• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best 2012 SuperBowl Commercial

Started by True Believer, February 05, 2012, 06:18:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

So far.   Doritos.  Dog buries cat...lol.   Loved it.

True Fan

True Believer

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle...lol.

fastdrop

53 and still getting down - Madonna

Nice half time show

True Believer

"My eyes are up here!".   Betty White.   

Ridge Rat

Texarkana_Piggie

all those and i liked the etrade speed dating one.

True Believer

Quote from: fastdrop on February 05, 2012, 07:23:13 pm
53 and still getting down - Madonna

Nice half time show

She was great.  At least she entertained!

True Believer

sevenof400

You're still here???

Don't you have anything better to do??

See the long version of the commercial here.

True Believer

I can do four  things at one time.  :)   Unlike some people.  My kids and their friends are here and we are watching the game, eating wings and drinking beverages.  :) 

bleudog

True Believer

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 05, 2012, 08:18:11 pm
You're still here???

Don't you have anything better to do??

See the long version of the commercial here.

LOL....I'm such a dork.  I just watched it. 

I loved Mr. Quiggly.

But my favs were the Doritos and the M&M.  :)   Lots of dogs this year. 

the green moose

redwolf143

Wahls

They should have gotten the KIA hamsters for halftime and saved some money over that Roman meets Egyptian meets WTH show they did last night.

Chief_Osceola™

I thought the Skechers dog racing commercial was pretty funny, and the Mr. Sandman Kia commercial was pretty good too.

DogsWin7

I laughed so hard about the Dog digging a grave for the family cat & bribbing the owner with Doritos I almost busted my pants!!  That was a triple D, off the hook, Good.

Wahls

Jalkuranis

I'd have to say the M&M's was the best.

Jalkuranis

Lol, wow. Chevy's CMO almost makes me want to buy a Chevy just because of his humor. Poor Ford.

Ridge Rat

Ford shoulda taken bailout money like Chevy. Maybe it woulda made them tougher too! Oh wait... Chevy wouldn't want to talk about that.

True Fan

Chevy trimmed the fat, fired the top dogs, turned the company around and paid back the bailout early. Not really the standard definition.

I had no problem with the ad. It was hilarious.  I'm still willing to take my chances in my big Ford Super Duty,  whether it's the Mayan or Zombie apocalypse.

Kudos to Chrysler for spending that much for the America commercial. Very little product for such a strong message.

DogsWin7

with all the $$$$$ spent on commericals it sure could of helped alot of jobless, hungry people.

Wahls

They did NOT pay the bailout back early. The have paid back approximately 24 billion of the 50-60 billion they were given as of last month. I will post the proof when I get to a computer.

the green moose

Quote from: DogsWin7 on February 06, 2012, 06:10:57 pm
  with all the $$$$$ spent on commericals it sure could of helped alot of jobless, hungry people.
Dude....dont be that guy honestly

Wahls

Here's the proof:

http://www.treasury.gov/initiatives/financial-stability/briefing-room/reports/tarp-daily-summary-report/TARP%20Cash%20Summary/Daily%20TARP%20Update%20-%2012.30.2011.pdf

GM and Chrysler haven't paid it back.

True Fan

DogsWin7

February 07, 2012, 08:35:19 am #29 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:11:32 am by DogsWin7
Quote from: the green moose on February 07, 2012, 12:28:03 am
Quote from: DogsWin7 on February 06, 2012, 06:10:57 pm
Dude....dont be that guy honestly

okkkkkkk,  i didn't say they were'nt funny in fact i posted bout the dog burying the cat(doritos commerical). 

Wahls

Valleysports

Terra Flora Valentines Commercial - Give and you shall receive!  :P

True Fan

True Believer

I'm afraid I did say "Wow" when the Beckham underwear commercial was over.

:)

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on February 08, 2012, 05:38:09 am

I can not believe u just admitted that!

redwolf143

check this one out:

http://bostinno.com/2012/02/02/budweiser-canada-flash-mob-ad-wins-super-bowl-commercial-of-the-decade-awesome-video/

only aired in Canada, Budweiser should fire their American ads guy and have this one take over for him.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: redwolf143 on February 08, 2012, 11:35:25 am
check this one out:

http://bostinno.com/2012/02/02/budweiser-canada-flash-mob-ad-wins-super-bowl-commercial-of-the-decade-awesome-video/

only aired in Canada, Budweiser should fire their American ads guy and have this one take over for him.

I wonder why advertisers do that.  I can understand a Canadian-only commercial, or one specific to some other country, but there was a Will Ferrell Old Milwaukee ad that only showed in Nebraska for some reason.

Wahls

Quote from: True Fan on February 07, 2012, 11:38:58 pm
Quote from: Wahls on February 07, 2012, 06:59:07 pm
Quote from: True Fan on February 07, 2012, 07:05:14 am
Okay, Dave.

???

Okay, a little slower for you.

Wahls didn't make it. Wahls drove a Ford. ;D

I will never give my money to GM after blatantly lying to the American public like they did.

Valleysports

February 08, 2012, 04:00:56 pm #38 Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:55:07 pm by Valleysports
Who you going with - Ford - vehicles are made by other countries?

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: True Believer on February 08, 2012, 05:38:09 am

i knew enough to keep my mouth closed, but yes that ad did get my full, undivided attention.

Wahls

Quote from: Valleysports on February 08, 2012, 04:00:56 pm

All of the above.

Ford is beginning to bring in their cars from European markets and they're reaping the rewards. They're producing some of the best vehicles they ever have right now.

True Believer

the green moose

Valleysports

Quote from: Wahls on February 08, 2012, 09:13:31 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on February 08, 2012, 04:00:56 pm

All of the above.

Ford is beginning to bring in their cars from European markets and they're reaping the rewards. They're producing some of the best vehicles they ever have right now.

That's good to hear - the last Ford Truck I bought (new from factory) was a Lemon.  Mazda Transmissions were breaking down bad in 90's Ford Trucks.  And this thing just came with sheered off Manifold Bolts & unpacked wheel bearing and all the plastic seat parts broke the first time I adjusted the seats.  They were doing the "have you driven a Ford lately" commercials at that time.  Terrible Product.  Now that was a decade ago,and a lot of my Ford Buddies are liking their trucks lately.

Love the Dodge Truck Body & color, but too many of my friends have had computer problems and end up trading them off.  None of those are in the last 3 yrs.

Had never had a Chevy - ever...  Bought a used 2001, GMC 2500, in 2002.  Hopefully all American Mades were getting better at that time also, but this truck is still as solid as the day I got it.  I'm tired of Pewter Paint, but can't justify trading for another.  I'll get a GMC Truck next time, cause I'm selfish.  If I worried about sending a message or protesting, that's all I'd be doing every day.  ;D  Actually did get a 2011 Acadia, for my wife, so I guess I'm converted to Chevy for now.  They just ride so smooth & quiet.

Right now - I'm waiting on the first Truck to get 30 mpg (at least 25).  Note - My dad's B2500 got 35 mpg in the 70's.  Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, I'll come running.  Of course if that Terra Flora Valentine Girl was the sales person at a dealership in Arkansas, I'd probably check the new models out now!

Wahls

My family had a 2003 Ford Taurus SES that had everything go wrong on it. I don't know if it was on Ford or the previous driver.

But my dad has a 1990 Ford F150 with an i6 and that Mazda transmission on it. 210000 miles. He got some money ahead and took it to a friend to have the motor looked at to be rebuilt. Guy opened the motor and closed it back up and said everything was pristine and it didn't need any work. The worst that the truck ever needed was an alternator. Still has the original clutch in it.

True Fan

I drive a Super Duty crew cab turbo diesel 4x4 and a Miata. The Mazda just doesn't have the towing capacity?
My wife drives a Pontiac. Also, still linked to a Dodge my DD drives.
I work in the automotive industry.

There's not a lot of difference, quality wise, between any of todays cars. Most are great in every brand. I mean every. The off-brands have really upped their game.

It's about time for the wife to upgrade. Ford will get the first look because of the whole bailout fiasco. It's hard to argue with a company being financially sound when you think that you might want to buy some parts for your new car somewhere down the road.

sevenof400

February 09, 2012, 06:55:52 pm #46 Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:57:53 pm by sevenof400
I'm not much of a fan of Ford's cars but I have a '98 Ford F150 that is still going strong.  About the only downside is the 15 - 18 mpg....

Speaking of other brands, Hyundai has really improved over the past few years.  With Honda's recent supply difficulties as a result of the tsunami, our family purchased an Elantra and we have been very pleased with it.  Hyundai is worth considering and their vehicles are priced below most of the competitions similar models.

Prior to purchasing the Hyundai, I was considering a Ford Fusion but the ride and feel of the vehicle seemed to be of less quality.

True Believer

fastdrop

The best super bowl commercial was the one I missed.

Wahls

You can take a Cummins 3.9l diesel and put it in a full size F150 and get 25 MPG and all the torque you can ever want.

Why aren't car companies putting the Cummins 3.9 into light trucks?!?!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas