• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

These ads are dirty pool!

Started by sevenof400, February 20, 2012, 11:52:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Lanny, Eddie, et. al.,

I know y'all have previously said FF subscribes to some service that places the ads we see around the content borders but can you please ask those folks to have a heart?  This morning, I saw a Publix ad in the right hand column and my tummy (briefly) leapt for joy as I thought Publix was now in Arkansas! 

Digestively saddened,

sevenof400

Walter

Never heard of them before and have not noticed their ad.

sevenof400

SardisHog,

If you ever get the chance, Publix is a grocery store chain that has some excellent product lines.  However, to be fair, since they are located in areas and states where we usually vacation, it could have something to do with associations as well....

At any rate, I was surprised to see an ad for a business not in Arkansas.  That may be a first (or at least a rarity)....

Eddie Goodson

Thanks to adblocker on firefox and safari, I have not seen an ad on here, HG, or facebook in almost two years.

sevenof400

By the way guys, please let me emphasize that the OP was meant only to be an observation (with a little bit of humor) - not a complaint. 

Valleysports

sevenof400, I work away from Arkansas, a lot of the time, and the ads on my borders reflect that.  I might have Alaskan Ads for awhile.  I think the computer pulls ads from the area you download from and sometimes they stay on for awhile.  Anyway were you in a publix place recently? 

Texarkana_Piggie

Went to a public for the first time in Florida last summer. Great grocery store!  Wsh we had one here

Breitontime

Publix is great. They have decent sushi, and a pretty good butcher. 'Least the one by my house anyways.

I did recently discover that there is a Fresh Market in LR. Love that place too.

Lanny

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 20, 2012, 11:52:48 am
Lanny, Eddie, et. al.,

I know y'all have previously said FF subscribes to some service that places the ads we see around the content borders but can you please ask those folks to have a heart?  This morning, I saw a Publix ad in the right hand column and my tummy (briefly) leapt for joy as I thought Publix was now in Arkansas! 

Digestively saddened,

sevenof400

I love Publix stores, wished they would cross the Ms River

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas