• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro Westside Warriors

Started by Bbal789, December 25, 2017, 09:54:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbal789

Time to wake up on the Jonesboro Westside Warriors. Nobody really talked about them before the season but they are arguably the best team in 4a. Avery Felts, Riley Felkins, and Cullen Felkins are the best backcourt in 4a. Gage Sheffield and Jordan Rockers are playing well down low and Kessler Mack is also a huge contributor at guard. They just beat Osceola 81-75 who is arguably the best team in 3a. Riley Felkins had 30 points, Avery Felts had 26 points, and Cullen Felkins had 12 points. Their only three losses this year were to North Little Rock, Southside Batesville, and Bartlett. Westside only lost to North Little Rock by 6 points and Baptist Prep lost to North Little Rock by 26 points, Westside lost to Southside Batesville by 1 point and Southside Batesville is the only other team I would put above Westside in 4a, and Bartlett is a really solid team from Tennessee. They also beat Brookland 71-45 hitting twelve threes in the first half. They also play really good on defense and as a team.

ArkansasSportsFan

Okay so the Felkins brothers, which one is the senior?

Bbal789

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on December 28, 2017, 12:15:46 am
Okay so the Felkins brothers, which one is the senior?

Cullen Felkins is the senior and Riley is a sophomore

RiceMan3

I was at the Brookland game. You sure it was only 12 threes in the first half? One kid hit his first 7. Number 30 or 35... anyway, he shoots off his shoulder.

I just saw the updated standings from MaxPreps, Westside is in at 6; Brookland in at 4. Makes no sense. I know Brookland beat Nettleton (when Nettleton was still in football playoffs, and 8 players were on the field), and throttled Blytheville, but theyre not even a top 10 team in my opinion. Too many lazy lolly-pop passes, can't handle aggressive defenses and are easily one dimensional if outside shots aren't falling.

Bbal789

December 28, 2017, 08:12:31 pm #4 Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 08:14:11 pm by Bbal789
Quote from: RiceMan3 on December 28, 2017, 05:37:30 pm
I was at the Brookland game. You sure it was only 12 threes in the first half? One kid hit his first 7. Number 30 or 35... anyway, he shoots off his shoulder.

I just saw the updated standings from MaxPreps, Westside is in at 6; Brookland in at 4. Makes no sense. I know Brookland beat Nettleton (when Nettleton was still in football playoffs, and 8 players were on the field), and throttled Blytheville, but theyre not even a top 10 team in my opinion. Too many lazy lolly-pop passes, can't handle aggressive defenses and are easily one dimensional if outside shots aren't falling.

The Maxprep standings are based off of no credible sources. Nobody from Maxpreps watches these teams play. They just assume from teams records. Maxprep standings are definitely not reliable at all. Brookland is good but Jonesboro Westside is way better. Westside could have hit more threes in the first half Im not sure I just went off of what someone else said on here. Jonesboro Westside is an insane three point shooting team.

Livewire

Just thought Avery Felts, Riley Felkins,and Cullen Felkins should be congratulated for making the All Tournament Team at the NEA TOURNAMENT

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Livewire on December 31, 2017, 08:55:56 pm
Just thought Avery Felts, Riley Felkins,and Cullen Felkins should be congratulated for making the All Tournament Team at the NEA TOURNAMENT

Congrats to these talented players

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bbal789 on December 28, 2017, 08:12:31 pm
The Maxprep standings are based off of no credible sources. Nobody from Maxpreps watches these teams play. They just assume from teams records. Maxprep standings are definitely not reliable at all. Brookland is good but Jonesboro Westside is way better. Westside could have hit more threes in the first half Im not sure I just went off of what someone else said on here. Jonesboro Westside is an insane three point shooting team.

It's a computer formula...only bias it seems to have is to teams who have played a ton of games...

Head Lion

I have always thought Coach Whitmire is the most underrated coach in the area. I am looking forward to Manila playing them, we had a couple of shootouts last year.

Bbal789

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 01, 2018, 10:54:23 am
It's a computer formula...only bias it seems to have is to teams who have played a ton of games...

Oh dang I didn't know it was a based off of a computer

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe everyone knows that Westside is one of the best boys basketball teams in this area.

Bbal789

Quote from: ajhop on January 02, 2018, 02:32:01 pm
NlR guys was still playing football

Baptist played NLR after Westside did

Bbal789

Jonesboro Westside beat Gosnell 97-53. Avery Felts scored 42 points.

Runnin With The Pack

Westside defeated Rivercrest 60-36 last night.  They are now 9-4 overall and 6-0 in conference.  Only losses have come @ the hands of 7A North Little Rock, 7A Bartlett (TN), 5A Nettleton & 4A Southside.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Runnin With The Pack on January 06, 2018, 05:59:47 pm
Westside defeated Rivercrest 60-36 last night.  They are now 9-4 overall and 6-0 in conference.  Only losses have come @ the hands of 7A North Little Rock, 7A Bartlett (TN), 5A Nettleton & 4A Southside.

A very talented group

Bbal789

Quote from: Runnin With The Pack on January 06, 2018, 05:59:47 pm

Those losses are to some very good teams

Head Lion

Westside comes to Manila Tuesday 1/9, it should be a dandy.

Bbal789

Quote from: Head Lion on January 06, 2018, 10:48:16 pm

Did you get to see the game? @Head Lion

Runnin With The Pack

Quote from: Head Lion on January 06, 2018, 10:48:16 pm

Westside won 64-52

Head Lion

We lead by 8 at 2 different times in the 2nd half and just could not close the deal. Hats off, they are good and smartest basketball IQ team, that I have seen in awhile.

Bbal789

Quote from: Head Lion on January 11, 2018, 05:16:58 pm
We lead by 8 at 2 different times in the 2nd half and just could not close the deal. Hats off, they are good and smartest basketball IQ team, that I have seen in awhile.

Manila is definitely a tough matchup for anyone. This years Jonesboro Westside team has a legitimate chance of taking the state tiltle. Jonesboro Westside is the best scoring team in 4a and their defense is highly underrated.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 11, 2018, 08:00:27 pm
Manila is definitely a tough matchup for anyone. This years Jonesboro Westside team has a legitimate chance of taking the state tiltle. Jonesboro Westside is the best scoring team in 4a and their defense is highly underrated.

+1

Bbal789

Avery Felts is averaging 22.5 points per game and 29 points per game over the last 5 games.
Does anybody know how many points per game Riley and Cullen Felkins are scoring?

Bbal789

Does anyone know if Jonesboro Westside graduated any starters last year?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 14, 2018, 12:37:50 pm
Does anyone know if Jonesboro Westside graduated any starters last year?

Only Sr was T. Rowell according to Max Preps for last season

Bbal789

The Jonesboro Westside vs. Osceola girls game was played but not the boys?

501Arkansas

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 14, 2018, 06:48:36 pm
The Jonesboro Westside vs. Osceola girls game was played but not the boys?
Yes sir, heard it will be rescheduled for the 25th

Livewire

Congrats to the Warriors for the great interview that KAIT Regional News done on them tonight. Coach Whitmire has a good group of young men!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Livewire on January 17, 2018, 08:28:40 pm
Congrats to the Warriors for the great interview that KAIT Regional News done on them tonight. Coach Whitmire has a good group of young men!

I agree , a very talented group!!

Runnin With The Pack

Westside beats Osceola tonight in OT, 84-83.  WHS now 11-4, 8-0 in conf.

Livewire

Great win for the Warriors! Congratulations to the Jr high team for their win tonight, also.
Busy schedule next week: Trumann at WHS on Tuesday; at Osceola on Thursday; at Riverside on Friday

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats to the Warriors , big conference Win!!

Bbal789

Avery Felts had 44 points. Riley Felkins and Cullen Felkins had 13 points each.

Livewire

Westside beat a good Trumann team last night 80-64 at the Warrior Dome!
Avery is playing OUTSTANDING ball! Coach Whitmire must has really worked with the boys after the dismal rebounding preformace against Osceola because they were CRASHING the boards last night. Dylan Schwarz and Cullen Felkins had 11 each and Avery had 10. Dont know how many rebounds Gage Sheffield had but know he had some blocked shots and several that he altered. He was also dropping 3's. Kessler Mack saw lots of playing time last night and handled himself like a seasoned vetern. He also hit some 3 pointers and will only get better as he gets more playing time and you could see the confidence in his game last night. Jordan Rockers had foul trouble but still contributed in a big way. 
They have a huge game ahead of them this Thursday at Osceola. Hopefully Riley will be over the flu and back on court.
Also, congratulations to Westside's Jr. High for the win again last night!
                                            GO WARRIORS

Bbal789

Quote from: Livewire on January 24, 2018, 11:31:07 am
Westside beat a good Trumann team last night 80-64 at the Warrior Dome!
Avery is playing OUTSTANDING ball! Coach Whitmire must has really worked with the boys after the dismal rebounding preformace against Osceola because they were CRASHING the boards last night. Dylan Schwarz and Cullen Felkins had 11 each and Avery had 10. Dont know how many rebounds Gage Sheffield had but know he had some blocked shots and several that he altered. He was also dropping 3's. Kessler Mack saw lots of playing time last night and handled himself like a seasoned vetern. He also hit some 3 pointers and will only get better as he gets more playing time and you could see the confidence in his game last night. Jordan Rockers had foul trouble but still contributed in a big way. 
They have a huge game ahead of them this Thursday at Osceola. Hopefully Riley will be over the flu and back on court.
Also, congratulations to Westside's Jr. High for the win again last night!
                                            GO WARRIORS

Personally I think Jonesboro Westside is the best team in 4a. Their three point shooting is outstanding and their defense is very underrated. Avery Felts is the most underrated player I think in the whole state of Arkansas. People don't give Avery Felts enough credit at all. Averaging 34 points per game in one month is pretty amazing.

501Arkansas

Osceola beats Jonesboro Westside 78-72

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 25, 2018, 08:55:00 pm
Osceola beats Jonesboro Westside 78-72

uh oh.....I'll bet things get real quiet in here now.

501Arkansas

NEA Razorback olfan

Bbal789

Third times a charm. When you play the same team over and over you are more likely to get beat. Congrats to Osceola. Still dumb if there are people out there who think Jonesboro Westside is all of a sudden bad because of this loss. I don't know what real quiet is supposed to mean. I would not want to be playing Jonesboro Westside in the playoffs

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 25, 2018, 10:18:41 pm
Third times a charm. When you play the same team over and over you are more likely to get beat. Congrats to Osceola. Still dumb if there are people out there who think Jonesboro Westside is all of a sudden bad because of this loss. I don't know what real quiet is supposed to mean. I would not want to be playing Jonesboro Westside in the playoffs
how does this affect their hottest team n 4a status?

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on January 25, 2018, 10:27:36 pm
how does this affect their hottest team n 4a status?

Now there not anymore. Simple as that. Don't have to act sarcastic like that all the time. Im not a fan of Jonesboro Westside but I will be honest I would like to see someone else win the championship this year. I also don't hate Baptist I have no reason to. We will just have to wait and see what happens in the tournament. won't be an easy ride for Baptist and Baptist better be ready because they haven't lost in a while and might lose their focus and lose. They did that three years ago against Dardanelle in regionals and then lost to Monticello in the semifinals and everyone said they were the hottest team then. They did a good job the last two years

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 25, 2018, 08:55:00 pm
Dante Adams with 23 points, Makai Caruthers with 19 points and Derrell Brown with 17 points

Bbal789

Jonesboro Westside and Baptist Prep both lost a game this week

Bbal789

Jonesboro Westside beat Riverside 69-36. Avery Felts had 27 points and is now averaging 25 points per game.

Livewire

Westside's loss to Osceola, while painful, it wasn't totally unexpected. Osceola is an excellent team and it is true that it's hard to beat a team 3 times. Factor in the fact that Rielly had been down with the flu, and wasn't nearly 100%, and that's the result. Not trying to make excuses just stating a fact.
Looking forward to playing Brookland at the Warrior Dome tomorrow night .

Bbal789

Jonesboro Westside beat Brookland 82-48. Avery Felts had 29 points 6 thress. Riley Felkins had 27 points 6 threes.

Livewire

I'd like to commend Avery Felts, not for his outstanding game performance (he does that every game), but for how well he handled the situation last night when the Brookland player was intentionally fouling and mouthing at him. IMO the Brookland player was trying to get Avery to react in a negative manner and Avery showed his maturity by staying calm. The really sad part about the Brookland players actions is the fact that coach (I use that designation loosely) Gross condoned it! Had the table been turned and a Westside player showed that kind of disrespect and bad sportsmanship, coach Whitmire would have had him on the bench immediately.

Congratulations to all the Westside players for playing great team ball and having good sportsmanship. Go Warriors!

NEA Razorback olfan

Tip of the cap to Westside on their win over Brookland

TheSpecial

Quote from: Livewire on January 31, 2018, 02:25:54 pm
I'd like to commend Avery Felts, not for his outstanding game performance (he does that every game), but for how well he handled the situation last night when the Brookland player was intentionally fouling and mouthing at him. IMO the Brookland player was trying to get Avery to react in a negative manner and Avery showed his maturity by staying calm. The really sad part about the Brookland players actions is the fact that coach (I use that designation loosely) Gross condoned it! Had the table been turned and a Westside player showed that kind of disrespect and bad sportsmanship, coach Whitmire would have had him on the bench immediately.

Congratulations to all the Westside players for playing great team ball and having good sportsmanship. Go Warriors!
Very mature. I feel as if it was just emotions boiling over. Brookland seems to be a very good team, but seem to match up poorly with the Warriors. They got frustrated, and it spilled over. Avery didn't budge, and #12 ended up with 3 fouls in 2 minutes. It's going to happen in the game of basketball. It's a physical sport and when you're getting beat like that and not used to it, it will show.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas