• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All star game

Started by mr.gametime, January 21, 2016, 11:34:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.gametime

Just saw where McCrorys football coach. ..Chris Kennon...has been named coach of the east squad. ..Cade Campbell and kagen rogo will also be playing in the all star game

Just My Opinion

Is there a link to the roster yet?

wake up

Quote from: Just My Opinion on January 21, 2016, 02:46:12 pm
Is there a link to the roster yet?
Go to the 3-A board, it has the rosters for both the East and West.

bulldog

Well look who woke up....WAKE UP.  Sooooo, you never answered my question on PM and I never received a call about meeting at AAA office.  AND, if you take a look at the All Star rosters you will see that I was correct about the change in selection process for the teams.  I totally agreed with you on how ALL STATE was selected, but this year the ALL STAR has changed.  Do you not agree? Not trying to be cute, that is an honest question.

mrkingark

Quote from: bulldog on January 21, 2016, 07:26:40 pm
Well look who woke up....WAKE UP.  Sooooo, you never answered my question on PM and I never received a call about meeting at AAA office.  AND, if you take a look at the All Star rosters you will see that I was correct about the change in selection process for the teams.  I totally agreed with you on how ALL STATE was selected, but this year the ALL STAR has changed.  Do you not agree? Not trying to be cute, that is an honest question.

Why was Anfernne Davis from CC is left off, I think he won best back in 3AA?  If the selection process has changed where it does not take one of the best backs in AA, then its a joke...bout the same way the AAA is!

HorseFeathers

wake up

January 22, 2016, 02:58:16 pm #6 Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:19:27 pm by wake up
Quote from: bulldog on January 21, 2016, 07:26:40 pm
Well Mr. bulldog, I stand corrected the form has changed but the process is still the same. The all-star coaches do not select the players. They accept the players that are sent to the AAA from all the conference paper work and if they are short then they will pick up the best next best player. It's usually a player that his Coach is on the all-star staff. Looking at the East roster I see McCrory has 2 so I would assume since McCrory's Coach is on the staff he got to add one of his players to the roster! Since we're on the subject, I see where players from Atkins and HA were the outstanding lineman and back in their conference. You say you were in The coaches office when Charlie Sorrels was discussing the new form but Charlie's worked enough all-star games to know the process has'nt changed. Tell Charlie I said hi, he's one of my best coaching friends that I've known for a very long time. ' I'm Out'!

jbtiger73

Seen DeQuan Greene from Brinkley didn't make it either. Not all star or all state. That to me, is a bunch of BS. You can call me what you want. But im sure most of you that seen him play will agree with me.

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 22, 2016, 03:48:39 pm
Seen DeQuan Greene from Brinkley didn't make it either. Not all star or all state. That to me, is a bunch of BS. You can call me what you want. But im sure most of you that seen him play will agree with me.
I agree 100%! Bull crap!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Nobody from des arc made it either

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 22, 2016, 04:01:01 pm

Nobody from des arc made it either
Its a joke jmo. My son stats from his freshman year and junior year were pretty good.He was on the Hootens watch list last year on Defense. This year his stats were not near as good he is all state all star. Didn't get to see the boys from DA but no they should have couple there as well as kid from Brinkley o well sorry for rant but kids need to be there that deserve it.

playmaker04

The problem is Anfernee Davis was chosen! He and Holden Byassee were both told after the conference handed down its awards that they were both picked to play in the All-Star game. This kid was told he was an All-Star. But from what I understand the rules changed this year and the All-Star Coaches picked the team. That is a shame and a travesty if Kennon and his coaches left kids off the roster that were already told they were going to be a representative of their respected conferences. This game means nothing but it means a whole lot to a kid that was told he had made it. So that's the difference in Anfernees situation and someone crying because they didn't make it. HE WAS TOLD HE WAS AN ALL-STAR! I just wonder who else got screwed.

Idoknow

January 23, 2016, 12:10:25 pm #12 Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:39:18 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: playmaker04 on January 23, 2016, 09:50:56 am
The problem is Anfernee Davis was chosen! He and Holden Byassee were both told after the conference handed down its awards that they were both picked to play in the All-Star game. This kid was told he was an All-Star. But from what I understand the rules changed this year and the All-Star Coaches picked the team. That is a shame and a travesty if Kennon and his coaches left kids off the roster that were already told they were going to be a representative of their respected conferences. This game means nothing but it means a whole lot to a kid that was told he had made it. So that's the difference in Anfernees situation and someone crying because they didn't make it. HE WAS TOLD HE WAS AN ALL-STAR! I just wonder who else got screwed.
You need to check with Coach Williams, the all-star staff does not select the players. They are selected by the Coaches in the Conference! I think the AAA has a new selection process where the staff might over look one player and pick a player at a needed position. This is probably what happened to Davis.

playmaker04

No,Steve is the one who told me they changed the format and the All-Star Coaches chose. Because when the 3-2a had their meeting to choose the conference awards Anfernee and Byassee both were picked AllStars
I talked to Steve today.

playmaker04

If the AAA did that as you are saying that's bull$*it because the kid had already been told he made it

mcnewfamily

they did change the format but from my understanding of this each team got to submit 2 names from their team the the coach or coach's got to choose the players. with that said they were allowed to pick who they wanted but was only allowed 2 players at a position so if they were say 6 or more rb's selected they only could pick 2. in this case i think he was only listed at 1 position. should have listed him at more than one pos.i think thisw is a crappy format and players that deserve to play get left off because of this.

Missco

They need to go back to the old format if the above is true.

big E

Greene not being on the all star team at linebacker is crazy. He was a beast on defence.

JC Guy

All the kids that are playing LB in that game are beast.

playmaker04

Just a shame that the AAA can't find a spot on this team for a kid who rushed for almost 7000 yards in his career. He was told he made it. Not sure if Steve and the other Conference coaches were unaware of the change or what. But the right thing to do would be to put Anfernee on that roster and anybody that thinks otherwise are idiots. When you talk about all stars how many teams relied on one player as much as Cross County? Not many.

Idoknow

Quote from: playmaker04 on January 25, 2016, 09:55:36 am
Just a shame that the AAA can't find a spot on this team for a kid who rushed for almost 7000 yards in his career. He was told he made it. Not sure if Steve and the other Conference coaches were unaware of the change or what. But the right thing to do would be to put Anfernee on that roster and anybody that thinks otherwise are idiots. When you talk about all stars how many teams relied on one player as much as Cross County? Not many.
Playmaker do you know if Willams had Davis listed at two positions, one for Off. and one for Def. I think the AAA changed because most Conference were sending in mostly QB's and Running Backs on Off. and LB's and DB's on Def. leaving the staff's with very small # of Lineman for both sides of the ball. What I don't understand is how they can by pass Davis and take the # 2 back from Earle?

mcnewfamily

not saying it's right it's a horrible format imo. davis should get to play. don't know for sure but think he was only listed for one pos. still yet he would have played.imo. who was the rb's that made it?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Sounds to me like someone should have kept their mouth shut and not told him he made it when he really didnt. That's the person you should have a problem with.

Dogg

Quote from: Idoknow on January 25, 2016, 10:55:56 am
Playmaker do you know if Willams had Davis listed at two positions, one for Off. and one for Def. I think the AAA changed because most Conference were sending in mostly QB's and Running Backs on Off. and LB's and DB's on Def. leaving the staff's with very small # of Lineman for both sides of the ball. What I don't understand is how they can by pass Davis and take the # 2 back from Earle?
Earle did not have a rb selected to play

Idoknow

Quote from: Dogg on January 25, 2016, 06:36:01 pm
Quote from: Idoknow on January 25, 2016, 10:55:56 am
Earle did not have a rb selected to play
What position does Marcus Brown play?

Dogg

Idoknow

Quote from: Dogg on January 25, 2016, 07:11:49 pm
WR
Some of the Coaches in Conference tell me he also plays RB in the Wildcat formation!

Dogg

Earle does not run the wildcat. He took some direct snaps against CC. He was selected because of his playmaking ability at receiver.

mrkingark

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 25, 2016, 12:16:33 pm

Sounds like they just told top 2 vote getters in each category they made it, like in the past.  The changes were made and the coaches didn't fill papers out right.  The guy from earle made it, over the 2 from earle that made all-state....weird!

Sounds to me like someone should have kept their mouth shut and not told him he made it when he really didnt. That's the person you should have a problem with.

LadyCougar

The same can be said for Tre Burks of LC. He holds #6 spot all time rushing record in Ark but he didn't make this all star roster. Burks carried his team for the past 3 years. But oh well. With or without this all star game great kids are destined for great things.
Congrats to those that made it

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas