• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strategy Game Suggestions

Started by Kazimierz, May 01, 2012, 09:47:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazimierz

I enjoyed the Total War series of games when I had a PC. They were a great way to avoid studying or waste hours upon end (all of the empire building and nation conquering).  Alas, now I have a MAC and cannot play Total War (although I hear whispers that Total War: Empire is being released for MAC soon).

Does anyone have suggestions for Mac games that involve Total War/Risk style play? Thanks. Or should I just go buy a PC? I think Sid Meier's Civilization Series is available for MAC, anyone ever played that?

phdefense

yeah buddy

You could get the "Sudden Strike" games. They are strategy games, but not modeled on anything like the Total War games. In the Sudden Strike games, you have make do with what you are immediately given or, in some instances, you will routinely receive reinforcements. Fun games that really challenge and force you to think of how to coordinate an attack without comprising your ability to complete the campaigns.

Chief_Osceola™

Starcraft.
Starcraft 2.

You can thank me later.

The Civ games are pretty fun.  The newest one I think is Civilation: Revolution, but I don't know if it's any good or not.  I'm sure being a Sid Meier game it is.

Some of the Command and Conquer games are pretty fun too.

Kazimierz

Starcraft is a classic... I remember playing it on my Gateway 2000. I have never played the Civilization game... I guess I just fell into the Total War camp early (also played Shogun Total War when it first came out). The ability to have a Risk/Civilization/Starcraft game all wrapped into one... just too good to miss.

Looks like Rome Total War 2 is in the making... I guess I will have to go buy a PC.

Jalkuranis

Yeah, just go buy a PC. You can't beat the Total War games for strategy. Civ is still fun but lacks the depth I feel.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas