• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Embed a Youtube Video?

Started by doober3, January 04, 2012, 10:18:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

doober3

I know how to link the video on my message but I'd like to embed the video.  Is there a way to do this on FF? 

Walter

At this time FF does not have this feature. Hogville does so ask Lanny by PM if he would get that option on here.

doober3

Eddie Goodson

It is my understanding that not allowing youtube embedding is a security issue. Why Douglas allows it on hogville, I don't know. We are running a different version of smf here.

gatecrasher

January 04, 2012, 05:48:41 pm #4 Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:35:36 pm by SardisHog
So can someone tell my computer challenged self how to post a video or pic to a post, and to my sig at the bottom of my posts?

PM if you wish.

Walter

read

Now when you know the image address enclose it with [img]url[/img} (the last "}" has to be a "]". If I made it another bracket it would not show)

Gate I have added a picture into your thread. Look at it using the modify button and see what I did.

Brian G

Except there is a built in filter that won't allow ED fans to post an image.

sevenof400

Gate,

Adding to what SardisHog said, click here for a web page on some SMF codes from the SMF online manual.  The image code is one of those listed on this page and it has some useful examples that can be helpful.   

gatecrasher

Quote from: SardisHog on January 04, 2012, 06:30:15 pm
read

Now when you know the image address enclose it with [img]url[/img} (the last "}" has to be a "]". If I made it another bracket it would not show)

Gate I have added a picture into your thread. Look at it using the modify button and see what I did.
Cool. Should be easy enough. Thanks man.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas