• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana @ Siloam Springs

Started by Wonderdog, October 25, 2017, 04:12:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderdog

Anyone have some info on this game? By looking at conference opponents, AHS looks like the better squad. Thinking about going to see the hogs play Friday. Are the hogs a title contender or pretender?

Texarkana_Piggie

good team speed.  defense is fun to watch at times.  got a couple of really good receivers.  young qb but decent.  probably be a good game. 

protegewill

Texarkana has finally found the right coach who seems to have the team and supporting community on an upward trend. Looks like losing seasons will soon be a thing of the past. After a tough defeat last week to Russellville the hogs need a confidence boost to help recover from that loss before the big rivalry game next week to El dorado. Tex wins by a landslide 42-17.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: protegewill on October 26, 2017, 02:07:21 pm
Texarkana has finally found the right coach who seems to have the team and supporting community on an upward trend. Looks like losing seasons will soon be a thing of the past. After a tough defeat last week to Russellville the hogs need a confidence boost to help recover from that loss before the big rivalry game next week to El dorado. Tex wins by a landslide 42-17.

4-4 record and you're getting all emotional.  Geez dude!  Texarkana will not beat SS by that much.  It'll be cold and wet and the piggies will have been on that bus for 6 hours.  Wouldn't go thinking they're gonna put up a scoring clinic!

AHS06

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 02:46:04 pm
4-4 record and you're getting all emotional.  Geez dude!  Texarkana will not beat SS by that much.  It'll be cold and wet and the piggies will have been on that bus for 6 hours.  Wouldn't go thinking they're gonna put up a scoring clinic!
To your credit the last time we traveled to SS, we were expected to cruise and were beat.  During that time it was cold, raining, and the long bus ride.  Texarkana still wins big.

Texarkana_Piggie

a wet, slick, muddy field could work against our speed players.  i think we still win, but it will be close.  less than a td difference. 

AHS06

The turf won't be that slippery for a one TD game.

AHS06

Anyone know if SS has live stream?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: AHS06 on October 26, 2017, 04:53:54 pm
To your credit the last time we traveled to SS, we were expected to cruise and were beat.  During that time it was cold, raining, and the long bus ride.  Texarkana still wins big.

I like Texarkana.  Their kids play hard and I think they will see some good things happen if that coach stays for awhile.  I just know how high school kids are.  Long bus ride.  Cold. Rain.  None of that is fun.  Siloam has a lot to play for.  If they beat Texarkana, then go to Russellville, then they have an outside shot at the playoffs, if they can pull off that upset.  Texarkana has the toughest 2 weeks ahead.  If they lose at SS, then they have to travel to ElDorado.  Not many people picks Texarkana to beat Eldo!  Then there's a tie.  SS wins the tie breaker.  Texarkana is left on the outside looking in.  Those Seniors at SS will be playing all out tonight.  This game means everything to them!  With the weather conditions the way they will be, and playing a team that has nothing to lose.  And you're the team that has everything to lose.............  This is gonna be interesting tonight!

Hogman2018

Good luck Hogs! They left at 9 oclock this morning on three charter buses! Safe travels

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 27, 2017, 11:05:01 am
Good luck Hogs! They left at 9 oclock this morning on three charter buses! Safe travels

Wow. Long drive.  Good luck and safe travels.

AHS06

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 27, 2017, 08:51:00 am
I like Texarkana.  Their kids play hard and I think they will see some good things happen if that coach stays for awhile.  I just know how high school kids are.  Long bus ride.  Cold. Rain.  None of that is fun.  Siloam has a lot to play for.  If they beat Texarkana, then go to Russellville, then they have an outside shot at the playoffs, if they can pull off that upset.  Texarkana has the toughest 2 weeks ahead.  If they lose at SS, then they have to travel to ElDorado.  Not many people picks Texarkana to beat Eldo!  Then there's a tie.  SS wins the tie breaker.  Texarkana is left on the outside looking in.  Those Seniors at SS will be playing all out tonight.  This game means everything to them!  With the weather conditions the way they will be, and playing a team that has nothing to lose.  And you're the team that has everything to lose.............  This is gonna be interesting tonight!
Again to your credit that is the exact situation the Hogs were in the last time we traveled to SS and we got beat.  As far as El Dorado, we have split games with them them past 6 or so years (with even more mediocre Texarkana teams/coaching).  It is a long standing rivalry and anything can happen in that game. 

Pr8hd

I don't see AHS getting upset here. Think they take care of Siloam.

Texarkana_Piggie

9-0 has early second qtr.  we are killing ourselves with penalties. 

Texarkana_Piggie

16-0 hogs.  halftime.  we are making too many mistakes.  and according to the AHS announcers, couple of iffy calls that went against siloam.  irijah price is having a big game.  2 tds so far.

Texarkana_Piggie

October 27, 2017, 08:24:34 pm #15 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:18:53 pm by Texarkana_Piggie
Irijah Price took the second half kickoff to the house. 
23-0 AHS

Texarkana_Piggie

dejordan mask with 2 picks tonight.  price with 3 tds.  then we give it right back....on a pick.

Texarkana_Piggie

30-0 arkansas high  mid 3rd qtr.

Texarkana_Piggie

mask with his 3rd pick of the night!

Texarkana_Piggie

on the next play, mask caught the td pass to make it 37-0 hogs.

Texarkana_Piggie

AHS06

protegewill

November 02, 2017, 03:24:08 pm #22 Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:27:50 pm by protegewill
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 02:46:04 pm

Well it would appear that I was giving SS too much credit, they got shut out which was even better.
To your inquiry about me catching feelings over a 4-4 team; it is what it is and  here's why.  I have a great amount respect for the Texarkana Razorbacks and their strong winning tradition. I personally witnessed the excitement of them being one of our biggest rivals. Not to mention that I personally played against them in football and track and my family also played in some great games against them in football, basketball, baseball, track, and softball.  So, when we fell off the map between 2004-2007 they were still going strong so to speak. Then to see that made me a little envious to be honest. But when Coach Bolding came to PB and reignited our winning tradition they were naturally one of the teams that I wanted us to play. But they started to not do so well for even longer than we did when I knew they have the great talent pool similar to PB it just wasn't a good look. I mean they had really great players like Dennis Johnson, Rod Smith who played in the NFL to name a few and even the great late Coach Billy Bock won a championship in baseball there in the early 80s if I remember correctly. Wishing both teams to be good and "stable" when they played seemed a bit nostalgic to me. I  always wondered what happened to them to make them under achieve so badly even after they won back to back championships in the mid to late 2000s. I heard they hired the coach from their cross town rival Texas High who they rarely beat, I was generally happy for them cause I knew they potentially got a coach that could lead them in the right direction and reignite their  rich winning tradition like Coach Bolding did for us.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas