• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A ALL STATE TEAM

Started by heavyhittaz_7, December 14, 2015, 09:33:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heavyhittaz_7

Congratulations to these young men who were named to the 2a all state team.

L. Jerry Andrews- Cross county
L. Holden Byassee- Cross county
B. Anfernee Davis- Cross county
L. Cortez Banks- Earle
B. Richard Merritt- Earle
B. De'Angelo Griffin- Marked Tree
L. Haden Dodd- Hackett
B. Bryce Elmore- Hackett
B. Tanner Gaines- Hector
L. Colton Garrison- Hector
B. Clayton Stevenson- Mountainburg
L. Jacob Jarvis- Union Christian Academy
L. Carter Bramkett- Conway Christian
B. Jakob Henry- Conway Christian
B. Brayden Brazeal- England
B. Xavier Iverson- England
L. Bj Thompson-Engald
L. Zac Stewart- Poyen
B. Colt Covington- Des Arc
L. Donovan Gurley- Hazen
L. Khalid Mills- Hazen
B. Logan Penn- Hazen
L. Cade Campbell- McCrory
B. Kaigen Rogo- McCrory
B Jackie Harvell- Gurdon
L. Jackson Kirkpatrick- Gurdon
L. Tre Burks- Lafayette county
B. Jesse Lowry- Mount ida
L. Tj Wilson- Mount ida
L. Jacob Crowe- Spring hill
L. Samuel Williams- Bearden
B. Monta Thomas- Hermitage
L. Matthew Freeman- Junction city
B. Desmond Jackson- Parkers chapel
L. Trey Bowlin- Rison
B. Bryson Marks- Rison

curtain caller

Congratulations to ALL of you! Your hard work and dedication has payed off. Good job.

Cade and Rogo you've made  the small town of McCrory proud! Keep your heart in the game and great things will come your way! !

JAGS60

McCrory ol Green should have made it.

curtain caller

I agree Chauncie Green is a beast! He should be on that list also. He plays both ways and kickoff.

playmaker04

So should DaQuan Greene of Brinkley

Hornet4ever

Quote from: curtain caller on December 15, 2015, 07:25:27 am
I agree Chauncie Green is a beast! He should be on that list also. He plays both ways and kickoff.

Dude was all over the place in the state game

RunAndGun431

So should hunter davis #8 MLB from McCrory. Had over 100 tackles

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RunAndGun431 on December 16, 2015, 12:20:59 am

I read where he suffered a hernia in the title game.

Old Scrapper

There are a lot of names left of that could easily be in the list, Drake Ingle from Hazen, The man child from Brinkley for sure should be on it. 

playmaker04

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 16, 2015, 06:06:23 am
There are a lot of names left of that could easily be in the list, Drake Ingle from Hazen, The man child from Brinkley for sure should be on it.
Hazen got 3 Scrapper. Only so many spots I guess.

mcnewfamily

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 16, 2015, 01:10:51 am
Quote from: RunAndGun431 on December 16, 2015, 12:20:59 am

I read where he suffered a hernia in the title game.
think he had it since hackett game.

mcnewfamily

how is this decided and who decides on the selections?

Big Cat Daddy

mr.gametime

I think some guys get left off all state...because they will be playing in the all star game.

Wilcat43

Greene from Brinkley and Ferguson from Hector not on that list!!!!these two guys were the backbone of these two teams who picks these all state teams anyways!?

brown2010

hunter davis and chauncie green

HorseFeathers

Believe it's the coaches that pick them

cuz

Quote from: HF on December 16, 2015, 09:30:28 pm
Believe it's the coaches that pick them
They're also the ones that nominate them....

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: Wilcat43 on December 16, 2015, 09:01:31 pm
Greene from Brinkley and Ferguson from Hector not on that list!!!!these two guys were the backbone of these two teams who picks these all state teams anyways!?
I heard Ferguson was All State All star from a pretty reliable source don't know why his name is not on this list? If someone dose maybe they can explain?

Lumberjackfan1978

heavyhittaz_7

All the coaches from each conference pick em.

wake up

December 16, 2015, 10:58:30 pm #21 Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 11:01:14 pm by wake up
Each 2-A conference gets 6 All State players and if a players name is not on the list above then he didn't make All State. Coaches nominate the players they think are the best Offensive and Defensive players and then vote. The top 3 votes on Off. and Def. are the conference All State players. The ones that gets the most votes on Off. and Def. will play in the All Star game if they are seniors, if not then you drop down to 2nd. or 3rd. The no. 1 All State players on Off. and Def. are usually the Outstanding Back and Outstanding Def. player for that Conference.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: wake up on December 16, 2015, 10:58:30 pm
Each 2-A conference gets 6 All State players and if a players name is not on the list above then he didn't make All State. Coaches nominate the players they think are the best Offensive and Defensive players and then vote. The top 3 votes on Off. and Def. are the conference All State players. The ones that gets the most votes on Off. and Def. will play in the All Star game if they are seniors, if not then you drop down to 2nd. or 3rd. The no. 1 All State players on Off. and Def. are usually the Outstanding Back and Outstanding Def. player for that Conference.

I know in basketball you can be all star and not be all state.

sylvester

One of the best and toughest linebackers McCrory has had is Hunter Davis. He's all-state all the way in my book...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The 6 had lots of players deserving who didn't make it, daylon conway and Jacob Adams from des arc had great seasons

BLUEBLOOD

I would have liked to see Dierks' senior Trendin McKinney make the team.  Looks like he suffered in a year where the conference was loaded at the RB position.  I can't argue with any of the selections.  Congrats to all the kids who made it. 

tacklethis...

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on December 18, 2015, 11:03:07 am
I would have liked to see Dierks' senior Trendin McKinney make the team.  Looks like he suffered in a year where the conference was loaded at the RB position.  I can't argue with any of the selections.  Congrats to all the kids who made it.

+1  Cant see him being left off...

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 18, 2015, 11:44:46 am

Obviously, if I were to look at the list of RBs who made it I would immediately react that "Trendin was better than Crow from SH", "Outlaws made the playoffs, SH didn't", "look at the 3.5 year career that TM had at Dierks"....However, the Crow kid was a very good player and had a great year.  I just think that Trendin was all-state player.  He will be missed by Outlaw fans and I have enjoyed seeing him play for my beloved Outlaws.

tacklethis...

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on December 18, 2015, 01:02:10 pm
Quote from: tacklethis... on December 18, 2015, 11:44:46 am

Obviously, if I were to look at the list of RBs who made it I would immediately react that "Trendin was better than Crow from SH", "Outlaws made the playoffs, SH didn't", "look at the 3.5 year career that TM had at Dierks"....However, the Crow kid was a very good player and had a great year.  I just think that Trendin was all-state player.  He will be missed by Outlaw fans and I have enjoyed seeing him play for my beloved Outlaws.

You always knew when #29 went down there wasn't any yardage left to get!

Donnie Jamon

Conference coaches vote on them.  Or that is how they have been doing it during the coaching meetings at the end of the season. 

bulldog

All of what you just said has changed this year.  Selection to the All Star game is now selected by the ALL STAR coaches on how they feel they want to field a team.  NO MORE AUTOMATIC SELECTIONS. 
Selection process is evaluated by every position.

wake up

Quote from: bulldog on December 29, 2015, 11:34:39 pm

All of what you just said has changed this year.  Selection to the All Star game is now selected by the ALL STAR coaches on how they feel they want to field a team.  NO MORE AUTOMATIC SELECTIONS. 
I don't know where you got your information but nothing has changed! You need to check with your HS Coach and he will tell you it was the the way I stated in my post. Once the All Star Staff is selected they will meet at the AAA office and they will have a list of All Stars from all the conference, 2-A through 7-A then the Staff will break down the Off. And Def. position of each player. There's usually a lot of changes from the first meeting to the first practice, some players deciding not to play and coaches having to add player according to positions.

bulldog

Uh, why don't you call the AAA and tell them that there have not been any changes then.  Because of the fact that players being selected have not been showing up for all star week.  The AAA changed the process this year.  Not trying to start an argument just giving some update on the process this year. 

You are correct on previous selection process.  BUT, where in the past you would have an OUTSTANDING LINEMAN AND BACK selected and those 2 would be automatics to the ALL STAR game.  That is no longer in place.  New this year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wake up on December 31, 2015, 06:57:00 pm
Quote from: bulldog on December 29, 2015, 11:34:39 pm

I don't know where you got your information but nothing has changed! You need to check with your HS Coach and he will tell you it was the the way I stated in my post. Once the All Star Staff is selected they will meet at the AAA office and they will have a list of All Stars from all the conference, 2-A through 7-A then the Staff will break down the Off. And Def. position of each player. There's usually a lot of changes from the first meeting to the first practice, some players deciding not to play and coaches having to add player according to positions.
Quote from: bulldog on December 31, 2015, 10:11:28 pm
Uh, why don't you call the AAA and tell them that there have not been any changes then.  Because of the fact that players being selected have not been showing up for all star week.  The AAA changed the process this year.  Not trying to start an argument just giving some update on the process this year. 

You are correct on previous selection process.  BUT, where in the past you would have an OUTSTANDING LINEMAN AND BACK selected and those 2 would be automatics to the ALL STAR game.  That is no longer in place.  New this year.

I'm going with Bulldog...he told me once that his alter-ego is Batman, and that's enough credibility for me...

wake up

Quote from: bulldog on December 31, 2015, 10:11:28 pm

I am the AAA!

bulldog

Then you might want to WAKE UP and CALL YOURSELF

wake up

Quote from: bulldog on January 01, 2016, 03:42:37 pm
Then you might want to WAKE UP and CALL YOURSELF
"Good One"! If you would really like to know the process, I would gladly meet you at the AAA office in NLR once the All Staff for the East and West are selected and they have their meetings. If you would like, I will PM you.

bulldog

Sounds good.  Give me 5 minutes and check your PM. 

jbtiger73

What kills me, is that DeQuan Greene is not on either  the all state team or the usa today first or second team. Yeah, he might not have had the team around him like most others had. But there was no denying through his effort and talents that he was the best player on the field. But I guess you gotta keep mommy and daddy happy, and let a kid have one and not the other. It's almost like giving a kid a participation trophy. I guess so little Johnny wont get discouraged. It's all a dang joke. Little Johnny is just gon have to suck it up and get over it. That's just life.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 02, 2016, 06:33:27 pm
What kills me, is that DeQuan Greene is not on either  the all state team or the usa today first or second team. Yeah, he might not have had the team around him like most others had. But there was no denying through his effort and talents that he was the best player on the field. But I guess you gotta keep mommy and daddy happy, and let a kid have one and not the other. It's almost like giving a kid a participation trophy. I guess so little Johnny wont get discouraged. It's all a dang joke. Little Johnny is just gon have to suck it up and get over it. That's just life.

Suck it up and get over it, all you can do

JC Guy

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 02, 2016, 06:33:27 pm
I really strongly disagree with the way you handled this. Not cool to down play all the deserving kids accomplishments because you feel this player should have made it.

jbtiger73

Apparently,  yall dont get it either. But I wouldn't expect you to get it either. And Apparently, you haven't seen him play.

purplehajj

Poor pitiful Brinkley because Greene didn't get it He's a great player but the ones in the 6 that received it were the best

Hornet4ever

Quote from: purplehajj on January 04, 2016, 11:29:46 am
Poor pitiful Brinkley because Greene didn't get it He's a great player but the ones in the 6 that received it were the best

Prepare for attack. JB won't like that one.

purplehajj

I know that's why I said it from what I heard Greene is supposed to go to Allstar game so that's why he didn't receive it

jbtiger73

That's the point. Y'all are too young to understand. When I played, you could make both all state and all star teams. All because little Johnny's parents felt it wasn't fair that their kid didn't receive some type of accolade. But we do live in this participation trophy society. So I guess i'll just have to adjust my thinking. But it still sucks though

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 04, 2016, 01:37:43 pm
That's the point. Y'all are too young to understand. When I played, you could make both all state and all star teams. All because little Johnny's parents felt it wasn't fair that their kid didn't receive some type of accolade. But we do live in this participation trophy society. So I guess i'll just have to adjust my thinking. But it still sucks though
I know in '94 I played in All Star game in Baseball and made the All-Arkansas team.  Not real sure when they decided to change that, but it's pretty ridiculous to be limited to one or the other.

JC Guy

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 04, 2016, 01:37:43 pm
I don't know about your conference but in the 8 the parents didn't get a vote.

purplehajj

jbtiger73

It's not about parents voting because they can't. It's about them complaining because their kid didn't get what they feel they deserved. The kids on this list do deserve it. But that doesn't mean you should take it away from others. But then again, that shows your youth in this whole thing.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas