• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GIRLS CHAMPIONS!!

Started by HOOPSTER, March 03, 2014, 09:17:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NoPlace2

Quote from: MomaLion on March 07, 2014, 02:28:15 pm
There's no need in that, just point hogs trying to embarrass the other team.

OK to play your starters after a week off but to keep pressing even with your subs seems a bit much IMO.

BoxNOne

I hope they get beat but I don't think it will happen.

Ole Man River

Why is it always they need to revamp the Referees.  Why not the coaches teach the kids to play defense without reaching and grabbing. 

True Fan

Quote from: Ole Man River on March 07, 2014, 02:55:22 pm
Why is it always they need to revamp the Referees.  Why not the coaches teach the kids to play defense without reaching and grabbing. 

Because the other team is reaching and grabbing and winning. ;D

Rothie

I dont know if it was running up the score or not but pulling starters to early is one thing that got them last year. Then when it was time that they had to play a whole game they didnt have anything in the tank when they needed in against Norphlet in regionals and Marmaduke in last years semi. Sounds like a good coach learning from past.

NoPlace2

Yeah, I don't have a problem with starters playing at this point in season, but to press with a 40 pt lead is a little over the top. I don't totally disagree with the comment about coaches doing a better job when it comes to fouls, but the Refs this year weren't consistent from quarter to quarter or from one end to the other. Especially in girls ball - can't tell you how many hops and three point shots I've seen - even on our own team and only called traveling part of the time. Blocking & Charge fouls were horrible. Refs just have to more consistent and in better positions to call fouls or not call them - many of them are as out of shape as I am.

BoxNOne

Quote from: True Fan on March 07, 2014, 02:57:48 pm
Quote from: Ole Man River on March 07, 2014, 02:55:22 pm

Because the other team is reaching and grabbing and winning. ;D

This is very true. Coaches who would ordinarily teach good sound defensive principles have to teach arm barring, hand checking and holding. If they don't they will be on the short end of the score most of the time.

MomaLion

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 07, 2014, 02:40:47 pm
I hope they get beat but I don't think it will happen.
It does tend to make me root for the other team when someone does that.

MomaLion

My biggest issue with the refs this year is that they call almost nothing the first 3 periods then start up in the 4th...also more charges called than usual.

Buzzer Beater

Lady Lions score?  It is not being televised...

Bball_Fan_2013

Incase y'all haven't noticed this is the State Tournament.  There is no more babying the other teams.  Its All or Nothing and these girls don't want nothing they want it all.  If a coach makes a decision they are doing what is best for their team.  No need to talk bad about the coach or team because they kept their starters in till the 4th. And how is that embarrassing a team? If that was the case don't you think she would've left her starters in?  Also, the subs played just like they did any other game.  What did you expect she would put them and them not do anything, and let the other team catch back up?

MomaLion

Well I don't agree with you...that may be because our program promotes sportsmanship.

WPWells

I think that you have just shown everyone on this board just how much class you have. You aren't off to a very auspicious start

MomaLion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 07, 2014, 08:48:09 pm
I think that you have just shown everyone on this board just how much class you have. You aren't off to a very auspicious start
+1

Bball_Fan_2013

Quote from: MomaLion on March 07, 2014, 08:47:05 pm
Well I don't agree with you...that may be because our program promotes sportsmanship.
It seemed liked both teams to me had pretty good sportsmanship other than a few unnecessary fouls. They both gathered around the middle and prayed and walked off together.  We should be blessed that these group of girls and many other teams pray and play for God.

ak58

The starting five were pulled early 3rd. I was there and watched. The 3rd string even had a lot of playing time. Just because your up by forty doesn't mean the backups shouldn't play 100%. Salem starters played until about 2:00 left in th game.

MomaLion

If they had subs in then there's not much more you can do except stop the press.

Bball_Fan_2013

Quote from: ak58 on March 07, 2014, 10:06:56 pm
The starting five were pulled early 3rd. I was there and watched. The 3rd string even had a lot of playing time. Just because your up by forty doesn't mean the backups shouldn't play 100%. Salem starters played until about 2:00 left in th game.
Thank You! You kinda said the same thing I did I guess a little more nicer!

HOOPSTER

That's what you do when you try to impress someone I guess. Some people make it all about them (coaches) who get way to much credit when teams win and to much blame when teams loose. it is about the players, without good ones you will not win. IF you are a SH fan then you know this should have been the 3rd one in a row. As for "ROTHIE" you know for a fact the story with the girl from Genoa and the other half of the team that is from Hope!!!!! But keeping kidding yourself.

Steves68Nova

I thought the automotive racing forums were bad with trolls. But you are even better than them. Too bad you are a fan of such a good team as it makes others want to root against them. I don't understand the use of "bulletin board material". Is that a way to get more posts or something like that?  I mean there is no substance to your posts, just what looks like 15 year old rambling. But whatever turns you on I guess.

Good luck to Magnet Cove. Hope you knock off Spring Hill.

OwlsR1

Have you not read where this clown said he is from Gurdon?  They hate Spring Hill...he is just trying to stir up crap.  Not a fan of Spring Hill at all.  This person does not any way represent Spring Hill.  I will assure you all we are focused on is beating Magnet Cove and taking it one game at a time.

ak58

Medina transferred from genoa two years ago. And she dates the coaches son. Every player on the Spring Hill roster lives in spring hill school district. Lacy Knox moved here in the THIRD GRADE. I for one am a Spring Hill fan and
Do not want to sound bias at all but I will not stand for untrue and hurtful assumptions to be said about young kids.

Timberwolf08

I don't think a team should play dirty or be rude about a victory, and I don't think during the regular season teams should run up the score, especially in a weak conference. I think if you look at playing time of the CR boys starters you'll see that the older two brothers played about 18-20 minutes a night and that our boys have been taught to play with class in a win or loss. That said, everyone in Hampton this week is a good enough team to make it to the state tournament. No one is picking on a team who hasn't won two games all year. Once we're this deep in the year, I think if you're the better team on the court, you've earned the right to show it. I was hoping for a 100 point game yesterday from spring hill because it would be incredible to see that. It's rare in boys high school, almost unheard of in girls. But instead SH scored two in the last quarter. That sounds like they put the brakes on and don't need to be bashed as "point hogs."

Banks of Boggy

Quote from: ak58 on March 08, 2014, 10:32:43 am
Medina transferred from genoa two years ago. And she dates the coaches son. Every player on the Spring Hill roster lives in spring hill school district. Lacy Knox moved here in the THIRD GRADE. I for one am a Spring Hill fan and
Do not want to sound bias at all but I will not stand for untrue and hurtful assumptions to be said about young kids.

Well said.

MomaLion

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 08, 2014, 02:36:02 pm
I don't think a team should play dirty or be rude about a victory, and I don't think during the regular season teams should run up the score, especially in a weak conference. I think if you look at playing time of the CR boys starters you'll see that the older two brothers played about 18-20 minutes a night and that our boys have been taught to play with class in a win or loss. That said, everyone in Hampton this week is a good enough team to make it to the state tournament. No one is picking on a team who hasn't won two games all year. Once we're this deep in the year, I think if you're the better team on the court, you've earned the right to show it. I was hoping for a 100 point game yesterday from spring hill because it would be incredible to see that. It's rare in boys high school, almost unheard of in girls. But instead SH scored two in the last quarter. That sounds like they put the brakes on and don't need to be bashed as "point hogs."
If you read ALL of my posts, I clearly said that if they had their starters pulled then there's not much more you can do except not press. Its MY OPINION that to do so is being a point hog...directed at the coach because they call the shots. It doesn't matter that it's state..if you are clearly the better team, why make a statement???

Timberwolf08

Because if you make a statement everyone hears it. Teams you haven't played yet, fans of teams you haven't played yet, etc. It's fun to win big against a team who is good. It's sad when teams run up scores against a clearly weaker opponent. There was one team in our conference who the CR boys didn't even start the normal 5 players against. But in state tournament, be you a 1 seed or 4 seed, you had to earn your way in. If SH blew out a Podunk no one school, it would be rude...but in state tournaments, you're always picking on someone your own size.

MomaLion

Disagree...a 4 seed from a weak conference is so not the same as a 1 seed from a strong one.

Timberwolf08

The CR girls only beat salem's girls by 5, 2, and 1 this year. They won their game today by 5. We got hot at the right time and played well in regionals, but regardless of how they looked yesterday, Salem isn't a weak team. CR won their game today, Marmaduke won their game Thursday. Last I heard Marked Tree is up in their game. I wouldn't call the North a weak region.

MomaLion

Seriously do you not read...I didn't say any particular region is weak...just making a point that not all seeds are equal. I don't have a dog in this fight...just staying MY OPINION.

Timberwolf08

I assumed that when you said a 4 from a weak conference, you meant a 4 from a weak region, my mistake. I just think it's great that SH was playing to win instead of playing not to lose. There's a big difference in those two things, and playing to win will probably result in a ring for them. If they play not to lose, they could get upset. They won't get a ring for their sportsmanship. From what I've seen, though, they make their point and play with class. If CR faces them do I want our ladies to get beaten by 35? Of course not. But if SH can do it should they? Absolutely.

True Fan

If the team normally presses and is losing a lot of seniors, what better chance to give next years team a taste of going full speed against a state tournament teams starters?

Pulling the starters and scoring 2 in the 4th made the statement that needed to be made. Nothing to hate on here.

Steves68Nova

Quote from: OwlsR1 on March 08, 2014, 09:23:40 am
Have you not read where this clown said he is from Gurdon?  They hate Spring Hill...he is just trying to stir up crap.  Not a fan of Spring Hill at all.  This person does not any way represent Spring Hill.  I will assure you all we are focused on is beating Magnet Cove and taking it one game at a time.

I am sorry. I didn't think about others when I posted that. I was typing at Hoopster. I did miss where he is from though. I am learning a lot about Arkansas small towns through this tournament!

Rothie

[quote author=HOOPSTER link=topic=135158.msg2950794#msg2950794 As for "ROTHIE" you know for a fact the story with the girl from Genoa and the other half of the team that is from Hope!!!!! But keeping kidding yourself.
[/quote]
I know that all but Medina that get quality minutes have been going to SH for a very long time if not their whole life so it is what it is.

ak58

I'm still very confused on where people get the idea that SH girls are from hope? That's really hilarious. Y'all are 100% correct about Medina being originally from genoa. But every other player has lived in Spring Hill for most if not all their lives. It's just hilarious how outsiders that are not apart of the community want to get online  and tell untrue rumors about teenagers? Act like adults people. This site should be about playing the game of basketball. Y'all have turned it into something completely different.

OwlsR1

Its just human nature to dog on someone that is good.  I am sure Magnet Cove gets the same kind of crap about getting players from Malvern.  Genoa baseball players from Texarkana.  Etc, etc..all over the state.  If the Medinas just came her for their daughter to play ball here why are the building a house?  Some people need to get a life and worry about their own porch. 

ak58

Thank you owlsR1! Glad you understand. But that's just the thing, we don't have any players from hope! The two schools don't get along. And I'm sure you know the "other" reason why we don't get players from Hope. Their happy where their at and we're doing pretty good I'd say with our own.

HOOPSTER

U people can justify yourselves all you want. Some teams make to state tournaments by default. like 7A football, some make the playoffs with a 2-8 record. I guess they deserve it right? Didn't say any girls were from Hope, they just live there and don't get me started about kids from Texarkana playing baseball from Genoa. They come from everywhere. Some how there coach gets to coach in summer time with those players and other players play for him in the summer and some how get to go to school there next year. Guess summer team is like a try out. But we don't have to play them so who cares what they do. I just want everyone on same playing field. If we had a kid from Arkadelphia play for us then everyone would be saying we did something illegal. Why is ok for some and not others? If SH girls wins it then good for them. If they don't, then they should have. I just said it looked like after the first round and seeing all the teams that no one is as talented as they are and should not be able to beat them. I am done til after the tournament is over. maybe til football season.

True Fan

Steves68Nova

Banks of Boggy

Quote from: HOOPSTER on March 09, 2014, 07:07:29 pm
and don't get me started about kids from Texarkana playing baseball from Genoa. They come from everywhere. Some how there coach gets to coach in summer time with those players and other players play for him in the summer and some how get to go to school there next year. Guess summer team is like a try out.

It seems obvious your kid didn't make the Genoa team, since you seem to know so much about it.   ::)

bleudog

Hoghead

Go Spring Hill Lady Bears !!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas