• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why No One Likes the 6

Started by WPWells, December 12, 2015, 10:45:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

littleman

Quote from: Lions84 on December 13, 2015, 09:05:43 pm
Good looking hunting folks used to not like the 6 cause we were a so called one team district cause of Barton's decade of dominance in the 1980s .  This year smacks of SOUR GRAPES.
that's on the Languille River North of Palestine  on the Lindsey farm.

cuz

Quote from: littleman on December 15, 2015, 05:45:07 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on December 13, 2015, 09:05:43 pm
Good looking hunting folks used to not like the 6 cause we were a so called one team district cause of Barton's decade of dominance in the 1980s .  This year smacks of SOUR GRAPES.
that's on the Languille River North of Palestine  on the Lindsey farm.
Thought he texted me the Cache.Boys been in Alaska the last 3 years, glad he's having a great hunt....

curtain caller

Quote from: Lions84 on December 15, 2015, 03:20:29 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on December 14, 2015, 03:54:14 am
One thing about the 6 though is that we will be bitter rivals, but when we aren't playing one another, we cheer the other teams from the 6 on.  If we can't win it, and we can't lol, then I want another from the 6 to get it done.
Amen

+1 to that!

Lions84

Oldcat

Another thing we can all agree on is no matter what conference we are in 2a small town football beats big town football any day.

Bigditchlion

RiverEagle079

Quote from: cuz on December 14, 2015, 11:15:23 am
Quote from: Cheek on December 14, 2015, 06:57:49 am
Quote from: cuz on December 13, 2015, 06:30:34 pm
Felsenthal.....

Felsenthal?   I was so close to Felsenthal  Saturday and Sunday and did not hear one or two shots, when it usually sounds like a war.   I am very close to Jones Lake access, and I can spit in Felsenthal from my stand.   I know I can not hear the entire refuge, but I still have to call BS.
I really don't like being called a liar. You're showing your ignorance about Fesenthal with that statement. There's no way you can hear all of Fwr from Jones lake. I've a camp in Felsenthal, my Brother lives there. I've forgot more about duck hunting than you would ever know. Matter of fact I was hunting ducks when you were born. I train Duck dogs for a living and have guided from Hazen to So. La. Blow that smoke somewhere else this old dog don't by that hunt... If you knew anything about me Cheek is I'm a straight shooter not a top water.....

That's bull the only thing you can hear from jones lake is Pereogeethe Lake and maybe Eagle lake possibly some hunting on the river.  You are talking 65000 acres here no way you can hear all the way across this refuge

Cheek

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on December 16, 2015, 06:40:40 pm
Quote from: cuz on December 14, 2015, 11:15:23 am
Quote from: Cheek on December 14, 2015, 06:57:49 am
Quote from: cuz on December 13, 2015, 06:30:34 pm
Felsenthal.....

Felsenthal?   I was so close to Felsenthal  Saturday and Sunday and did not hear one or two shots, when it usually sounds like a war.   I am very close to Jones Lake access, and I can spit in Felsenthal from my stand.   I know I can not hear the entire refuge, but I still have to call BS.
I really don't like being called a liar. You're showing your ignorance about Fesenthal with that statement. There's no way you can hear all of Fwr from Jones lake. I've a camp in Felsenthal, my Brother lives there. I've forgot more about duck hunting than you would ever know. Matter of fact I was hunting ducks when you were born. I train Duck dogs for a living and have guided from Hazen to So. La. Blow that smoke somewhere else this old dog don't by that hunt... If you knew anything about me Cheek is I'm a straight shooter not a top water.....

That's bull the only thing you can hear from jones lake is Pereogeethe Lake and maybe Eagle lake possibly some hunting on the river.  You are talking 65000 acres here no way you can hear all the way across this refuge

Once again, another person who can not read and comprehend .  I hunt on the refuge off Jones Lake Road.  We border the refuge for a few miles.   My stand sits on the line between Jones Lakr and Blue Lake Slough.   Like I said once again, I CAN NOT HEAR THE ENTIRE REFUGE.  On a still day I can hear a long ways.  The point is I did not see any ducks flying or hear any shotslast weekend.  I have been hunting here for 25 years so I know the area.

cuz

Well what few ducks that were at Felsenthal or gone but I did see 4-5 groups of high flying pintails. Hunted yesterday from day light to 12 and didn't fire a shot. Heard a little shooting in Mudd lake and Pete Wilson but that was all. The Dakota's are supposed to get hit with some pretty strong winter weather so maybe a few ducks will come on down....

Cheek

I wish you luck, but I will not be down there until after Christmas.   Based on the info I provided, you should know what camp I am in, and no it is not Ballards. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I'm telling you south Arkansas guys now, there will not be many ducks down there as long as we have water in the cache and white river bottoms, no reason for them to leave, 10 'S of thousands of acres of flooded crop lands and enough water that they can go where they want.

Mean while we have been having some great hunts this week, a couple posters have seen pictures. Killed a big ole long tailed Drake pintail this morning. Can't wait for 6:37 a.m. to get here, a northerly wind and some upper 30° temperatures and lots of sunshine, should make for another great hunt in the morning.

cuz

December 17, 2015, 11:16:05 am #111 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:10:11 pm by cuz
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 16, 2015, 11:24:44 pm
I'm telling you south Arkansas guys now, there will not be many ducks down there as long as we have water in the cache and white river bottoms, no reason for them to leave, 10 'S of thousands of acres of flooded crop lands and enough water that they can go where they want.

Mean while we have been having some great hunts this week, a couple posters have seen pictures. Killed a big ole long tailed Drake pintail this morning. Can't wait for 6:37 a.m. to get here, a northerly wind and some upper 30° temperatures and lots of sunshine, should make for another great hunt in the morning.
Got a client hunting on the White whose been killing a 5-6 man limit everyday this week about to wear his dog out...lol

Bigditchlion

When the white gets out it seems to suck all the ducks out the Stuttgart area. Figured they were hammering them. Been the worst season I've witnessed.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigditchlion on December 17, 2015, 12:14:52 pm
When the white gets out it seems to suck all the ducks out the Stuttgart area. Figured they were hammering them. Been the worst season I've witnessed.

Yea when white and cache are both flooding crop land and timber, it's bad news for anyone not able to get on some private ground.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 17, 2015, 03:06:33 pm #114 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:41:13 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
We took one of my buddies kids dog this morning  (the kid is 9 and has been training him) the dog is so good, that this morning he was out on a retrieve and more ducks starting working, the dog saw them and dove under water swimming to get the downed ducks, so we could shoot the ones working,  when the shooting stopped, he came back up and got the rest of them. So not only do we have superior football,  the best duck hunting,  but also the best retrievers. The 6 is where it's at. ;D ;D

And rhe best bbq

purplehajj

Pick you opened a can of worms you forgot about the best bbq in Craig's down here

Old Scrapper

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 17, 2015, 03:06:33 pm
We took one of my buddies kids dog this morning  (the kid is 9 and has been training him) the dog is so good, that this morning he was out on a retrieve and more ducks starting working, the dog saw them and dove under water swimming to get the downed ducks, so we could shoot the ones working,  when the shooting stopped, he came back up and got the rest of them. So not only do we have superior football,  the best duck hunting,  but also the best retrievers. The 6 is where it's at. ;D ;D
+1000    You just won MVP on this thread!

cuz

And rhe best bbq
Hey pick that 1 of the stories you tell your boys at bedtime????

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on December 17, 2015, 06:12:40 pm

And rhe best bbq
Hey pick that 1 of the stories you tell your boys at bedtime????

Story? Man you know how those good dogs are.  ;D

Lions84

They hate us cause we have more Ducks most years , Better BBQ and Prettier Women.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Lions84 on December 18, 2015, 10:55:07 am
They hate us cause we have more Ducks most years , Better BBQ and Prettier Women.

Western arkansas has you beat on prettier women.... 8)

Lions84

Quote from: Oldcat on December 16, 2015, 05:29:56 pm
Another thing we can all agree on is no matter what conference we are in 2a small town football beats big town football any day.

Amen

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas