• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Greatest Band ever...

Started by Coach Venny Slocombe, September 28, 2012, 10:36:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Venny Slocombe

Busted

Stairway To Heaven would be an extremely close second, but I would give the nod to this as my fave of theirs.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Busted on December 05, 2012, 02:25:51 pm
Stairway To Heaven would be an extremely close second, but I would give the nod to this as my fave of theirs.

I love any Zep song...

KOJACK

January 14, 2013, 01:47:24 pm #3 Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:52:29 am by KOJACK
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 28, 2012, 10:36:22 am

Finally one thing we can agree on Venny lol. Aside from all the black majic and all.

green-eagle

Yes, Zep is the best, but Pink Floyd is gaining on the Led....Zeppelin did not do very many interviews, so there still a mystery about them and there music. But song for song, Pink Floyd has sold just as many albums and has just as many legendary hits...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: green-eagle on April 21, 2013, 10:17:14 pm
Yes, Zep is the best, but Pink Floyd is gaining on the Led....Zeppelin did not do very many interviews, so there still a mystery about them and there music. But song for song, Pink Floyd has sold just as many albums and has just as many legendary hits...
Greenie, I love Pink Floyd also...The Doors, Cream, Aerosmith, Metallica...I just Love music...

DogsWin7

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 29, 2013, 11:36:26 am
Quote from: green-eagle on April 21, 2013, 10:17:14 pm
Greenie, I love Pink Floyd also...The Doors, Cream, Aerosmith, Metallica...I just Love music...
How about Def Leppard, Poison, Kid Rock, ACDC...

Baitshop

Anything that doesn't begin with "Ea" and end with "gles" is a swing and a miss....

JOMHO

DogsWin7

Quote from: Baitshop on May 01, 2013, 02:50:40 pm
Anything that doesn't begin with "Ea" and end with "gles" is a swing and a miss....

JOMHO
I LOVE the Eagles too Bait! :)

Rulesman

Don't know about "greatest band ever", but Fleetwood Mac put on one heck of a show at Verizon tonight.

Hoghead

What ? No Earth Wind & Fire ?  The Barkays ?  Parliment/Funkadelic ? Cameo ? The GAP BAND ? The Average White Band has to be in here !!!!  Brass Costruction was hot !!! BT Express........ELO !!!!! Forigner ???? You got have these guys !   The Eagles ??? You have to play Welcome to the Hotel California at least 3 times a week. I know I do !!!  Rick James and the Stone City Band ?  The SOS Band ?   Con Funk Shon ?   The Little River Band.....Black Oak Arkansas ??? Chicago ???? Santana ????

sevenof400

Just for you, Hoghead - you Super Freak!

Welcome back, sir!

Uncle Ivan

Dunno about greatest, but Motorhead has to rank in the top ten.

Hoghead

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 13, 2013, 11:26:52 am
Just for you, Hoghead - you Super Freak!

Welcome back, sir!
Thanks 700 !!! Slick Rick !!!!

DogsWin7

July 16, 2013, 10:19:19 pm #14 Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:51:50 pm by DiehardFBfan
What about Kool and The Gang....Get Down on it?

Joan Jett and The Blackhearts?   

America....You Can Do Magic?    Bee Gees.....Jive Talkin etc?   Survivor, Journey, Bon Jovi.  Too many to list!

Lots of Great Bands!

bleudog

July 16, 2013, 11:13:35 pm #15 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:53:40 pm by bleudog
No particular order:

Allman Brothers
Chicago (before Terry Kath managed to shoot himself)
Roomful of Blues
Tower of Power
Blood, Sweat and Tears
The Band (RIP Levon)
Yes
The Funk Brothers (Motown studio band)
Booker T and the MGs / The Memphis Horns (Stax studio band)
The Swampers (FAME studio band aka Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section)*
Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys
The Byrds
New Grass Revival
BeauSoleil
ZZ Top
Any band Eric Clapton was in

*Now Muscle Shoals has got The Swampers
  And they've been known to pick a song or two
  (Yes, they do!)
  Lord, they get me off so much
  They pick me up when I'm feeling blue, now how about you?
Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Sweet Home Alabama"

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=81384.msg1690957#msg1690957

AirWarren

July 18, 2013, 10:06:08 pm #16 Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:08:48 pm by AirWarren
Journey

Stone Temple Pilots

ACDC

CCR

Pantera

In the mood to set the mood, a lil Lionel Ritchie and The commodores.

And for a plethora of musical instruments, sound, character, and metal...the Corey Taylor led SLIPKNOT.

DogsWin7

How about The Rolling Stones?

Breitontime

Jacketman65

Hoghead

C-Mac 73

I wouldn't dare to name one band as the greatest of all time, simply because there are so many elements at play, and so many different opinions. It is all based on opinion. Some people like great singers. Some like great guitar players. Some like drummers or piano players. Some like it all, but have a different taste in my music. I have been to a lot of good concerts. Even at such a young age, I have seen Fleetwood Mac, Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, Kid Rock, Hank Williams Jr., Alan Jackson, and many others. So... my personal all-time favorite, and my OPINION as the best band ever:

Lynyrd Skynyrd. I just don't know how anyone could beat the Free Bird solo.

Hoghead

KC and the Sunshine Band !!!!!!    Do you wanna go party is a classic hit.  21 minutes and 23 seconds long.....DO YOU WANNA GO ? PARTY !!!!!!

sevenof400

Anyone happen to catch the documentary that aired on Showtime on the History of the Eagles?  Man, they have more outstanding music than any American group I can think of....and then, throw in the individual work of Glenn Frey, Don Henley and even Joe Walsh....

the game

August 16, 2013, 02:35:32 pm #24 Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:06:39 pm by the game
   Led Zeppelin ...  http://youtu.be/fOEQTJV_3-w

Hoghead

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: Hoghead on July 13, 2013, 10:40:31 am
What ? No Earth Wind & Fire ?  The Barkays ?  Parliment/Funkadelic ? Cameo ? The GAP BAND ? The Average White Band has to be in here !!!!  Brass Costruction was hot !!! BT Express........ELO !!!!! Forigner ???? You got have these guys !   The Eagles ??? You have to play Welcome to the Hotel California at least 3 times a week. I know I do !!!  Rick James and the Stone City Band ?  The SOS Band ?   Con Funk Shon ?   The Little River Band.....Black Oak Arkansas ??? Chicago ???? Santana ????

HH, I like your style.  Also a good call by Jacketman on U2.

I'm kind of upset to see a glaring lack of Grateful Dead anywhere in this thread.

The Future

Greatest bands ever?
Hmm its tough.
Kiss and Queen should be on anyone's list.
Kiss and Disciple are my 2 favorites. Disciple is a more modern Christian Rock/ slight Metal band. Very very good.
Some of my favorites: Kiss, Queen, Boston, Poison,  Stryper, Foo Fighters, Rise Against, Halestorm (awesome chick with amazing voice) Disciple, and Decyfer Down.

TrueBlue

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on August 12, 2013, 10:11:39 pm
I wouldn't dare to name one band as the greatest of all time, simply because there are so many elements at play, and so many different opinions. It is all based on opinion. Some people like great singers. Some like great guitar players. Some like drummers or piano players. Some like it all, but have a different taste in my music.

Agreed. My personal favorites are Breaking Benjamin, Foreigner, The Eagles, Foo Fighters and Dire Straits.

DogsWin7

October 23, 2013, 09:39:37 pm #29 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:49:20 pm by DiehardFBfan
Those are all good bands!    I would have a hard time choosing my favorites as I love all kinds of music as well.     Welcome to FF TrueBlue. 

Hoghead

THE OHIO PLAYERS !!!!!     Love Rollercoaster !!!!

Uncle Ivan

Hoghead

Uncle Ivan

DogsWin7

^Never heard of them.   What do they sing? 

The Who
Aerosmith
Chicago

bleudog

sevenof400

Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 30, 2013, 03:56:43 pm

Tender love songs.  You'll like their sound.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 02, 2013, 01:54:41 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 30, 2013, 03:56:43 pm

Tender love songs.  You'll like their sound.

You are so romantic. :)

monster_island

monster_island

Hoghead

Marvin & The Marshmellow Maggots......Nice !!!!

mack

Quote from: bleudog on July 16, 2013, 11:13:35 pm
No particular order:

Allman Brothers
Roomful of Blues
Tower of Power
Blood, Sweat and Tears
The Band (RIP Levon)
Yes
The Byrds
New Grass Revival
BeauSoleil
ZZ Top

(Yes, they do!)

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=81384.msg1690957#msg1690957

Like minds my friend,,, check this out as a Chicago fan....  at the Greek,, it was great.

http://youtu.be/17irPujNG2U

Billyo62

Uncle Ivan

bleudog

Quote from: mack on November 19, 2013, 03:16:22 pm
Quote from: bleudog on July 16, 2013, 11:13:35 pm
No particular order:

Allman Brothers
Roomful of Blues
Tower of Power
Blood, Sweat and Tears
The Band (RIP Levon)
Yes
The Byrds
New Grass Revival
BeauSoleil
ZZ Top

(Yes, they do!)

Like minds my friend,,, check this out as a Chicago fan....  at the Greek,, it was great.

http://youtu.be/17irPujNG2U

Thanks for the link.  I picked up the DVD of that concert awhile back.  It's one of my favorites.

Hoghead

Im feeling some BARKAYS today !!!  Listening to some HOLY GHOST & LETS HAVE SOME FUN today !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas