• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne at LRCA

Started by PA Dad, November 04, 2017, 10:16:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorDad

In each of their losses:

Wynne scored 21 on the number 3 team in 5A.

LRCA scored 56 on the number 1 team in 5A.

LRCA is clearly better.

RyanLR

People say you can't compare scores, but there's really nothing else to go by except matchups. We have to have something to talk about, or else why have the thread?

Pwil11

November 07, 2017, 11:26:01 am #102 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:28:11 am by Pwil11
Quote from: RyanLR on November 07, 2017, 11:21:31 am
People say you can't compare scores, but there's really nothing else to go by except matchups. We have to have something to talk about, or else why have the thread?
The ONLY GAME you can compare the two teams too is the Beebe game.. Pretty much the same score.  In points spread.

RyanLR

Quote from: Pwil11 on November 07, 2017, 11:26:01 am
The ONLY GAME you can compare the two teams too is the Beebe game.. Pretty much the same score.  In points spread.
Obviously Wynne needs to slow the game down and limit possessions of that LRC offense. The only way Wynne wins this is if Bowersock throws multiple INT's, because LRC outclasses them athletically at almost every position.

MDXPHD

Quote from: RyanLR on November 07, 2017, 11:29:33 am
Obviously Wynne needs to slow the game down and limit possessions of that LRC offense. The only way Wynne wins this is if Bowersock throws multiple INT's, because LRC outclasses them athletically at almost every position.

Hahahaha

FridayNightFans

You can talk about this is this year, this year is different, etc.

The fact is these sophomores from two years ago have gotten drilled, taken to the woodshed, the last two years by the 5A Central.  LRCA two years ago and PA last year in the finals.  You don't think any of that, even a little bit of that, isn't creeping into their mindset as they prepare for Friday night?

JacketFan

Quote from: RyanLR on November 07, 2017, 11:29:33 am
;D Apparently you haven't seen many Wynne games this year, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt, lol, I don't think Wynne has any athletes this year  ;D ;D

JessieP

Quote from: FridayNightFans on November 07, 2017, 12:17:31 pm
You can talk about this is this year, this year is different, etc.

The fact is these sophomores from two years ago have gotten drilled, taken to the woodshed, the last two years by the 5A Central.  LRCA two years ago and PA last year in the finals.  You don't think any of that, even a little bit of that, isn't creeping into their mindset as they prepare for Friday night?

LRCA fans have got to stop invoking the name PA. Your in their conference, that's all. There is no greatness by association, none. LRCA is not PA, not even close. Do you think Clemson or Notre Dame say's "Oh crap, we have to play Arkansas, you know their in the same Conference as Alabama"? No one fears LRCA, least of all Wynne.

STBruin

Wynne has struggled against the pass...LRCA has a potent passing attack. LRCA has never had a strong physical team, which Wynne can exploit. I think this is a really interesting game, that feels like a semi-final game instead of the 1st round of the playoffs.  Wynne will try and limit LRCA's possessions, which is what they have been doing all year, grinding out the clock and eating chunks of time. BUT if LRCA can get up...maybe get a stop or 2...Wynne's strength will then work against them. Will be a very interesting game.

Pwil11

Quote from: STBruin on November 07, 2017, 12:57:07 pm
Wynne has struggled against the pass...LRCA has a potent passing attack. LRCA has never had a strong physical team, which Wynne can exploit. I think this is a really interesting game, that feels like a semi-final game instead of the 1st round of the playoffs.  Wynne will try and limit LRCA's possessions, which is what they have been doing all year, grinding out the clock and eating chunks of time. BUT if LRCA can get up...maybe get a stop or 2...Wynne's strength will then work against them. Will be a very interesting game.
In which game has Wynne struggled against the pass?  I've been to every game and I dont recall when we have struggled.  Remember this is 2017.  Not 2016 or 15 or 14.

chaingang

STBruin

Quote from: Pwil11 on November 07, 2017, 01:05:41 pm
In which game has Wynne struggled against the pass?  I've been to every game and I dont recall when we have struggled.  Remember this is 2017.  Not 2016 or 15 or 14.

It is 2017, but State Championship game, Wynne couldn't cover the PA receivers. Again in team camp this summer, they couldn't cover WRs. And from what I heard, and I could be wrong, but Batesville beat them by spreading them out and throwing the ball. Now I know you play in a conference with a lot of power running teams, but teams that could spread them out and throw the ball gave Wynne problems.

FootballJunky

November 07, 2017, 02:21:37 pm #112 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:49:55 pm by FootballJunky
I have watched a lot of High School football over the years.  I have not seen a team that has 5 guys you can go to like LRCA has.  I saw some camp results where Sophomore(#18) and one of the Junior(#21) both run 4.5, and they are not the fastest weapons. So you throw in (#5) and (#3), which both are faster, who do you cover.  The OC at LRCA does a great job!  I'm not saying Wynne can't defend the pass, but this will be the test.  If they don't get pressure "Katy bar the door!"  If you bring numbers you better tackle because pressing will be suicide. (#2) will find the mismatch! Then if you sale out to the pass, (#4) will run rampant!

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: STBruin on November 07, 2017, 02:15:27 pm
It is 2017, but State Championship game, Wynne couldn't cover the PA receivers. Again in team camp this summer, they couldn't cover WRs. And from what I heard, and I could be wrong, but Batesville beat them by spreading them out and throwing the ball. Now I know you play in a conference with a lot of power running teams, but teams that could spread them out and throw the ball gave Wynne problems.
Nettleton spread us out pretty good and had a ton of success!

Pwil11

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 07, 2017, 02:21:37 pm
I have watched a lot of High School football over the years.  I have not seen a team that has 5 guys you can go to like LRCA has.  I saw some camp results where Sophomore(#18) and one of the Junior(#21) both run 4.5, and they are not the fastest weapons. So you throw in (#5) and (#3), which both are faster, who do you cover.  The OC at LRCA does a great job!  I'm not saying Wynne can't defend the pass, but this will be the test.  If they don't get pressure "Katy bar the door!"  If you bring numbers you better tackle because pressing will be suicide. (#2) will find the mismatch! Then if you sale out to the pass, (#4) will run rampant!

So what you are saying is that Wynne should just stop at Chuck E. Cheese's?  They may could win a game there? 

Overdahill

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 07, 2017, 02:45:48 pm
Nettleton spread us out pretty good and had a ton of success!

If I remember correctly, it seemed to me on the live stream that Nettleton missed some open shots over the top but granted I was probably not as tuned in as someone who was there live

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: Overdahill on November 07, 2017, 03:03:23 pm
If I remember correctly, it seemed to me on the live stream that Nettleton missed some open shots over the top but granted I was probably not as tuned in as someone who was there live
Yes....there were a couple of times that they had open shots, but the qb had three guys in his face almost every time the ball hit his hands, he pretty much was running for his life and trying to throw the ball at the same time, that's pretty difficult.

FootballJunky

Quote from: Pwil11 on November 07, 2017, 02:58:31 pm
So what you are saying is that Wynne should just stop at Chuck E. Cheese's?  They may could win a game there?

No not at all.  I'm saying not all spread teams are the same.  I'm saying it will be a different test.  I think the skill players are different.  Wynne may very well be able to stop LRCA.  I don't think because they were able to stop Nettleton simply means they can stop all spread teams.  LRCA was able to win games against very good running teams.  That doesn't mean that they will stop them all.  It's truly about matchups.

MDXPHD

Overdahill

MDXPHD

Thank you! These lrca posters have gotten more excited about staying within 30 of PA than I could have imagined. They're just like the old Marion kids to me lol

JessieP

Wynne is a physical punishing team with the best RB in the State, Their defense is top notch, very hard to run against. I am picking Wynne to win the game but make no mistake, their DB's are iffy. If they can get LRCA on the run, having to roll outside the pocket, they have an edge. If LRCA is able to give the QB time, he'll pick them apart. In a shoot-out LRCA loses, if Wynne can keep them under 21 they got it.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 07, 2017, 05:14:02 pm
Thank you! These lrca posters have gotten more excited about staying within 30 of PA than I could have imagined. They're just like the old Marion kids to me lol

Its gonna be a fun week and get funner from there  ;D

TNT_15

Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 12:49:11 pm
LRCA fans have got to stop invoking the name PA. Your in their conference, that's all. There is no greatness by association, none. LRCA is not PA, not even close. Do you think Clemson or Notre Dame say's "Oh crap, we have to play Arkansas, you know their in the same Conference as Alabama"? No one fears LRCA, least of all Wynne.
Not gonna lie I chucked at the analogy... lol nobody is afraid of lrc d for sure

TNT_15

Wait? Did you not here? lrc only lost to pa by 30 something they are without a doubt the no2 team in the whole state. They can clearly compete with any 7a team

Overdahill

November 07, 2017, 06:37:54 pm #125 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:40:09 pm by Overdahill

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 12:49:11 pm

IDK, I have it from a usually reliable source that "LRCA gonna punish!"  :D

Go Postal

Wynne can not let the Warriors get up on too many points because they are good and very hard to play catchup on.  I went back and looked at Week 3 when we played them.

LRCA scored within a few seconds of the game.
They were up 14-0 before Harrison started getting down to business

Harrison Goblins  21
LRCA Warriors  28

Half

Unofficial stats:

LRCA two QBs went 12 for 14 passes with 180 yds.  They had 96 yds rushing.  Total offense:  270 yds.
Harrison QB went 6 for 10 passes with 83 yds.  They had 156 yds rushing.  Total offense:  239 yds.

Jump to

4th Qtr starts
LRCA turnover on downs
Gobs turnover on downs
LRCA fumble on 5 yard line
Gobs turnover on downs
LRCA holding penalty
Gobs call 1st timeout
LRCA punts and loses yds on 4th because ball is snapped over head
Gobs motion penalty
Gobs run 45 yds to setup TD
55 sec left.  Ditmanson 1 yd TD run.  PAT no good.
Harrison Goblins  41
LRCA Warriors  48
LRCA recover onside kick
Gobs call timeout 48 seconds left
LRCA victory formation
Gobs call final timeout at 34 seconds
LRCA delay of game penalty
LRCA takes victory formation
Final.

Unofficial stats:
LRCA two QBs went 20 for 27 with 279 yds in passing.  They had 233 yds rushing for a total of offense of 512 yds.

Harrison QB went 18 for 24 with 255 yds in passing.  They had 284 yds rushing for a total of offense of 539 yds.

Like I said earlier, this was in Week 3 and I imagine they have gotten only better.  The Yellow Jackets do not want to let them score first because it's not easy going uphill against this team.  Good luck to both teams.

JessieP

November 07, 2017, 07:06:24 pm #128 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:22:43 pm by JessieP
Quote from: FootballJunky on November 07, 2017, 02:21:37 pm

Man you blew it. You forgot to get this information to PA. Had they known LRCA had 5 unstoppable players. I bet LRCA is kicking themselves, had they slipped this under Kelley's door he would have been crying in a fetal position on the floor. Oh well, you'll 'em next year. 

FootballJunky

November 07, 2017, 07:54:17 pm #129 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:00:11 pm by FootballJunky
Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 07:06:24 pm
Man you blew it. You forgot to get this entertainer information to PA. Had they known LRCA had 5 unstoppable players. I bet LRCA is kicking themselves, had they slipped this under Kelley's door he would have been crying in a fetal position on the floor. Oh well, you'll 'em next year.

That is when I saw them. They did score 56 against PA.  So the PA game supports what I'm saying.  I'm talking strickly from the offensive prospective.  Thank you for pointing that out.  I said nothing about LRCA Defense against the Pass. 

JessieP

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 07, 2017, 07:54:17 pm
That is when I saw them. They did score 56 against PA.  So the PA game supports what I'm saying.  I'm talking strickly from the offensive prospective.  Thank you for pointing that out.  I said nothing about LRCA Defense against the Pass.

Hanging 56 in a losing effort is nothing to brag about. The next line would be "we gave up 86". It all goes back to my main point that finishing runner up to a powerhouse does not make you a lesser powerhouse.

incogneto

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 06:47:32 pm
Wynne can not let the Warriors get up on too many points because they are good and very hard to play catchup on.  I went back and looked at Week 3 when we played them.

LRCA scored within a few seconds of the game.
They were up 14-0 before Harrison started getting down to business

Harrison Goblins  21
LRCA Warriors  28

Half

Unofficial stats:

LRCA two QBs went 12 for 14 passes with 180 yds.  They had 96 yds rushing.  Total offense:  270 yds.
Harrison QB went 6 for 10 passes with 83 yds.  They had 156 yds rushing.  Total offense:  239 yds.

Jump to

4th Qtr starts
LRCA turnover on downs
Gobs turnover on downs
LRCA fumble on 5 yard line
Gobs turnover on downs
LRCA holding penalty
Gobs call 1st timeout
LRCA punts and loses yds on 4th because ball is snapped over head
Gobs motion penalty
Gobs run 45 yds to setup TD
55 sec left.  Ditmanson 1 yd TD run.  PAT no good.
Harrison Goblins  41
LRCA Warriors  48
LRCA recover onside kick
Gobs call timeout 48 seconds left
LRCA victory formation
Gobs call final timeout at 34 seconds
LRCA delay of game penalty
LRCA takes victory formation
Final.

Unofficial stats:
LRCA two QBs went 20 for 27 with 279 yds in passing.  They had 233 yds rushing for a total of offense of 512 yds.

Harrison QB went 18 for 24 with 255 yds in passing.  They had 284 yds rushing for a total of offense of 539 yds.

Like I said earlier, this was in Week 3 and I imagine they have gotten only better.  The Yellow Jackets do not want to let them score first because it's not easy going uphill against this team.  Good luck to both teams.

Harrison will make some noise in the playoffs.  Good luck. 

FootballJunky

Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 08:24:46 pm
Hanging 56 in a losing effort is nothing to brag about. The next line would be "we gave up 86". It all goes back to my main point that finishing runner up to a powerhouse does not make you a lesser powerhouse.

LOL.. That's so funny.  I never called anyone a powerhouse.  The conversation was simply about the ability of Wynne to stop passing teams.  You brought PA into the thread.  One more time...I'm talking offense... If you start a thread about the other side of the ball.  I have no opinion. 

Yellowcake

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 05, 2017, 11:10:30 pm
I believe yellowcake is confused.  I have never seen #3 (wr) showboat and mouth, and I am not saying he hasn't.  But #4 (rb) is a little different matter.  And I don't care for it much. 

It is tons better than it was under Weaver.  They were pretty mouthy at times under Weaver.

Man, if I mixed up #3 and #4, that's on me. My bad. All I know is what I observed firsthand, and it was unbridled showboating. If it was #4 I apologize. There's a cluster of them (3, 4, 5 and 18) that are all hard to stop. 3 of them act right, 1 doesn't. It isn't disparaging his character to say that. It is an observation of on field antics. if it was a PA Kid who acted like that, I'd make the exact same comment.

The hardest I ever saw Kelley get on a player was in the playoffs last year when Hayden Henry broke up a big pass play and celebrated hard. From my observation, he was doing it toward the crowd seeking to get them in the game. But kelley didn't see it that way and went bonkers on him for doing something that could be interpreted as showboating. It was uncomfortable, but it's an issue about which his tolerance threshold is near zero. Or just outright zero.

So, sorry if I got the number wrong, and sorry if anyone interpreted my comment as attacking a kid's character. That wasn't the intent. The intent was to express my feelings about  showboating. I don't see any place for it in football, and especially not high school. And I think all coaches should have a zero tolerance policy.

Outside of that, I thought the rest of the LRCA kids played with class and grit.

I wish your game was on tv so I could record and watch it later. I think it's going to be outstanding. Good luck to both teams.

Rocket23

No problem Yellowcake.  I feel the same you do and thought the same at the game.  I believe Warrior Vision will have it so you can watch online afterwards. 

Yellowcake

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 07, 2017, 11:00:29 am
Wynne beat Beebe by 21. LRCA beat them by 20. Wynne is clearly better.

No doubt. It's not even an opinion. It's flat out analytics based science.

Rick Swines

Quote from: STBruin on November 07, 2017, 02:15:27 pm

Wynne has a completely new defensive staff I believe so last year and this summer are irrelevant.

The Future

Warriors 49
Yellow Jacketts 42

Going with the home team

walkingguy72396

week 1 two's against threes are the best games. 

Wynne just might be the best 3 seed in 5A.

Going against probably the best 2 seed in 5A.

They should double the price of admission.  Get the game on pay per view.

Overdahill

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 08, 2017, 10:03:48 am

Wynne just might be the best 3 seed in 5A.  YEP

Going against probably the best 2 seed in 5A. YEP

They should double the price of admission.  Get the game on pay per view. NOPE  ;D free Warrior vision will do just fine

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 08, 2017, 10:03:48 am

Wynne just might be the best 3 seed in 5A.

Going against probably the best 2 seed in 5A.

They should double the price of admission.  Get the game on pay per view.

Didn't one of the 2 seeds already beat Wynne this year? So I guess if this one is the best one, Wynne is in trouble!

Warrior vision needs to stay free for people like me, I agree.

walkingguy72396

Yes Wynne lost to Batesville. 

Wynne shut-out the team that Beat Batesville. 

LRCA only loss is to undefeated PA.

Explain how that makes Batesville a better 2 seed ranking than LRCA.
Also which team should be thought of as a better 3 seed than Wynne' with a record of 9-1.

2 seeds should be favored over 3 seeds.

Does not mean the 3 seed lies down and takes it.

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 08, 2017, 10:54:45 am
Yes Wynne lost to Batesville. 

Wynne shut-out the team that Beat Batesville. 

LRCA only loss is to undefeated PA.

Explain how that makes Batesville a better 2 seed ranking than LRCA.
Also which team should be thought of as a better 3 seed than Wynne' with a record of 9-1.

2 seeds should be favored over 3 seeds.

Does not mean the 3 seed lies down and takes it.

Batesville beat Wynne, who beat Beebe by 21. LRCA beat Beebe by 20. Clearly, Batesville is better.

I think McClellan might be a better three seed than Wynne. That's just because I think the East isn't as good as the Central this season. I hope I'm proven wrong on Friday though, because I would much rather the East show out in the playoffs than the Central.

Red Devil Alum

I'm hoping they play this game Friday so this debate about which team is better can be resolved.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 08, 2017, 11:27:29 am
I'm hoping they play this game Friday so this debate about which team is better can be resolved.

Surely you have heard. LRCA almost beat PA. They win this game.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 08, 2017, 11:35:41 am
Surely you have heard. LRCA almost beat PA. They win this game.
Let's not make this about PA.  8)

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 08, 2017, 01:29:20 pm
Let's not make this about PA.  8)

I think this thread took a turn about page one.

JacketFan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 08, 2017, 11:27:29 am
They might as well not play, Hootens is picking LRCA to win by 3 points, and we all know how good they are at picking the outcome of the games.   ;D ;D ;D

South 45

LRCA by 10...but it will come at a price. Even with a win you don't walk away from a Wynne playoff game unscathed. Hopefully will slow them down a little the next week. Actually am going to root for Wynne for no other reason than I refuse to pull for any private school. Hope to meet up with one of them in the 2nd go.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas