• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corning Open

Started by 69RFan, January 22, 2019, 11:02:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

69RFan

OB11

Quote from: 69RFan on January 22, 2019, 11:02:43 am
Per AAA website

Can someone refresh my memory on who was the head coach? I can't recall his name. And where is he going?

Missco

Yeti cups are a bad thing. The coach was caught stealing again.

i40traveler

beach bum

Quote from: Missco on January 22, 2019, 11:50:33 am

Lol please tell me this is a joke.

Arkansasprofit

It's not a joke about the Yeti Cup.

Jimbo Morphis

This has to be a great story. Would love to hear more about this cup.

Da Truff

Quote from: Missco on January 22, 2019, 11:50:33 am

Again?  What did he steal the last time?

hsindian

Quote from: Da Truff on January 23, 2019, 09:00:57 am
Again?  What did he steal the last time?
Jon boat last time. Yeti may have cost more than the boat.

OB11

Is he leaving on his own? Or is the school actually getting rid of him for something?

Trojanbird

What a role model he has become!

Dayton Kitchens

I should apply as I care nothing for boats and have my own Yeti cups already.

Oh right.   I DID apply.    Last time.

Missco

January 23, 2019, 11:31:39 am #12 Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:37:10 am by Missco
He resigned is my understanding. He is no longer employed.

MR#1

January 23, 2019, 12:05:46 pm #13 Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 04:00:36 pm by MR#1
So, he'll probably create and host a youtube channel fishing show sporting a Corning hat and t-shirt with a Yeti, fishing out of a jon boat. (And, all who watch will wonder where the fishing equipment came from.)

Trojanbird

Quote from: MR#1 on January 23, 2019, 12:05:46 pm
So, he'll probably create and host a youtube channel fishing show sporting a Corning hat and t-shirt with a Yeti, fishing out of a jon boat. (And, all who watch will wonder where the fishing equipment came from.)
Hearing that he resigned as the football coach, but the school has created a fishing team, yep - he is the new coach!  He has a knack for acquiring the proper equipment!

Arkansasprofit

From the Clay County Courier:

The Corning School Board held a special meeting at 6 P.M. on January 17, 2019 with all members present except Billy Allen, who was unable to attend.  Among the items addressed by the Corning School Board in their January 17 meeting, was the resignation of teacher and Corning High School Football Coach Joey Moseley began coaching the Bobcats in 2017-2018 school year.  Superintendent Kellee Smith stated that Moseley reported health problems as a reason for his resignation.  Smith said that the board accepted his resignation and look to move forward.  A motion was made by Vickie Robinson and seconded by Kirk Scobey to accept the resignation of Joey Moseley as teacher and head football coach effective at the end of the contract year.  The motion carried 4-0.  The search will soon begin for a new football coach.

Jay 9192

Sounds like a school trying to save face!

WHITEchicken

This is a joke right? Please tell the story if not. I love hearing a good story about coaches and Jon boats

sportsfreak12

Nope not a joke.  He has some serious issues that he needs to address before coaching at another school. He did return the Yeti cup after he was seen on camera taking it. That is not the reason he resigned though, but it didn't help his case.  This man is a real piece of work that is for sure.

Arkansasprofit

I heard the Yeti Cup is not what got him fired either.  Joey Moseley has an interview with White Hall today for the head football coaching position, and that is his hometown. 

GotInfo?

He won't get it and doubt the interview actually happens.  Will be hard for anyone to hire him with this stuff on his record and we haven't even talked about his W/L record as a HC.

shiloh forever

Quote from: WHITEchicken on January 25, 2019, 09:26:30 am
This is a joke right? Please tell the story if not. I love hearing a good story about coaches and Jon boats
I heard the Smackover coach is riding his jon boat back to Texas. White chicken can you comment on this?

WHITEchicken

He has a big expensive boat since he is from Texas.

beach bum

Quote from: GotInfo? on January 25, 2019, 10:33:33 am
He won't get it and doubt the interview actually happens.  Will be hard for anyone to hire him with this stuff on his record and we haven't even talked about his W/L record as a HC.

At least they were improving in the win column each year............ Oh wait nevermind

by-stander

So who's gonna get this job?

Arkansasprofit

My question is who actually does the hiring? 

we_hate_the_band

ea cat

What is the hunting and fishing like there?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ea cat on January 29, 2019, 10:25:46 am
What is the hunting and fishing like there?
Do you already have a boat?

threepeoplematter

Quote from: Oldman on January 29, 2019, 12:13:59 pm
Do you already have a boat?

Could probably pick one up somewhere around there..............

ea cat

Naw Oldman. Thought I would swing by your neighborhood.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ea cat on January 29, 2019, 02:56:22 pm
Naw Oldman. Thought I would swing by your neighborhood.
My boat stays at Copperhead.

ea cat

To many snakes there. Just fish from the bank then. Lol

Cougar2004

Anybody heard anything on the next potential coach?

Trojanbird

I heard that they are still trying to round up all the missing boats and yeti cups!

Arkansasprofit

Quote from: Trojanbird on February 06, 2019, 09:52:10 am
I heard that they are still trying to round up all the missing boats and yeti cups!

WOW!!!!  Sounds like you know more than the average bear!!!!!  I hear nobody in town knows anything.  I guess they didn't look at getting a committee to help with the search?

sportsfreak12

No it will be the same people that hired Mosely.  So we all probably already know the outcome. It will be the good ole boy routine. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: sportsfreak12 on February 07, 2019, 09:18:22 am
No it will be the same people that hired Mosely.  So we all probably already know the outcome. It will be the good ole boy routine.
You don't seem very enthused about the search committee

Arkansasprofit

Anyone know of a coach here is the contact information.  Maybe third time is a charm? 

Job Description

Head Football Coach
Position Type:  Full-time 
Positions Available:  1 
• Job Category :  Athletics & Activities > Coaching 

Equal Opportunity Employer

Corning School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.

Job Requirements
• Must have a current Arkansas Teaching Certificate, be eligible to receive Arkansas Teaching Certificate prior to employment, or be eligible for reciprocity. You may send your Resume to Ralph L. Morrow, Jr., PO Box 479, Corning, Ar 72422, fax to 870-857-5086, or email to ralph.morrow@corning.k12.ar.us
• At least 5 years of relevant experience preferred
• Bachelor degree preferred
• Citizenship, residency or work visa required

Contact Information
Ralph Morrow , Athletic Director
P.O. Box 479
500 Bobcat Lane
Corning, Arkansas 72422
Phone: 870-857-6818
Fax: 870-857-5086

Beaver Fever

Bachelor degree preferred ? 

Jimbo Morphis

Boater education required?

Cougar2004

purpleswag

1wildcat

Losing more games than the previous coach a firing offense?

birddawg1986

Looks like Larry Treadway of Walnut Ridge is the NEW Corning Bobcats football coach.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 14, 2019, 07:27:35 am
Looks like Larry Treadway of Walnut Ridge is the NEW Corning Bobcats football coach.
Well good luck to him he's gonna need it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas