• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Onside kick

Started by ~WPS~, October 28, 2016, 07:43:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

In Jr. High, can the receiving team advance an onside kick? Saw a game last night where the guy caught it off the bounce and had ran 20 yards before the whistle blew and they brought it back.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: ~WPS~ on October 28, 2016, 07:43:24 am
In Jr. High, can the receiving team advance an onside kick? Saw a game last night where the guy caught it off the bounce and had ran 20 yards before the whistle blew and they brought it back.

Receiving team can always advance a kick.  Kicking team can only advance if it's controlled by the receiving team and then fumbled. 

~WPS~

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 28, 2016, 08:38:12 am
Receiving team can always advance a kick.  Kicking team can only advance if it's controlled by the receiving team and then fumbled.
That's what I thought.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: ~WPS~ on October 28, 2016, 08:39:44 am
That's what I thought.

DISCLAIMER:  I have been wrong before and I'm not a referee.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lions84

I believe the Zebra crew blew the call. 

~WPS~

There's always the chance I missed something. I don't think his knee touched when fielding the ball. Regardless of what the reason was to blow it dead, a lot of time went by before they did.

My initial reaction was that it could've been a safety related thing used for Jr. High games.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: ~WPS~ on October 28, 2016, 08:49:24 am
There's always the chance I missed something. I don't think his knee touched when fielding the ball. Regardless of what the reason was to blow it dead, a lot of time went by before they did.

My initial reaction was that it could've been a safety related thing used for Jr. High games.

I'm not aware of any rule differences for junior high (other than length of quarters).

STBruin

Onside kick is a kickoff...so would think, unless someone called for a fair catch, it would be advancable.

dawgpound

does it have to go 10 yards before it can be returned

Rulesman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas