• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHO WINS IT ALL?

Started by mtindian42, February 23, 2014, 09:42:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

cedar ridge or Clarendon is who I like. haven't seen eather play. just going by what I have seen on here.

thabeast428

Jc and Bearden will be tough as well

mtindian42

I seen the game on dsn. my take on those 2 is that neather guard the 3 ball well. but both guard the paint well. beardens 2 3 zone needs to tighten up more and close out on shooters better. and they can not shoot free throws at all. and as for jc the bell kid and the Tyrus kid can carry them to the title. and brown can flat out knock down the 3 so they do have what it takes. but Cr or Clarendon will take home the title.

Lionfan 18

I like Cedar Ridge to win it all, maybe get challenged by Junction City. Too much experience and discipline.

MomaLion

I appreciate the confidence in Clarendon but if they don't play better than they did last night they won't get there. I'm expecting maybe the semis.

BigLion10

Don't count out JC or England just yet they may have some say England and Clarendon look to have a battle Saturday night with the east region title on the line gonna be a good one if that matchup happens

ASURedWolf6

Don't sleep on teams from the 2A-3.. Had at least two teams in the semifinals the past two years. Last year the north had 3 of 4 teams in the semifinals the exception being JC.

BIC and EPC can play with anyone in the state and could make a deep run.

BigLion10

Agreed this years field is deeper than has been in a while there's about 7or 8 teams that can make a deep run

brock

BearFan12

Cedar will be tuff to beat and until somebody beats them they are my pick. But good luck to every one. There is some really good teams in AA.

mtindian42

February 23, 2014, 10:29:41 pm #10 Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:01:13 pm by mtindian42
I'm sorry I forgot about Bic and coach Taylor. they will be in the hunt. but still think its Cr or Clarendon's to lose.

thabeast428

Of course I'm going with JC but I know cedar ridge is gonna be tough. We should see how things will look after we get through regionals

ISU7

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 23, 2014, 09:42:52 am
cedar ridge or Clarendon is who I like. haven't seen eather play. just going by what I have seen on here.
CR or JC mark it down...

MomaLion

Well, since they are in the same bracket, one will have to eliminate the other so there won't be a CR/JC final.  That opens the final game up to anybody.

thabeast428

How r they in the same bracket when they still haven't played regionals yet?

MomaLion

I don't think there are very many people on here that don't believe Junction City and Cedar Ridge will each emerge winners of their regions.  Of course there are lots of people that would like to knock them off in the process but odds are very good they will be the top winners and will then be in the same bracket.  I hope i'm wrong and there is an upset in there somewhere but i'm not anticipating one.

THA TRUTH

I kinda hope cedar ridge loses so they can be opposite side lol

MomaLion

MDXPHD

JC will win.  Way too athletic and CR doesn't match up to them well.  JC will only lose to a team that can match them athletically.

mtindian42

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 25, 2014, 08:35:20 am
JC will win.  Way too athletic and CR doesn't match up to them well.  JC will only lose to a team that can match them athletically.
QuoteEPC thought the same thing last year... but who has the ring? are y'all better then that epc team?

THA TRUTH

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 25, 2014, 11:31:09 am
QuoteEPC thought the same thing last year... but who has the ring? are y'all better then that epc team?

Maybe not sure and could never tell but jc is more athletic without a doubt

thabeast428

Now ur bringing up the past. The better team won so the better team will win this yr no matter who wins. But it would be cool to see jc bring home another title to go alone with the others

MDXPHD

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 25, 2014, 11:31:09 am

EPC was good last year, especially with Monk.  In no way were they as athletic as JC is this year.  JC is winning the majority of their games primarily on their athleticism alone.  It's hard to keep up with them and it's hard to run your offense on them.

bdubyab60

It snot like CR doesnt have athletes. Not as many as JC for sure. But what they lack in that category they more than make up for by playing disiplined and shooting the lights out. Its a contrast in styles but you best believe it takes more than athletes to beat CR.

THA TRUTH

Well I guess it's a good thing jc has gamers as well as athletes so let's just hope these two meet up

brock

CR also has imo one of the best coaches in the state.  There is no telling how many sets and continuities they run.

THA TRUTH

Well I will tell u this jc coach is awful

mtindian42

if jc coverd the 3 like they did against bearden. against Cr. Cr would beat them by 20... with that said if jc covers the 3 then I think they could rout Cr. because jc inside defence is tough...just my opinion...

THA TRUTH

Jc coach apparently doesn't know that zone defense isn't meant to stop 3 point shooting teams if he mans up ok the shooters I think they have a chance

mtindian42

if you are going to play zone at least trap the coiners. are that's what I would do anyways. if I was yawls coach with all those athletes... I would play like the hogs of the old days a 2 2 1 full court press...form the time I got of the bus the pressure would be on lol...

Dragon I

THA TRUTH

That would be amazing if he would but doubtful

mtindian42

1 3 1 traping zone is a good one as well...

MomaLion

Clarendon plays like that once they get going, that's how they get so many steals.

brock

An extended 1-3-1 can be tough to beat if the team is athletic and long.

THA TRUTH

That's what epc ran that shut down jc last year with monk up top

MDXPHD

Quote from: brock on February 25, 2014, 06:14:52 pm
CR also has imo one of the best coaches in the state.  There is no telling how many sets and continuities they run.

This is hilarious.

brock

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 01, 2014, 10:14:14 pm

This is hilarious.

Please elaborate on why you find it hilarious.

Batman44

Don't know who will win it all, just know WHO I want to win it all. That would be CR. haven't seen any of the other teams, except BIC, but if CR is at full strength, it will take a great effort to beat them. One of the most disciplined teams you could ask for, and a joy to watch. Hope to see them in Hot Springs.

mtindian42

going in to this I liked Cr as my favorite but I got to say after the regionals I'm kinda leaning toward Clarendon.

The_Devil_Himself

Blevins. I heard they beat Bearden and Junction City both like step-children.

thabeast428

March 02, 2014, 06:03:46 pm #41 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:06:44 pm by thabeast428
Jc came back in 3 mins from a blevins 17 pt lead in the 4th to get with in 4. If jc would of played like that earlier in the game it could of been different. Jc will be ready come Thurs and just bc they got beat by 8  by blevins which is their 1st loss doesn't mean there not good enough to win state. I'm still pulling for jc especially since we're gonna be closer to home like blevins was last night. I just hope jc meets Blevins in the finals. 

MomaLion

Ok, of course I want Clarendon to win but I have to say that nobody had mentioned Brinkley...they have really impressed me these last few games.

Kendanj@hotmail.com

It's anybody's ball game right now cause if u wasn't good u wouldn't be there ! I'm a Blevins fan an will be rooting for them cause the are playing AWSOME ball rt now

aroundthehorn1

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 02, 2014, 04:22:33 pm
going in to this I liked Cr as my favorite but I got to say after the regionals I'm kinda leaning toward Clarendon.
I wouldn't back out on CR because of regionals! I think they played well the whole regional tournament but I think everyone should have learned a lot about BIC from that game. They are definitely contenders now for sure! Good luck to all the teams and safe travels to all the fans

MDXPHD

Quote from: brock on March 02, 2014, 09:03:42 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on March 01, 2014, 10:14:14 pm

This is hilarious.

Please elaborate on why you find it hilarious.

Because he isn't in the top ten coaches in the state.  He has been beyond lucky to have the pairs of brothers at CR.  They play however they want to because of their knowledge of the game, which they didn't get from that coach. 

mom18

Quote from: thabeast428 on March 02, 2014, 06:03:46 pm
Jc came back in 3 mins from a blevins 17 pt lead in the 4th to get with in 4. If jc would of played like that earlier in the game it could of been different. Jc will be ready come Thurs and just bc they got beat by 8  by blevins which is their 1st loss doesn't mean there not good enough to win state. I'm still pulling for jc especially since we're gonna be closer to home like blevins was last night. I just hope jc meets Blevins in the finals. 

From what I heard, if Blevins big man wasn't hurt, JC would have gotten beat even worse!!

Dr. Gonzo

If Blevins big man would have been at %100 percent it would have been scary for JC, I have not seen CR play live but, from everything I have read I know they are the favorite and have some great ball players. JC has some of the best athletes I have seen in years but they don't have the direction to win it all, far too concerned with dunking and alley oops and their half court game is weak as Blevins exposed Sat. Night! If everything goes as I foresee it and I'm not a cleric by any means, but the winner of the CR Blevins semi game will be your state champs, don't sleep on Blevins they play team and have some great shooters and that #24 Kirkham kid will own the boards as he did against 6'6 Bell and that crazy high flying 6'5 tyrus Grayson of JC!

mtindian42

I'm watching the game on dsn right now and all Blevins really did was slow them down and take away the inside if I was epc I would follow that blue print...

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Can someone tell me what to go to so I can see the game between jc and blevins

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas