• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quitman?

Started by mrknowitall, February 12, 2016, 08:59:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mrknowitall

What happened there? Anyone know?

bigworm

haven't heard a thing. what are you hearing?

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: mrknowitall on February 12, 2016, 08:59:36 am
What happened there? Anyone know?
This is what i was told, He went into school this Past Monday and Resigned as Head Football Coach and History Teacher effective immediately.  School Board accepted his resignation at the School Board Meeting. Don't know where he is going or anything else.  School is actively searching for a new Head Coach.  Thats all!

mrknowitall

bigworm

During. Hate to hear that for Quitman. Especially trey and the seniors. Seems like he was doing a good job with them.

Pat Swilling

what is the situation in Quitman?

purpleswag

Saw that they had the best season in a long time this year. Maybe he's looking to jump ship to a more successful program

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 15, 2016, 08:46:21 am
what is the situation in Quitman?
I'm guessing it hasn't changed over the weekend.

Pat Swilling

JH team successful in 2015?

mrknowitall

Have heard he is going to Paragould in some capacity.

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: mrknowitall on February 18, 2016, 08:50:04 pm
Have heard he is going to Paragould in some capacity.
Where did you hear that from.  We had 40 apply for our Football Coaching Job.  Will let everyone know who gets it.

Footballguru16

Heard former coach was headed to Paragould by one of the asst. at Paragould. Has anyone heard who is gonna get the job in Quitman or anyone who is interviewing?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Footballguru16 on February 29, 2016, 01:20:07 pm
Heard former coach was headed to Paragould by one of the asst. at Paragould. Has anyone heard who is gonna get the job in Quitman or anyone who is interviewing?

Well,  I didn't make the cut for interviews so it shows their judgment is deeply flawed at best.

Rida4Life

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 29, 2016, 10:57:50 pm
Well,  I didn't make the cut for interviews so it shows their judgment is deeply flawed at best.

I don't care who you are, that's funny! 

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 01, 2016, 01:54:57 pm
I don't care who you are, that's funny! 

All coaches desperately need a real sense of humor.

Pat Swilling

Does Quitman stress football

STATGUYQHS

Started interviewing yesterday for the Head Coaching Job.  Will post who gets the job when I know.

minerjack

Quote from: Pat Swilling on March 02, 2016, 08:22:44 am
Does Quitman stress football
Obviously not if it's taken them this long to start interviews.

Pat Swilling

places like Quitman are in no hurry.  they will not put new guy under contract till next July

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Pat Swilling on March 11, 2016, 08:43:29 am
places like Quitman are in no hurry.  they will not put new guy under contract till next July

That is a staggeringly huge mistake.    Especially at a small school.    May 1sts should be the absolute latest.

Over the last decade or more I can think of only one example where a coach came in relatively late and had a successful first season.   IIRC that was one year at Lafayette County.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 11, 2016, 11:53:31 am
That is a staggeringly huge mistake.    Especially at a small school.    May 1sts should be the absolute latest.

Over the last decade or more I can think of only one example where a coach came in relatively late and had a successful first season.   IIRC that was one year at Lafayette County.

Quitman? Successful?

BigLion10

STATGUYQHS

Congrats to Brian Narretto Quitman's New Head Football Coach!

bigworm

He come from Conway Christian?

STATGUYQHS

Humble

Quitman is looking for a DC now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas