• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PC at Woodlawn

Started by eldofan, September 23, 2017, 06:41:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

eldofan

I think Pc bounces back this week but this one won't be easy with as many as 4 players accounting for 7 starting positions that may be out this week. Hope amanti can find his groove finally . With the injury he's been a non factor so far this year .

bobthebuilder

Pc's passing game is very good...the qb takes pressure very well and is apparently uncatchable...he scrambles very well and is accurate on the run...I say PC pretty big over Woodlawn.

eldofan

If he can play . Was injured and never made it back in game last night . I do not know what his status is or will be

bobthebuilder

Quote from: eldofan on September 23, 2017, 07:35:39 pm
If he can play . Was injured and never made it back in game last night . I do not know what his status is or will be
I hope he's better in time.  He is very talented.

sickwillie

bulldawg2016

PC should win this game easy!

old.dole

Pc needs to try and get healthy this week with Bearden rolling in next week. I think pc will match up better with the bears than they did Hampton. Hampton has another big one at home while pc needs to try and steal one week after next

eldofan

I know number 54 Lb, 10 Edwards and 4 Morgan won't play . 1 the qb is questionable .

PC fan

PC will win this game by 20... just saying, no disrespect  to woodlawn...but all they care about is baseball and it shows up in football season and basketball season... they just don't compete in anything but baseball.. sad how a  school  could be that way...

dawgpound

I talked to someone earlier and said both the qb and receiver that got hurt are good to go

baseball13

PC picks the score. Woodlawn is very weak. PC has a good coach and over time they will get it figured out.

eldofan

Quote from: dawgpound on September 23, 2017, 08:58:15 pm
I talked to someone earlier and said both the qb and receiver that got hurt are good to go
good to hear

Wonderdog

Quote from: PC fan on September 23, 2017, 08:25:55 pm
PC will win this game by 20... just saying, no disrespect  to woodlawn...but all they care about is baseball and it shows up in football season and basketball season... they just don't compete in anything but baseball.. sad how a  school  could be that way...
Lots of schools are only highly competitive in one sport. What is PC competitive in? On a high level. They compete for a playoff spot in football, not highly competitive in basketball, used to be really competitive in baseball, but not lately. Just saying that most schools won't be competitive in anything unless they commit to it, especially small schools. In the 8-2a nobody is competitive in more than one team sport. Rison has football, Strong not great in any sport, Bearden competes in football only, PC decent in a few sports, Hampton competes in football lately, Hermitage not great in any sport, Woodlawn is good in baseball but thats it, HG competes in football but thats about it. Smaller schools have significant difficulty sustaining success in multiple sports. I wish it was different.

Point being, Woodlawn excels at baseball, thats their sport.

MagicMike

Bearden was a state tourney basketball team, HG and PC were state tourney baseball team, rison was your weight lifting champ.

dawg_days

SouthBall

Quote from: Wonderdog on September 24, 2017, 02:56:53 am
Lots of schools are only highly competitive in one sport. What is PC competitive in? On a high level. They compete for a playoff spot in football, not highly competitive in basketball, used to be really competitive in baseball, but not lately. Just saying that most schools won't be competitive in anything unless they commit to it, especially small schools. In the 8-2a nobody is competitive in more than one team sport. Rison has football, Strong not great in any sport, Bearden competes in football only, PC decent in a few sports, Hampton competes in football lately, Hermitage not great in any sport, Woodlawn is good in baseball but thats it, HG competes in football but thats about it. Smaller schools have significant difficulty sustaining success in multiple sports. I wish it was different.

false.

SouthBall

trojanman

trojanman

PC rolls big this week in a warm up game for bearden coming in the next week. After the bears got beat down at Rison I really like our chances in what will be an back to back beatings of the bears

sickwillie

Quote from: Wonderdog on September 24, 2017, 02:56:53 am

I'd take my chances with the PC basketball team and baseball team. Very competitive and gritty group.

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: trojanman on September 25, 2017, 10:29:19 am
PC rolls big this week in a warm up game for bearden coming in the next week. After the bears got beat down at Rison I really like our chances in what will be an back to back beatings of the bears

I agree.  I'm guessing PC will be a little shorthanded this week with the injuries but they should be healthy enough to dispatch Woodlawn.  We really need Amonta Harris to get healthy and rolling for this stretch run.  I still think we have a shot at the 3 seed if we can get healthy even though it will be tough to get by Grove, Bearden, and Strong to get it done. 
Chapel 42
Woodlawn 6

eldofan

Bearden's had injuries and have been short handed lately  .PC's only chance to win is to get everyone healthy for that game .

Yogi bear

Quote from: trojanman on September 25, 2017, 10:29:19 am
Rison beat the Bears y'all will get your chance. I like our chances with two weeks to prepare.

old.dole

You could technically say both teams have 2 weeks to prepare lol

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: PC fan on September 23, 2017, 08:25:55 pm
You don't live in Cleveland county like I do. The players care about football, the school administration on the other hand would rather save their money for baseball. So that's where they spend it. Woodlawn can't even get their school to do summer workouts or a football weightlifting program most of the time. I'm from Rison we're in the same county, I hear about the nightmare those kids go through every year just to have a football team. It's really sad how their school handicaps them almost every year.

BlueCrew4U

While most schools don't function like Rison (obviously), you do have a point in that to be successful football cannot be something you only think about from August-Nov.  You gotta eat, sleep, and breathe it year round.  That's why a handful of schools stand out above the others in football ..... and why some schools are always cellar dwellers.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on September 26, 2017, 07:47:12 pm
You don't live in Cleveland county like I do. The players care about football, the school administration on the other hand would rather save their money for baseball. So that's where they spend it. Woodlawn can't even get their school to do summer workouts or a football weightlifting program most of the time. I'm from Rison we're in the same county, I hear about the nightmare those kids go through every year just to have a football team. It's really sad how their school handicaps them almost every year.

If the kids cared that much about football, the football team would have more player than off season BASKETBALL.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: southarkdaddy on September 27, 2017, 10:44:01 am
If the kids cared that much about football, the football team would have more player than off season BASKETBALL.
Let me ask you a question, even if you LOVED the game of football, would you want to play for a school that doesn't care, in front of a tiny home crowd, with a head coach that sometimes (not this year) wasn't even a football coach before he came to your school, and knowing that even if you gave it your all most of the time it wouldn't matter in the end?

MagicMike

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on September 27, 2017, 01:22:46 pm
Let me ask you a question, even if you LOVED the game of football, would you want to play for a school that doesn't care, in front of a tiny home crowd, with a head coach that sometimes (not this year) wasn't even a football coach before he came to your school, and knowing that even if you gave it your all most of the time it wouldn't matter in the end?

Funny thing is had they kept that coach, they would have fielded a team last year and the landscape of the 82A would be much different

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on September 27, 2017, 01:22:46 pm

Why don't you ask PC kids that? Up until this year...I meannnnnn??

old.dole

If you love the game it's bigger than wins and losses or who is there to watch you imo. When I was little I played on some teams that were horrible but I kept playing and quitting never crossed my mind because I loved to play. You only get one shot to play high school sports. That's another reason why love small school ball more kids percentage wise are getting to play and make those memories and build that brotherhood with their teammates. Another reason why I think kids at schools like hermitage who struggle year in and year out to field a team should be allowed to play at a determined neighboring school as long as their number count towards that schools numbers

lancecy31

September 28, 2017, 10:25:36 am #31 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:37:31 am by lancecy31

dawg_days

I heard today that Woodlawn folded as well. Is there any truth to that?

trojanman

Rida4Life

Quote from: dawg_days on September 28, 2017, 11:13:39 am
I heard today that Woodlawn folded as well. Is there any truth to that?

Hope not.  No one wants two open dates on the schedule.

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: trojanman on September 28, 2017, 11:14:06 am
Quote from: lancecy31 on September 28, 2017, 10:25:36 am
[/quote

why did you take your original post down?

I think he realized that it did not prove the point it hoped it would prove.  Somehow he wanted to justify that Woodlawn was competitive in basketball....
we all know stats don't exist to make that a real thing.

BlueCrew4U

Game day!  Let's go big blue!  I heard yesterday that on of the PC players they thought would be out this week will play tonight.... could be worse news for the Bears.

Trojans get back on track tonight with a big win.  Then and only then we will shift our focus to Bearden. 

Rida4Life

Trojans win big tonight.  Set up a key showdown at VN stadium next week.

LaFlamaBlanca55

Woodlawn will take a loss, but it wont be near as bad as the lost PC will take from Woodlawn this spring on the diamond.
Make the hay while you can PC, enjoy this one tonight, and just remember, what goes around comes around

trojanman

The only sport that is played in high school that woodlawn has a chance to compete with PC in is baseball. All others equal a beatdown

Rida4Life

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on September 29, 2017, 11:37:58 am
Woodlawn will take a loss, but it wont be near as bad as the lost PC will take from Woodlawn this spring on the diamond.
Make the hay while you can PC, enjoy this one tonight, and just remember, what goes around comes around

You are really going to talk baseball smack on a football thread?  wow

MagicMike

PC will beat Woodlawn in Baseball just like they did last time. Woodlawn can pile on 1A state championships and stick their chest out, but PC is still PC and Woodlawn is still Woodlawn.

MagicMike

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on September 29, 2017, 11:37:58 am

How did that work out for you?

Rida4Life

;D

...... did it come around yet?
asking for a friend  8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas