• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who wins 3A this year?

Started by BigMan15, September 28, 2017, 10:39:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your 3A State Champion?

ECS
2 (8.3%)
Tuckerman
9 (37.5%)
Charleston
1 (4.2%)
Jesseville
0 (0%)
Manila
3 (12.5%)
Osceola
2 (8.3%)
other
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 03, 2017, 10:39:29 am

501Arkansas

Ctucker

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Ctucker on November 17, 2018, 07:21:38 pm
Truth hurts!

Two young point guards out (injuries) that should be back before the post season. Both have excellent handles and can score, defend & distribute.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 16, 2018, 10:59:00 pm
stop it
He will be the best player in 3A for sure and I'm thinking if Baptist Prep stay healthy they will win their 4th straight title (3 in 4A)

501Arkansas

Ctucker

Head Lion

Any truth to Caruthers(Osceola) enrolling at Manila?????????????????

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Quote from: Head Lion on November 18, 2018, 11:26:47 am
Idk Head Lion I don't see why he wouldn't. His career at Osceola is done smh

Ctucker

Sports1511

501Arkansas

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on November 18, 2018, 11:26:47 am
Maybe the Noles  will trade him to RC for 2 players to be named later.lol ;D

Bbal789

I've been following Baptist pretty closely at the start of their season. They are shooting really good and Mcbride is doing Mcbride things. They should be at the top of this potential champions list if they aren't number 1.

I can still see Baptist having struggles this season if they have bad shooting games. Mcbride is the only real playmaker and shot creator in the lineup right now because sophomore guard Daniel Cobb broke his leg during the first game. Cobb was the freshman and only returning starter for Baptist this year other than Mcbride. Their defense is also not even close to as good as the past three years under the new coach.

I don't know too much about the other 3a teams but I hear a lot about Tuckerman, Manila, and Osceola always being towards the top.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on November 20, 2018, 07:53:16 am
Maybe the Noles  will trade him to RC for 2 players to be named later.lol ;D
Sure you aren't talking about the other team that wears, the Dead Birds?

ISU7

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 25, 2018, 12:51:03 pm
I've been following Baptist pretty closely at the start of their season. They are shooting really good and Mcbride is doing Mcbride things. They should be at the top of this potential champions list if they aren't number 1.

I can still see Baptist having struggles this season if they have bad shooting games. Mcbride is the only real playmaker and shot creator in the lineup right now because sophomore guard Daniel Cobb broke his leg during the first game. Cobb was the freshman and only returning starter for Baptist this year other than Mcbride. Their defense is also not even close to as good as the past three years under the new coach.

I don't know too much about the other 3a teams but I hear a lot about Tuckerman, Manila, and Osceola always being towards the top.
You don't hear anything about RiverCrest, but they are the last team to win a state title(2011) 8) for the 3-3A conference. Real News.. ;D ;D

CoolBreeze

Why not start a new thread instead of tacking on to one from last season?

RamblinRazorWreck

November 26, 2018, 12:48:00 pm #167 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:52:02 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: Bbal789 on November 25, 2018, 12:51:03 pm

Cobb should be back in January (fracture only).  They should also get another sophomore guard back from a knee injury in about a week.  He will help a lot on the perimeter: athletic high octane motor, good passer, very good handles, and a good shooter as well.

The other Sophomore starter is right at 70% from 3 pt range in 5 games, and the second leading scorer, so he has a lot of 3 attempts for such a high percentage.

Spoon and Evans (both juniors) are playing very good.  Spoon had his best game of the year so far against Maumelle last Monday night.  I estimate he scored around 21-22 points and most of them in traffic at the rim.

Defense is definitely down from last year due to the size and a great defender in Javion Collins lost to graduation (& with Cobb out), but they are defending better than I expected.  Scoring has been up against what has been very good competition early in the season.  Maumelle looked to me like a really good and athletic team, and Baptist dropped 90 on them on the road.  McBride put on a show with 39 pts, 7 rebs & 9 assists.  51 points between the others is pretty good for this new clutch of Eagles against a good 5A team.

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 26, 2018, 12:20:13 pm
Why not start a new thread instead of tacking on to one from last season?
+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas