

CoachEagleCat

They won 20 games. Conference champs. Beat the 7A West Champs, beat both Jonesboro and West Memphis, beat 4A favorites Arkansas Baptist. That's a heck of a year.

5A is tougher, top to bottom, than 6A and 7A in my opinion.

McCord has more basketball knowledge than most coaches would ever dream of having. For some reason his teams fizzle towards the end of the year.

He works hard at his craft and his teams are always competitive.

PapaHog

Ponca

Quote from: CoachEagleCat on March 01, 2018, 01:04:17 pm
They won 20 games. Conference champs. Beat the 7A West Champs, beat both Jonesboro and West Memphis, beat 4A favorites Arkansas Baptist. That's a heck of a year.

5A is tougher, top to bottom, than 6A and 7A in my opinion.

McCord has more basketball knowledge than most coaches would ever dream of having. For some reason his teams fizzle towards the end of the year.

He works hard at his craft and his teams are always competitive.

5A has been best classification in basketball for several years now. If they still played overalls, 5A would probably have 12 of last 15 overall titles.

ISU7

Quote from: Ponca on March 02, 2018, 07:29:39 pm
5A has been best classification in basketball for several years now. If they still played overalls, 5A would probably have 12 of last 15 overall titles.
No way ...😂

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas