• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison or McCrory who wins the big dance????

Started by cuz, December 06, 2015, 02:16:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

McCrory says every one thinks they'll win so let's see who's favored...

Rison
McCrory

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: FootballDude02 on December 07, 2015, 03:29:14 am
Here's my honest and FIRST prediction since I've been on FF. After thorough evaluation of what I know about football, and based on schemes and match ups, I predict McCrory by 15...it should be a great game none the less. Basis: Rison is a power run team that runs the double wing and wing t offenses, and has a good offensive line to open holes. They have some athletic kids on defense at a few positions, but is out matched by teams that pass protect well.
McCrory is a multiple formation offensive team that has good size and good depth at the line of scrimmage. They have possession players at most positions and a running back with good strength size and speed. I believe Their QB is the most underrated player in 2A this year. Defensively they are solid in the trenches with great depth. A decent/good  pass coverage team but the 4 support the run well. When I factor in schemes (offenses) and matchups I have to give the jags the upper hand. Soley because rison runs the offense 3 teams in their conference runs which they have had plenty of practice against it, and have faced two of the strongest and top backs in 2a in Greene and Penn. I do believe Rison may/will be able to slow Rogo down, but I think the diversity of Campbell carries the jags and Mr. Campbell MVP of game...however if Rison wins the special teams game, they win by 10.
I'm going Jags 35-20...on a limb

The hardest running back in the 6 ran for 160 yards against mccrory and it wasn't either of the 2 you listed.  ;D

mastermind10

Here's my honest and FIRST prediction since I've been on FF. After thorough evaluation of what I know about football, and based on schemes and match ups, I predict McCrory by 15...it should be a great game none the less. Basis: Rison is a power run team that runs the double wing and wing t offenses, and has a good offensive line to open holes. They have some athletic kids on defense at a few positions, but is out matched by teams that pass protect well.
McCrory is a multiple formation offensive team that has good size and good depth at the line of scrimmage. They have possession players at most positions and a running back with good strength size and speed. I believe Their QB is the most underrated player in 2A this year. Defensively they are solid in the trenches with great depth. A decent/good  pass coverage team but the 4 support the run well. When I factor in schemes (offenses) and matchups I have to give the jags the upper hand. Soley because rison runs the offense 3 teams in their conference runs which they have had plenty of practice against it, and have faced two of the strongest and top backs in 2a in Greene and Penn. I do believe Rison may/will be able to slow Rogo down, but I think the diversity of Campbell carries the jags and Mr. Campbell MVP of game...however if Rison wins the special teams game, they win by 10.

mastermind10

Footballdude 02 should brush up on his football jargon a bit; proves you don't know much about football, especially Rison.

JAGS60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 07, 2015, 09:05:31 am

The hardest running back in the 6 ran for 160 yards against mccrory and it wasn't either of the 2 you listed.  ;D
And still got BEAT!

RunAndGun431

Quote from: mastermind10 on December 07, 2015, 09:29:06 am
Footballdude 02 should brush up on his football jargon a bit; proves you don't know much about football, especially Rison.

So since he said mccrory was going to win "he doesn't know football?"

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JAGS60 on December 07, 2015, 09:35:48 am

And still got BEAT!

Sure did.

iamfields

Waterboy94

Rison runs the veer and honestly McCrory won't have to worry about a pass game lol

mr.gametime

Quote from: iamfields on December 07, 2015, 11:03:10 am
How are turnover margins for both teams?

I would like to see a forced turnover stat....I'm almost positive McCrory would be close to the top in class 2A...them boys force alot of turnovers the forced 3 fumbles against mt.ida which was huge in them winning that game.

gmac

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 06, 2015, 08:52:50 pm
Hope McCrory brings a big crowd. ..School will be letting out at 1:00 Friday
wont be a crowd you have to pay to see the game at LR

Milard Filmore

McCrory has been quite impressive this year.  I believe Rogo is going to be immensely triumphant vs the wildcats. McCrory has certainly played approvingly in what I would say is a much more rugged conference.  McCrory sneaks by in this one 21-20.

FootballDude02

Proves I don't know anything about football? Lmbo! Did you play any football? Ok...thanks!

FootballDude02

Well Greene ran for 160 against them, but I don't say the "hardest" runner, rather "two of the strongest and top" lol  ;D

thevoice

Having seen both teams in person, I would give the advantage to Rison.  Tradition, speed, and toughness edge all go to them.  Both good teams so I am excited about seeing a great game.

dart

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 07, 2015, 11:40:49 am
Quote from: iamfields on December 07, 2015, 11:03:10 am
How are turnover margins for both teams?

I would like to see a forced turnover stat....I'm almost positive McCrory would be close to the top in class 2A...them boys force alot of turnovers the forced 3 fumbles against mt.ida which was huge in them winning that game.
the rain didn't have nothing to do with it McCrory is BAD

wake up

The biggest advantage I see Rison having is Coach Totty has been there before! If McCrory can come out and not be distracted by playing at WMS, then I think this is going to be one heck of a game. Good luck to both teams!

Old Scrapper

Quote from: thevoice on December 07, 2015, 01:57:16 pm
Having seen both teams in person, I would give the advantage to Rison.  Tradition, speed, and toughness edge all go to them.  Both good teams so I am excited about seeing a great game.
I can buy into the tradition part, I can't so much the Speed and Toughness. I would say they are pretty equal in those 2 categories. This will be one of the best championship games in a few years!

mastermind10

Quote from: FootballDude02 on December 07, 2015, 01:48:17 pm
Footballdude 02 should brush up on his football jargon a bit; proves you don't know much about football, especially Risen.
Proves I don't know anything about football? Lmbo! Did you play any football? Ok...thanks!

Lots and lots of it; at least know what Rison's primary offensive formations are before you you doom them for failure; and, yes, you are entitled to an opinion on the game, but it's hard to take you seriously when you have an absence knowledge (better known as ignorant).

Outloud

Frim one fair weather fan to others- if yall dont want to pay to see the game, bring beer, chicken, and burgers to hazen. I will fire grill up and we can eat and drink and watch it on tv!!!!!!!

FootballDude02

December 07, 2015, 05:11:14 pm #69 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:13:27 pm by FootballDude02
Quote from: mastermind10 on December 07, 2015, 03:59:15 pm
Footballdude 02 should brush up on his football jargon a bit; proves you don't know much about football, especially Risen.

Lots and lots of it; at least know what Rison's primary offensive formations are before you you doom them for failure; and, yes, you are entitled to an opinion on the game, but it's hard to take you seriously when you have an absence knowledge (better known as ignorant).
Well sir, if you are so in tune with things, you should read again..not once did I make mention that those were their "primary" offenses...so if you want to call someone ignorant, you should make your statements knowledgeable first. It's ok, you are merely a fan, at best, of football; so please reread....where do we get these people from. They should issue tests on basic comprehension before accepting accounts on here...smh

big E

Rison's strength is the ability to run the football and control the clock. McCrory is real big and real good up front. Last Friday Rison started drives on average at the 35. McCrory has a kicker that can put it in the end zone and they cover real well. This should be a dandy game for us that still love teams that line up and run down your throat. You know the way the good Lord intended football to be played. Lol. Good luck to both teams. Enjoy this throwback game it's becoming a dying breed. Oh and GO JAGS.

mr.b@sc

Best of luck to coach Totty and his wildcats... Rison 32 McCrory 28

RunAndGun431

bleudog

Here's how LaLaLand sees it:

McCrory (AR) vs. Rison (AR) at War Memorial Stadium (Little Rock, AR), 7:00pm   [projection: McCrory (AR) 28-21]

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2015/weekview.pl?week=Arkansas_13

Jag-Class07

Want to say gates open at 4:30 but not 100% positive on that.

littleman

I have had the opportunity to see both teams in person. I think it will be a good game. I also believe that McCrory will win by 2 scores. I could be wrong but I don't think Rison can line up and run it down McCrorys throat. Opinions will vary though. I read a quote about the Rison offence, and from the games I have seen they run a little double wing, a little pro set, and a little veer.

curtain caller

Good luck to both teams! I'm going with the Jags on this. These boys are ready to handle some business. Go jags go! See you at WMS! ☝🏈

RHScats

Quote from: curtain caller on December 07, 2015, 11:16:15 pm
Good luck to both teams! I'm going with the Jags on this. These boys are ready to handle some business. Go jags go! See you at WMS! ☝🏈

you should really stay out of my catnip,  ppl been shot for less.

bleudog

curtain caller

Quote from: RHScats on December 07, 2015, 11:17:36 pm
Quote from: curtain caller on December 07, 2015, 11:16:15 pm

you should really stay out of my catnip,  ppl been shot for less.

Lol, no worries! It's all yours.  ;D

FootballDude02

Quote from: littleman on December 07, 2015, 09:23:20 pm
I have had the opportunity to see both teams in person. I think it will be a good game. I also believe that McCrory will win by 2 scores. I could be wrong but I don't think Rison can line up and run it down McCrorys throat. Opinions will vary though. I read a quote about the Rison offence, and from the games I have seen they run a little double wing, a little pro set, and a little veer.
Lol don't tell this mastermind guy these things lol...cause they only run the veer according to his inference lmbo

big E

What I seen Friday looked more like a double wing , dead T , kinda thing. The split backs they ran other than the dives didn't look like a veer no option . Looked more like wing T plays from where I was standing. Whatever they call it , it worked.

Waterboy94

Majority of the plays, or use to, where ran from the veer. The T-formation is what Totty likes to use to pound the rock.

Big Cat Daddy

Rison also runs their plays to perfection..... Hard to stop that kind of team.

iamfields

From another site...
"Rison's defense has forced 30 turnovers this year, while its offense has committed 13 turnovers. Rison has been penalized 22 times in three playoff games. McCrory has forced 34 turnovers and lost four. The Jaguars have been penalized nine times in the playoffs, including seven last week vs. Conway Christian. See more on the matchup below."

Pretty decent turnover margins for both teams...penalties could be a factor in the game tho

purplehajj

Mccrory doesn't cough the ball up I think two of the turnovers came against Hazen! But rison better be prepared of the want the ball they have to take it from mccrory they don't make stupid mistakes! Rogo gets his no matter if he uses his speed or just says okay I'll run you over I see Mr Rogo going for 200 and 3 tds in tittle game

Waterboy94

Quote from: purplehajj on December 08, 2015, 07:27:55 am
Mccrory doesn't cough the ball up I think two of the turnovers came against Hazen! But rison better be prepared of the want the ball they have to take it from mccrory they don't make stupid mistakes! Rogo gets his no matter if he uses his speed or just says okay I'll run you over I see Mr Rogo going for 200 and 3 tds in tittle game
I hope McCrory isn't depending on a single player like Gurdon, Hector, and England...

mcnewfamily

yea all rison needs to prepare for is rogo!!!!!!!!!!!

Waterboy94

Don't see McCrory getting close to winning a title with that attitude, but hey try it!

big E

It's 2a ball off course every team has a go to guy just like Rison and #11 . He's 90% of the wildcats offence.

Waterboy94

Waterboy94

mastermind10

Quote from: FootballDude02 on December 07, 2015, 05:11:14 pm
Quote from: mastermind10 on December 07, 2015, 03:59:15 pm

Well sir, if you are so in tune with things, you should read again..not once did I make mention that those were their "primary" offenses...so if you want to call someone ignorant, you should make your statements knowledgeable first. It's ok, you are merely a fan, at best, of football; so please reread....where do we get these people from. They should issue tests on basic comprehension before accepting accounts on here...smh

Wow! you're an easy target!

iamfields

RHScats

mr.gametime

Quote from: RHScats on December 08, 2015, 11:42:09 am
Quote from: iamfields on December 08, 2015, 11:37:16 am
McCrory has more than just Rogo

hope so

Yeap...rogo didn't even play against Brinkley. ...and they still blew Brinkley out....who almost pulled off the upset against Hector

purplehajj

RHScats

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 08, 2015, 11:53:11 am
Quote from: RHScats on December 08, 2015, 11:42:09 am
Quote from: iamfields on December 08, 2015, 11:37:16 am
McCrory has more than just Rogo

hope so

Yeap...rogo didn't even play against Brinkley. ...and they still blew Brinkley out....who almost pulled off the
upset against Hector

clearly you guys have other players,  Rogo is good but he is not (take a team to a state championship by himself) good.  those kind of players are rare.

purplehajj

Milard Filmore

I concur.  Their QB is a brisk runner.  He certainly will have the Wildcats on their toes this Friday.  Not only is their QB duplicitous, Rogo is pretty devious too.  That little joker is going to have a prodigious performance against the wildcats.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas