• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohannon to announce the 19th @ 2p.m

Started by bigbrew25, December 15, 2017, 06:32:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctucker

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 20, 2017, 10:00:56 pm
Didn't the coach offer him as soon as possible?
yes they are talking about old coach I think

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on December 20, 2017, 10:04:37 pm
yes they are talking about old coach I think

That's my point, REGARDLESS of what the previous coach did, even had he offered him, it wouldn't matter. What matters is the current coach offered him as soon as he could.

RATTLER43

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 20, 2017, 12:31:03 pm
Thanks for the support, Rattler...

Are you from Murfreesboro, if so, is that young man #41 that played last year in the playoffs, playing collge football? He was a tough load that Earle played last year.....
Actually a Magazine Rattler.  But I started my coaching career at Crawfordsville in the late 80s. Just a supporter of great Arkansas athletes and kids in general.   

Bigboyodell

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 20, 2017, 11:07:10 pm
That's my point, REGARDLESS of what the previous coach did, even had he offered him, it wouldn't matter. What matters is the current coach offered him as soon as he could.
Why should he play for a state major of the people talk bout him and his school and when he was in camps there they didn't offer him. Arkansas didn't offer him until they find out Ala. offer him I know coach Morris didn't have anything to do with it but damages was done specially when a  coach that's 10 minutes hold info and send it another school to ruin his high school career when he could just call. He is a big razorback fan it leaves nasty taste people mouth

Missco

I have never understood why hog fans think they deserve every in state player they offer. Kids have the right to choose wherever. They are kids, how sad.

Wonderdog

I hate to hear that people have made nasty comments about GB's choice of Baylor. That shouldn't be happening.

I like some of the others hoped he would have picked the hogs. I was excited at the thought of having a home grown dual threat QB on the hill. Something we have not had since Matt Jones. This however, is about what he thinks is best for himself and his future. Teenagers are well known for making bad decisions though. Hopefully this is not the case for GB. I hope he does well at Baylor.

Say what you want about him not wanting competition for the QB spot at Fayetteville. It kind of looks that way from the outside, but that is not our business. It is his. Good luck at Baylor GB.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigboyodell on December 20, 2017, 11:26:24 pm
Why should he play for a state major of the people talk bout him and his school and when he was in camps there they didn't offer him. Arkansas didn't offer him until they find out Ala. offer him I know coach Morris didn't have anything to do with it but damages was done specially when a  coach that's 10 minutes hold info and send it another school to ruin his high school career when he could just call. He is a big razorback fan it leaves nasty taste people mouth

We can only hope he continues his education, so he can form proper sentences and spell. Something you missed out on. Matter of fact, I'm not sure what you even said.

NEark tigers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 21, 2017, 12:54:26 am
We can only hope he continues his education, so he can form proper sentences and spell. Something you missed out on. Matter of fact, I'm not sure what you even said.
Seems to me that someone else need to use grammatical check as well after reading that post....POT MEET KETTLE!....

AR Ball Junkie

Congrats to Bohanon.....wish him much success at Baylor.  While it would have been great to have him as a Hog, the young man has to do what is best for him.  Under BB, the Hogs missed out on several in-state guys....check rosters at Ohio St, Ok St, Auburn, Cal.....just to name a few. 

bdubyab60

BB was late to the party on several players. His wait and see approach didn't help. But IMO GB wasn't coming here even if BB offered him at the first camp he went to here. Because it wasn't a QB offer, initially. A lot of the other schools made the same off.

As far as why Arkansas fans think we should get every in State recruit. Well I think that's just about every major university's fan base. We aren't the only ones that have fans hate on kids for going elsewhere. I think this is a minority of fans as well not the entire fan base.

At the end of the day I'm a Hog fan. I want us to land every SEC caliber kid in the state. Bohannon would have been a nice addition but he isn't going to make or break Arkansas football. Plus we have to shake this stigma of especially the last 3 years of just bad football at this program if we want to get instate kids and high profile kids from out of state. If we land Grant Gunnell next year would be a huge get.

I saw someone mention Monk earlier. I told all you guys it was Kentucky from the beginning, 9th grade on. If anyone thought different you were blinded by your Hog glasses. I even had hope for a minute but reality always came back

N2DEEP

IMO, he went to Baylor as it will be an easier road to being a starter or more playing time quickly.

urban legend2

I see so many speculating as to why Bohanon went with Baylor, but does it really matter? They were on him from the jump and made him a priority. He made his decision based on what he feels is best for him. Saying that he's scared of competition is an insult to the kid and insinuates he's wants things the easy way. Wherever he went, there's competition and I can almost assure you that he knows that. I'm pretty sure he knows he would have had to earn the job wherever he went as well. Is the QB competition really better at Arkansas than it is Baylor? With the offense that Morris is set to run, it's tailor made for style of play, but so is Baylor's. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he does big things. But it is so pathetic to read comments from people who are negative and wish bad things on the kid because he didn't choose to go to UA. We can all be bummed out for a minute because we missed out on another talented player, but that's where it should end.

Pit Bull

Congrats Bohannon on your choice, great school, great fans! Now just put all those negative comments and Arkansas in your rearview, work hard and go learn that playbook bright young man! Go Bears!

AirWarren

See ya, hate you didn't stay in state and best of luck.

Now please, get your crap and get on to texas. Don't come back.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 21, 2017, 02:03:21 am
Seems to me that someone else needS to use THE grammatical check as well(COMMA) after reading that post....POT MEET KETTLE!....

Would you just shut your ignorance dripping mouth?

AS YOU WILL NOTICE WITH THE LETTERS CAPITALIZED IN YOUR POST, I CORRECTED YOUR NONSENSE.

All-State

In my opinion I would not have went there either, really who would go to a team with possibly 5 other qbs just to prove some fans wrong? How many other dual threat qbs have made an impact on Arkansas football in the recent years? They sit on the bench or get used in the wildcat formation. He made the right choice for him, and his family ...not Arkansas fans that love him if he pick the hogs, and talk down on him when he doesn't .

couch-coach06

Well if you Wana talk business decision the smartest thing money wise would have been go too one of the blue bloods as a line backer .. a whole lot more NFL linebackers than NFL QB

Ctucker

Quote from: All-State on December 21, 2017, 12:51:14 pm
In my opinion I would not have went there either, really who would go to a team with possibly 5 other qbs just to prove some fans wrong? How many other dual threat qbs have made an impact on Arkansas football in the recent years? They sit on the bench or get used in the wildcat formation. He made the right choice for him, and his family ...not Arkansas fans that love him if he pick the hogs, and talk down on him when he doesn't .I don't care we're he went but what your saying is wrong this is will be the first time we have run this kind of offense!This offense uses a dual threat QB pro style doesn't!

bdubyab60

Supposedly the offense we are about to run can use either type QB. Just more efficient with a mobile QB. We have 4 mobile QB's now. Kelly is no speedster but he can get yards running the ball.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I bet Morris will run an offense according to fit the players, until he can get enough of his style on campus.

tacklethis...

The young man can choose where he likes but was Memphis not interested with him. Seems like a better fit than Baylor or Arkansas. Very close to home for him.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 21, 2017, 02:56:57 pm
The young man can choose where he likes but was Memphis not interested with him. Seems like a better fit than Baylor or Arkansas. Very close to home for him.

They were, weren't they?

Ctucker

NEark tigers

December 21, 2017, 05:34:37 pm #173 Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:38:51 pm by NEark tigers
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 21, 2017, 12:03:30 pm
Would you just shut your ignorance dripping mouth?

AS YOU WILL NOTICE WITH THE LETTERS CAPITALIZED IN YOUR POST, I CORRECTED YOUR NONSENSE.
Seems to me that you are a bitter, old man.....SMH..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 21, 2017, 05:34:37 pm
Seems to me that you are a bitter, old man.....SMH..

Seems to me, that you would like to be a smartarss, but you are missing the smarts.

OB11

Baylor made him a priority from the beginning, Arkansas did not. That has nothing to do with the new coach, but I'm sure it made a difference to the kid when it came down to making a decision. He also made it known from the beginning that he wanted to be a QB, can't fault him narrowing it down to schools where he would definitely get that opportunity and get it early on. If he wasn't from Arkansas I doubt a Hog hat would have even been on the table IMO. And for those of you saying he will never get a job in this state...or to leave and never come back...really? He's 17/18 years old. I'd hate to hear what you say to adults that make decisions you don't like. I'm sure he would have no problem finding a job in the northeast corner of the state where he is actually from.

NEark tigers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 21, 2017, 05:53:48 pm
Seems to me, that you would like to be a smartarss, but you are missing the smarts.
FYI, I am a smartarss. Obtaining a masters from UAPB goes a long way, jackarss. You need to find yourself something constructive to do, other than bashing Earle because of your disdain for the Bulldog Nation...I guess I'll be the bigger man and move on from negative individuals like you.......

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 21, 2017, 08:18:35 pm
FYI, I am a smartarss. Obtaining a masters from UAPB goes a long way, jackarss. You need to find yourself something constructive to do, other than bashing Earle because of your disdain for the Bulldog Nation...I guess I'll be the bigger man and move on from negative individuals like you.......

Show me where I have bashed Earle?  You may have book smarts, but you are lacking in the common sense department..

Hoghead2

It was a no win situation for Bohannon at Arkansas. First Arkansas didn't really want him. Connor Noland was coming and that is the Qb they wanted. If Bohannon had come to the Hogs and beat out any of the Qb's we'd have a Qb controversy  worse than you'd want . He did the right thing and went where he was wanted. He wasn't going to come to Arkansas and be like Peavey did. Wait for whole family to play Qb and win nothing in the SEC. Ty Storey, Cole Kelly and Connor Noland will get the job done.  Good luck to Gerry Bohannon at Baylor. Go Hogs !!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hoghead2 on December 21, 2017, 10:56:07 pm
It was a no win situation for Bohannon at Arkansas. First Arkansas didn't really want him. Connor Noland was coming and that is the Qb they wanted. If Bohannon had come to the Hogs and beat out any of the Qb's we'd have a Qb controversy  worse than you'd want . He did the right thing and went where he was wanted. He wasn't going to come to Arkansas and be like Peavey did. Wait for whole family to play Qb and win nothing in the SEC. Ty Storey, Cole Kelly and Connor Noland will get the job done.  Good luck to Gerry Bohannon at Baylor. Go Hogs !!!

What about the possibility of Ty Storey transferring  to Oaklahoma state, to play with the kid who just committed there from Charleston.

RZback

We have a DC yet?  We don't get some decent defense all those wonder boy QB's aren't going to mean a thing.

Trojanbird

Quote from: AirWarren on December 21, 2017, 10:50:58 am
See ya, hate you didn't stay in state and best of luck.

Now please, get your crap and get on to texas. Don't come back.
Did you say the same to the Warren players that went to, I think, Tennessee a few years ago?

NEark tigers

December 22, 2017, 08:58:11 am #182 Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 09:02:04 am by NEark tigers
Quote from: Trojanbird on December 22, 2017, 08:41:37 am
Did you say the same to the Warren players that went to, I think, Tennessee a few years ago?
His name is Bret Smith, a WR #9 from 04-07

NEark tigers

His name is Bret Jones, a WR #9
Quote from: NEark tigers on December 22, 2017, 08:58:11 am
His name is Bret Smith, WR #9

urban legend2

Fellows and Kemp went to Tennessee as well.

Jimbo Morphis

Let it go guys, we can bring this back up when he transfers back to Arkansas Baptist.

All-State

Some of y'all need to have a son, and dress him up on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Halloween in razorback gear..raise him up as a qb or football player in general and pray he get a offer from the Hogs. Then take his freedom away and force to go to Fayetteville, because y'all can't control kids that are not yours . Also I see people saying don't come back to Arkansas..you probably can't even control your wife, so how can you stop a person from getting a job or living here.

Champ74

Of course that coward didn't because he's a Chump.

Champ74

Quote from: Oldman on December 22, 2017, 11:23:52 am
Let it go guys, we can bring this back up when he transfers back to Arkansas Baptist.

Or transfer back here to a equal level team of Baptist, the Hogs..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Champ74 on December 22, 2017, 12:23:32 pm
Of course that coward didn't because he's a Chump.
Have you ever met Airwarren? Do you know he is a former Championship MMA fighter ? Would love to introduce you so you can explain to him what a coward he is.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on December 22, 2017, 01:04:47 pm
Have you ever met Airwarren? Do you know he is a former Championship MMA fighter ? Would love to introduce you so you can explain to him what a coward he is.

Wow......

urban legend2

The level of negativity just because a kid makes a college decision is ridiculous man. So pathetic.

AirWarren

Quote from: urban legend2 on December 22, 2017, 03:45:52 pm
The level of negativity just because a kid makes a college decision is ridiculous man. So pathetic.

Yup. FF is going to be much more negative than Texas D1 college football fans when he throws his first couple of picks......

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on December 22, 2017, 04:05:50 pm
Yup. FF is going to be much more negative than Texas D1 college football fans when he throws his first couple of picks......

Nah, it's Baylor  you get a couple of BIG MISTAKES before you get in trouble.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on December 22, 2017, 04:16:52 pm
Nah, it's Baylor  you get a couple of BIG MISTAKES before you get in trouble.

You swung for the fence on that one. Landed in the bay.

Idoknow

Quote from: AirWarren on December 22, 2017, 04:05:50 pm
You know a lot about throwing..... Oh I forgot, you quit FB after 9th grade.  I guess you wanted to get a jump start on nursing?
The way you talk about counties,schools and kids in Ar. other than Warren, maybe you should be the one moving!

AirWarren

Quote from: Idoknow on December 22, 2017, 04:25:15 pm
You know a lot about throwing..... Oh I forgot, you quit FB after 9th grade.  I guess you wanted to get a jump start on nursing?
The way you talk about counties,schools and kids in Ar. other than Warren, maybe you should be the one moving!

Ha!

Take it easy man! It's the Christmas season!

cuz

AirWarren

Quote from: cuz on December 22, 2017, 08:38:24 pm
Ho Ho Ho....😉🎄🥗

Tough out here these days.

Need to spruce up the egg nog. Folks getting sensitive and personal.

Jimbo Morphis

Time to put this puppy to bed. You guys have a great Christmas.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas