• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do you think will be in the Girls finals?

Started by Bball_Fan_2013, February 28, 2014, 11:12:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoxNOne

Elvis

True Fan

Quote from: ak58 on March 06, 2014, 01:37:36 pm
why are we bringing up the 2012 tourney? this is 2014

Just pointing out that underdogs do win games. Hoop contends that some teams are not a threat to get past the first round. I just provided some data that I hoped would get his/her attention.

True Fan

March 06, 2014, 09:22:59 pm #53 Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:26:14 pm by True Fan
No upsets so far, three #1's advance and three #4's go home.

True Fan

Quote from: ak58 on March 06, 2014, 01:32:57 pm
Medina Transferred 2 years ago. rest are home grown.

I don't remember Medina playing for the 2012 team. Are you sure it wasn't last year?

True Fan

nickspicks159

Mountainburg looked good against an overmatched Poyen.

MomaLion

Poyen wasn't hitting anything...I was not impressed at all...Mountainburg looked good.

Rothie

Quote from: True Fan on March 06, 2014, 11:16:24 pm

Quote from: ak58 on March 06, 2014, 01:32:57 pm
Medina Transferred 2 years ago. rest are home grown.

I don't remember Medina playing for the 2012 team. Are you sure it wasn't last year?
Last year was her first year at SH. Played at Genoa as a Soph

HOOPSTER

How did it work out for Poyen? lol (told you so)
Yes SH does have transfers. their best is from Genoa Im not gonna tell you her connection to SH. it is kind of shady.
another one or two are living in Hope I was told.
But either way. They will Win it !! or should.

HOOPSTER

No AK58 or whoever u are. They are not all homegrown!!!
Tell everyone why the girl from Genoa transferred to SH..............

OwlsR1

Poopster, I mean Hoopster is just some clown trying to stir stuff up with their 11 posts.  True fan just wants to bring up that year because that is the only time they have beaten us.  Smoked them 4 times in a row and didn't play well at all at their place.  Really no motivation after smoking them 4 times in a row.  But, we all know you can get beat any given night.

MomaLion

Quote from: HOOPSTER on March 07, 2014, 08:37:53 am
Yes SH does have transfers. their best is from Genoa Im not gonna tell you her connection to SH. it is kind of shady.
Really? Are you 12??? Poyen was clearly outmatched last night but that just shows how good Mountainburg is...nothing to do with SH.

Steves68Nova

Quote from: MomaLion on March 07, 2014, 12:22:55 pm
Quote from: HOOPSTER on March 07, 2014, 08:37:53 am
Really? Are you 12??? Poyen was clearly outmatched last night but that just shows how good Mountainburg is...nothing to do with SH.

Thanks Momalion. I was going to say the same thing. I like how he (or she) puts all these innuendos in his messages and how he knows all the secrets. All it takes is a couple of girls with the hot hand and a few missed shots on your teams side and your team is gone. At this level you better be ready each game because each team has proved they can play. Seldom do teams make it this far without some talent.

HOOPSTER

is there another team is the state tournament that I haven't seen yet? because all the one's i seen play yesterday aint much!!!!
I have a stronger feeling about the SH bunch now. should be easier than I thought. I want good games but just don't see it happening. I just keep stirring the pot, isn't that what this is all about? Having fun, bulletin board material? Wait til FB season. We will have a new coach and things will get better in GO Devil Land!!!!!

True Fan

Quote from: OwlsR1 on March 07, 2014, 08:47:27 am
True fan just wants to bring up that year because that is the only time they have beaten us.  Smoked them 4 times in a row and didn't play well at all at their place.  Really no motivation after smoking them 4 times in a row. 

Trying to be nice. I did not even mention who put them out that year.

Smoked 4 in a row? Work on your data, It is 5 straight wins by SH over MC. 2 last year regular season, one at state, and 2 this year. There was one 19 point when when MC didn't play well and the rest of the games were far from blowouts. 2491

Motivation? Ask the seniors who got mercy ruled at the state tournament how they feel about MC. One of them told me last year that their greatest rival was MC. They are extremely motivated when they face MC. According to an article in the paper, they have won every game by 20+ except against MC. (The paper mentioned the 1 point win, I guess they don't realize that 19>20)
I'll add something else to this. These girls were extremely motivated when the faced MC at state last year. If they had kept the same focus that that had against MC, they probably would have won it all. 

The bottom line is that Spring Hill is better this year than they have been the last two years. If they are hitting on all cylinders, I don't know if anybody will beat them. I have nothing but respect for the team. If all goes as expected, I'll get to watch them play again on Monday.

True Fan

Quote from: MomaLion on March 07, 2014, 07:23:16 am
Poyen wasn't hitting anything...I was not impressed at all...Mountainburg looked good.

I've seen Poyen really hot and really cold. More to do with them than the opponent. Did Mountainburg play great defense and shut them down, or did Poyen just make them look good?

Steves68Nova

Quote from: True Fan on March 07, 2014, 02:50:52 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on March 07, 2014, 07:23:16 am

I've seen Poyen really hot and really cold. More to do with them than the opponent. Did Mountainburg play great defense and shut them down, or did Poyen just make them look good?

While Mountainburg has three girls who can score big numbers their forte is defense. I have watched many teams that lived by defense and when they could not get in the passing lanes they lost big. These girls have not had that happen yet this year. They are go getters. They have two smaller girls that play like spider women. The balls seem to just stick to their fingers when they are cutting in the passing lanes.

MomaLion

Dr. Gonzo

I'm not one to get into the rumor mill but hoopster is right on this one the medina girls transfer is a little shady and it involves the coach! These are facts not rumors.

BoxNOne

Rothie

Quote from: Dr. Gonzo on March 07, 2014, 05:36:15 pm
I'm not one to get into the rumor mill but hoopster is right on this one the medina girls transfer is a little shady and it involves the coach! These are facts not rumors.
Really folks? Anything will be said to explain why one team is better then other.  Seriously!!!
Maybe she got tired of getting mercy ruled against them and thought that she could help them maybe make a title run.

HOOPSTER

ME and GONZO know whats up. you other pretenders quit acting like you know something cause you don't. They will win it anyway. we are just stating facts.

BoxNOne

Some coaches need an all star team before they can win. Sounds like SH may be one of them.

ak58

Medina dates the coaches son. So if you call that shady then okay. That's your own personal opinion. The Knox girl was originally from Camden, but her family moved to Spring Hill when She was in the THIRD GRADE. The Rest are home grown.

ak58

And Every player on the team lives in the district.

HOOPSTER

Yea whatever!! is that what yall tell Hope?

OwlsR1

Our district just went through round 4 or 5 of making sure students were eligible...amazing...all of our girls live in the district.  All but maybe 2 have been going there their whole lives.  Again...get a life.  I bet you can't wait for football again to blow another state title.  Gurdon should have one the last 2 and going for a third...ha, ha, ha!  Get a life.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas