• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Playoff Seedings

Started by Pr8hd, October 30, 2017, 09:10:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pr8hd

October 30, 2017, 09:10:30 am Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:25:52 am by Pr8hd
Someone help me out here , but I think this is how the seedings may turn out. The 1-2's on both are locked in looks like. It's the rest that may have some sorting to do...

W1 GW           E1 PB
W2 ED            E2 WM
W3 Benton      E3 Searcy
W4  Russ        E4 Jonesboro
W5 AHS          E5 Marion
W6 LH            E6  Jax

I think the West 3-6 is more locked in than the East possibly (not sure) due to some of the head to heads.

I was just trying to get an idea of the potential playoff bracket layout.

TheGoalkeeper13

Benton should be the 3 seed. They have wins over Russellville and AHS. Plus I don't see them losing to Sheridan either  ;).

Wildcat Football

Looks about right, but if Benton beats Sheridan then they should be #3 not #4, since they beat Russ & AHS head to head.

Pr8hd

October 30, 2017, 09:25:20 am #3 Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:29:39 am by Pr8hd
Yep, you are right I missed that one when I glanced over it.  I fixed it up above...thanks for heads up. I def wasn't figuring on them losing to Sheridan. I assumed Russ and Benton both win week 10...

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

If you change the Russ and Benton seeds, the brackets look like this:

Round 1:
Russellville vs Marion           Winner plays Pine Bluff
Searcy vs Lake Hamilton      Winner plays ElDorado
Jonesoboro vs Texarkana     Winner plays Greenwood
Benton vs Jacksonville         Winner plays West Memphis

maxswine

From my understanding the winner of the Marion-Jonesboro game Thursday night gets the 4 seed and the loser gets the 5 seed. 

Pr8hd

Quote from: maxswine on October 30, 2017, 09:28:59 pm
From my understanding the winner of the Marion-Jonesboro game Thursday night gets the 4 seed and the loser gets the 5 seed. 

Yeah, I was thinking JB might have the edge in that one hence my projected standings.

maxswine

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 30, 2017, 10:07:13 pm
Yeah, I was thinking JB might have the edge in that one hence my projected standings.

gotcha.  Just wondering if it was set in stone.  I agree with you.  I think Jonesboro even with being beaten up a little, will win it.

zebrafan

Quote from: maxswine on October 30, 2017, 10:21:54 pm
gotcha.  Just wondering if it was set in stone.  I agree with you.  I think Jonesboro even with being beaten up a little, will win it.
I think so as well.

jaxalum2008

So no consequences if PB loses somehow Thursday?

FootBallar21

This is setting up nicely for what I want,  which is Arkansas High coming to GW in round 2 :)

zebrafan

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on October 31, 2017, 10:31:08 am
Would share with WM I think....unless they lose to MH...which they did last year.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on October 31, 2017, 10:31:08 am

Wouldn't be a shock.  Pine Bluff has not really played anyone of significance all year.  Pretty overrated.

ricepig

Quote from: zebrafan on October 31, 2017, 02:31:59 pm
Would share with WM I think....unless they lose to MH...which they did last year.

Correct, but you would own the tiebreaker, thus the #1 seed.

zebrafan

Quote from: ricepig on October 31, 2017, 03:41:17 pm
Correct, but you would own the tiebreaker, thus the #1 seed.
Thanks Ricepig.

AHS06

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 31, 2017, 12:56:53 pm
This is setting up nicely for what I want,  which is Arkansas High coming to GW in round 2 :)
:o :o :o

jeffslilbro

Not sure that is a wise use of a wish.

Pr8hd

Quote from: jeffslilbro on November 02, 2017, 06:23:30 pm
Not sure that is a wise use of a wish.

AHS at GW may not play out as well as GW at AHS did earlier in the year, but you never know.

It's always tougher to play a team a second time usually.

maxswine

Quote from: maxswine on October 30, 2017, 10:21:54 pm
  I think Jonesboro even with being beaten up a little, will win it.

Missed this one big time.

zebrafan

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 30, 2017, 09:26:58 am
If you change the Russ and Benton seeds, the brackets look like this:

Round 1:
Russellville vs Marion           Winner plays Pine Bluff
Searcy vs Lake Hamilton      Winner plays ElDorado
Jonesoboro vs Texarkana     Winner plays Greenwood
Benton vs Jacksonville         Winner plays West Memphis
Hey slappy!

Pr8hd

Quote from: maxswine on November 02, 2017, 10:20:48 pm
Missed this one big time.

Not the only one...me as well. Not sure what has happened to JB this year. They just never have gotten on track.

OB11

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 03, 2017, 08:12:44 am
Not the only one...me as well. Not sure what has happened to JB this year. They just never have gotten on track.

Injuries played a big part. A little worried about them for next year. Losing a lot of good players.

ricepig

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 03, 2017, 08:12:44 am

Lost both RB's, finally switched a starter from last year back to RB, lost MLB for the season first game, lost QB last night and are playing one coming off a broken leg after 4 weeks, and finally, lost Jonathan Adams from last year, haha. You throw that in with a "out score" them mentality for you defense, and you get a big disappointment.  The problem the past few games outside of Hall, is turning the ball over and being down 21-28 points in the first quarter.

pinebluffzebra09

Quote from: ricepig on November 03, 2017, 11:56:18 am
Lost both RB's, finally switched a starter from last year back to RB, lost MLB for the season first game, lost QB last night and are playing one coming off a broken leg after 4 weeks, and finally, lost Jonathan Adams from last year, haha. You throw that in with a "out score" them mentality for you defense, and you get a big disappointment.  The problem the past few games outside of Hall, is turning the ball over and being down 21-28 points in the first quarter.

which qb was the one that played against PB. wasnt really mobile but he could sling it a bit maybe work on a few other things.

Rayburn

Someone at Pine Bluff is supremely confident. They've already entered Greenwood as their next opponent on Dec. 1 on their maxpreps page.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pine-bluff-zebras-%28pine-bluff,ar%29/football/schedule.htm

Redwolves8526

It was still unreal how much Jb outsized Marion last night...and Marion was still the more physical team. 4 sacks against an O-Line that has 2 guys with SEC offers was shocking to me. You would think they could find an athlete to run effectively behind those guys. Athletically and size wise, Jonesboro just about looks better than anyone in 6A that I have seen.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Rayburn on November 03, 2017, 12:37:23 pm
Someone at Pine Bluff is supremely confident. They've already entered Greenwood as their next opponent on Dec. 1 on their maxpreps page.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pine-bluff-zebras-%28pine-bluff,ar%29/football/schedule.htm

Someone has their head up their...if you look further it seems as though both teams are just skipping the postseason and going straight to the championship game.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 03, 2017, 12:41:14 pm
It was still unreal how much Jb outsized Marion last night...and Marion was still the more physical team. 4 sacks against an O-Line that has 2 guys with SEC offers was shocking to me. You would think they could find an athlete to run effectively behind those guys. Athletically and size wise, Jonesboro just about looks better than anyone in 6A that I have seen.

It is shocking with the SEC size JB has on OL their lack of physicality.

Rayburn

November 03, 2017, 01:08:33 pm #28 Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 01:10:21 pm by Rayburn
Quote from: zebradynasty on November 03, 2017, 01:05:49 pm
Someone has their head up their...if you look further it seems as though both teams are just skipping the postseason and going straight to the championship game.
I guess it is possible that someone Greenwood entered that. When one team enters information that pertains to another, it automatically goes on both teams pages. But it wasn't like that yesterday, and Pine Bluff is the only team to have had anything change since they beat Jacksonville.

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 03, 2017, 12:41:14 pm

Been as big of a surprise to those sitting in the stands, as well. Jonesboro doesn't line up and try to power anyone, so it doesn't matter how big your O-line is. As to the two OT's, neither can bend at the waist sufficiently to stop a speed rush, OT's offers are usually more on potential as they seldom go against other top line guys. They are capable of winning a couple of games in the playoffs, but not if they are turning the ball over frequently.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 03, 2017, 01:07:01 pm
It is shocking with the SEC size JB has on OL their lack of physicality.

Almost every running play is a zone read, or sweep with a pulling guard, very predictable.

Pr8hd

Really thought there'd be a decent chance Jonesboro might make a Round 2 appearance in GW. I figured AHS and JB might've been a toss up with edge in my mind to AHS (mainly because I have seen them play).

I knew JB had a huge line, but if you don't have the horses to outscore the other or an imaginative offense to do so, makes it tough to stick to that. I think GW gets that outscore you tag sometimes, but really most years GW has been successful they have a pretty good defense to go along with an efficient offense.   

ricepig

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 03, 2017, 01:41:59 pm
Really thought there'd be a decent chance Jonesboro might make a Round 2 appearance in GW. I figured AHS and JB might've been a toss up with edge in my mind to AHS (mainly because I have seen them play).

I knew JB had a huge line, but if you don't have the horses to outscore the other or an imaginative offense to do so, makes it tough to stick to that. I think GW gets that outscore you tag sometimes, but really most years GW has been successful they have a pretty good defense to go along with an efficient offense.

Oh, we run the spread and every imaginative play out there, they had a good "thunder and lightning" duo at RB and lost one in practice before the PB game, and the other early in the WM game. The WR's had the dropsies early on and it's taken awhile to figure out who they can trust. As to the defense , we haven't had a decent secondary in 7-8 years.

Pr8hd

Quote from: ricepig on November 03, 2017, 01:52:08 pm
Oh, we run the spread and every imaginative play out there, they had a good "thunder and lightning" duo at RB and lost one in practice before the PB game, and the other early in the WM game. The WR's had the dropsies early on and it's taken awhile to figure out who they can trust. As to the defense , we haven't had a decent secondary in 7-8 years.

I guess I should have said an imaginative offense that can execute. Obviously, staying relatively injury free is a huge factor no one can predict. Everyone's 0-0 after tonight, so never know what may happen the next 3-4 weeks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas