• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison or McCrory who wins the big dance????

Started by cuz, December 06, 2015, 02:16:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

McCrory says every one thinks they'll win so let's see who's favored...

Rison
McCrory

purplehajj

FootballDude02

Quote from: big E on December 08, 2015, 05:28:38 am
What I seen Friday looked more like a double wing , dead T , kinda thing. The split backs they ran other than the dives didn't look like a veer no option . Looked more like wing T plays from where I was standing. Whatever they call it , it worked.
lol this is exactly what I called it and saw...You can't tell the bandwagon Rison "fans" this though...swear it's the veer

RunAndGun431

December 08, 2015, 01:54:42 pm #102 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:57:20 pm by RunAndGun431
Quote from: RHScats on December 08, 2015, 12:04:19 pm
Quote from: mr.gametime on December 08, 2015, 11:53:11 am
Quote from: RHScats on December 08, 2015, 11:42:09 am
Quote from: iamfields on December 08, 2015, 11:37:16 am
McCrory has more than just Rogo

hope so

Yeap...rogo didn't even play against Brinkley. ...and they still blew Brinkley out....who almost pulled off the
upset against Hector

clearly you guys have other players,  Rogo is good but he is not (take a team to a state championship by himself) good.  those kind of players are rare.

I'm sure Rison has all those "take your team to state" players...multiple of them

RHScats

Quote from: RunAndGun431 on December 08, 2015, 01:54:42 pm
Quote from: RHScats on December 08, 2015, 12:04:19 pm
Quote from: mr.gametime on December 08, 2015, 11:53:11 am
Quote from: RHScats on December 08, 2015, 11:42:09 am
Quote from: iamfields on December 08, 2015, 11:37:16 am
McCrory has more than just Rogo

hope so

Yeap...rogo didn't even play against Brinkley. ...and they still blew Brinkley out....who almost pulled off the
upset against Hector

clearly you guys have other players,  Rogo is good but he is not (take a team to a state championship by himself) good.  those kind of players are rare.

I'm sure Rison has all those "take your team to state" players...multiple of them

nope,  sarcasm fail. 

RunAndGun431

That wasn't sarcasm....if rogo isn't "that good", then why is he one of the FINALIST for the Farm Bureau offensive award?

Ballboyz

I won't knock Rison, been the team that id rather see our boys play last, BUT will say this, this ballgame is gonna be a dogfight on the line from the whistle to the horn, the AstroTurf will suck, I played on it twice at WMS, but Mc defensive line is something to see, they can smack talk all the want. But Hootens picks is at 84%, look who they picked.

iamfields

84% for the year...not bad considering how many games there have been

iamfields

2A OFFENSE
Kaigen Rogo, McCrory
Tre' Burks, Lafayette County
Jackie Harvell, Gurdon

2A DEFENSE
Donovan Gurley, Hazen
Holden Byassee, Cross County
Matthew Freeman, Junction City

2A COACHES
Michael Carter, Conway Christian
Chris Kennon, McCrory
Clay Totty, Rison

At least Rison has one candidate in the Farm Bureau Awards Finalist list

RHScats

Quote from: RunAndGun431 on December 08, 2015, 03:32:11 pm
That wasn't sarcasm....if rogo isn't "that good", then why is he one of the FINALIST for the Farm Bureau offensive award?

hate to burst your bubble,  but Rison has won 8 titles.  7 of which came with 0 all world players.  '00 had Shermar Bracey or it would have been all 8.  so,  go ahead and get excited that Rison has no nfl draft picks on their team :)

mastermind10

Rison's tradition and physicality determine the winner.  Wildcats by 2 TD's while running nothing but dive out of split backs.  Been there and done that!

mr.gametime

With the style of play that Rison has...and McCrory defense. ..I think they have to match McCrory touchdown for touchdown. ...if rison gets down by 18 or more points..I don't think McCrory will allow them to come back

iamfields

I think Rison giving McCrory the ball first will be a mistake if they do it

RHScats

Quote from: iamfields on December 08, 2015, 04:48:17 pm

England fans thought so too,  with elway at QB.  done them no good.

Ballboyz

Go ahead and see what Mcc offence does, they'll do what the do best,

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RHScats on December 08, 2015, 04:50:23 pm
Quote from: iamfields on December 08, 2015, 04:48:17 pm

England fans thought so too,  with elway at QB.  done them no good.

Rison didn't give England the ball first. I think they knew better.

FootballDude02

Quote from: mastermind10 on December 08, 2015, 04:24:07 pm
Rison's tradition and physicality determine the winner.  Wildcats by 2 TD's while running nothing but dive out of split backs.  Been there and done that!
Split backs? That's amazing...where is this veer that you were so defensive about earlier? Lol! For one, tradition doesn't pad up on Fridays. Every single team has tradition, rather good or bad...both of which can be used for motivation. Personally, id rather be in this situation with not so good tradition as motivation, like McCrory rather than pending on tradition of old to show up as motivation.

Waterboy94

big E

I don't doubt Rison will score some points. What I have doubts about is whether they can keep McCrory out of the end zone enough to win. We shall see Rison is very fundamental and very sound and they do what they do real well. All that being said McCrory is still the best team I've seen this year . Very large kids that move real well.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on December 08, 2015, 06:33:24 pm
I don't doubt Rison will score some points. What I have doubts about is whether they can keep McCrory out of the end zone enough to win. We shall see Rison is very fundamental and very sound and they do what they do real well. All that being said McCrory is still the best team I've seen this year . Very large kids that move real well.

And they game will not be played in a mud pit.

big E

The veer is a option I don't remember them running a option. They ran a dive but the qb wasn't reading the takle or the end. From what I seen. What it looked like to me was wing t plays instead of veer plays but if yall won't to call veer go ahead doesn't matter to me.

#1wildcatfan

Quote from: Ballboyz on December 08, 2015, 03:33:28 pm
I won't knock Rison, been the team that id rather see our boys play last, BUT will say this, this ballgame is gonna be a dogfight on the line from the whistle to the horn, the AstroTurf will suck, I played on it twice at WMS, but Mc defensive line is something to see, they can smack talk all the want. But Hootens picks is at 84%, look who they picked.
Also looked at who Hooten's picked between Rison and Junction....and Rison and Camden Harmony Grove. We are more than fine going into a ballgame as the underdog!

purpleswag

Quote from: FootballDude02 on December 08, 2015, 06:03:45 pm
Split backs? That's amazing...where is this veer that you were so defensive about earlier? Lol! For one, tradition doesn't pad up on Fridays. Every single team has tradition, rather good or bad...both of which can be used for motivation. Personally, id rather be in this situation with not so good tradition as motivation, like McCrory rather than pending on tradition of old to show up as motivation.

Split back veer bud.

Ballboyz

December 08, 2015, 07:37:20 pm #123 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:39:13 pm by Ballboyz
U only beat JC by 1, that's no feat in itself, I'm with the other guy, the defense won't hold mccrory from scoring, giving up too any points against them is what will be the deciding factor, BUT games like these are won or lost on mistakes, it only takes one, and Mcc hold onto the ball and clock, it will be a dogfight no doubt, I won't miss it, I'll be there with bells on

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ballboyz on December 08, 2015, 07:37:20 pm
U only beat JC by 1, that's no feat in itself, I'm with the other guy, the defense won't hold mccrory from scoring, giving up too any points against them is what will be the deciding factor, BUT games like these are won or lost on mistakes, it only takes one, and Mcc hold onto the ball and clock, it will be a dogfight no doubt, I won't miss it, I'll be there with bells on

Are you a stripper?

FootballDude02

Quote from: purpleswag on December 08, 2015, 07:34:06 pm
Quote from: FootballDude02 on December 08, 2015, 06:03:45 pm

Split back veer bud.
Well if you knew the previous conversation, you would see the sarcasm....but it's understandable, most people don't read past two quotes up.  ;D

bleudog

Hooties up to their standard hedge.

Their higher ranked team is a four point dog.

http://www.hootens.com/class-2a-week-15-2015_5786_ct.aspx

jag4life

Its like this mccrory could call their plays at the line of scrimmage and rison still couldnt stop em. I just wonder where all you jag haters are gonna be come friday bout 930 when rison goes down. Doesnt matter how many times rison has been in championship. After mccrory gets done with em they gonna wish theyd stayed at home. Go jags

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bleudog on December 08, 2015, 07:56:32 pm

I'm suprised Hooties even know who's playing this Friday

Hornet4ever

Quote from: jag4life on December 08, 2015, 08:13:51 pm
Its like this mccrory could call their plays at the line of scrimmage and rison still couldnt stop em. I just wonder where all you jag haters are gonna be come friday bout 930 when rison goes down. Doesnt matter how many times rison has been in championship. After mccrory gets done with em they gonna wish theyd stayed at home. Go jags

Noob

mr.gametime

Right...they got McCrory picked to win by 4....but only had McCrory picked to beat Conway.C by 2.....and Rison ranked #1

cuz

Hold on there skippy, no need to bad mouth JC, answer this, who else has played Rison as close as JC? You ever thought CC had a great night and JC had a bad one? Could of been a all 8 final. Show me a 6 team who's beat JC...Rison is a good team if you don't believe it ask Hector and England...

jag4life

Nobody has been able to stop jags all year. Wildcats aint gonna be any different.

cuz

Quote from: jag4life on December 08, 2015, 08:24:25 pm
Nobody has been able to stop jags all year. Wildcats aint gonna be any different.
Well now there's a first time for everything....😉

#1wildcatfan

Quote from: jag4life on December 08, 2015, 08:24:25 pm
Hmm a couple of weeks ago I remember reading the same comments from a very good Hector team and last week from a very good England team.

Ballboyz

Quote from: HF on December 08, 2015, 07:41:16 pm

Are you a stripper?

I will be when Mcc wins , watch for the streaker

Ballboyz

December 08, 2015, 11:10:32 pm #136 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:19:42 pm by Ballboyz

Still at 84%average , what's it give u a 16 % chance 😂😂😂😂 watch those boys school Rison,if you've watched game tapes almost every game second string comes in at the half and I know 2 game 2 O went in at the 2 quarter, you guys fixn to see bunch of boys on a mission

Hootens also said the reason Rison was ranked number one because of the bias of ya'll being in the 8-2a its like the sec of 2A. ( quoted from HOOTENS ITSELF)

big E

HorseFeathers

Probably the same place the arrogant jackwagons like you will be. ...on the roadhome, or at Wendy's....

Football dad

Well hootens has been right all year when it has came down to mccrory just saying go jags!!! ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on December 09, 2015, 06:48:08 am

Probably the same place the arrogant jackwagons like you will be. ...on the roadhome, or at Wendy's....

Then we will have the typical week of people bragging about their team, then we can get back to our normal posters.

Onto something, serious duck seaaon comes back in tomorrow and we have plenty of water and spring like temperatures. I'm ready for some cold weather. I haven't duck hunted in over 20 years and I don't even need the new waders I bought, can wear swimming trunks.

iamfields

Then we will have the typical week of people bragging about their team, then we can get back to our normal posters.

Onto something, serious duck seaaon comes back in tomorrow and we have plenty of water and spring like temperatures. I'm ready for some cold weather. I haven't duck hunted in over 20 years and I don't even need the new waders I bought, can wear swimming trunks.
[/quote]

The duck hunting situation here in Stuttgart is looking pretty bad so far

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: iamfields on December 09, 2015, 08:04:03 am

The duck hunting situation here in Stuttgart is looking pretty bad so far
[/quote]

I know used to, IF we he had a lot of water up here (both white and cache rivers flooding) the Stuttgart suffered. I know one year, in the early 80's there were some Stuttgart people in Cessnas flying around up here dropping dynamite out their plane trying to run the decks further south. Probably can't get by with that these days.

I think the majority of ducks are still in the northern states do to the lack of freezing weather.

iamfields

Yeah theres not a whole lot flying around McCrory either...wedon't even have the normal amount of geese yet either.

cuz

Most of Arkansas ducks come from the Dakotas and they're still holding them. You can have all the water, feed you want but u got to have ducks. Until they freeze up it will be slim picking I'm afraid...

Wildcats17

Quote from: #1wildcatfan on December 08, 2015, 07:24:19 pm
Also looked at who Hooten's picked between Rison and Junction....and Rison and Camden Harmony Grove. We are more than fine going into a ballgame as the underdog!
Yes Ma'am!!! Go Cats

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on December 09, 2015, 09:20:23 am
Most of Arkansas ducks come from the Dakotas and they're still holding them. You can have all the water, feed you want but u got to have ducks. Until they freeze up it will be slim picking I'm afraid...

Very true. Normally we don't have water now, once it freezes up north, we will be ready.

HOGWlLD

its funny that risons winning this poll but almost everyone in the pickem thread is choosing mac. hmmmm

cuz

Quote from: HOGWlLD on December 09, 2015, 11:11:21 am
its funny that risons winning this poll but almost everyone in the pickem thread is choosing mac. hmmmm
Majority versus a few hmmmmm....

oldhippie

December 09, 2015, 11:57:17 am #149 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:09:29 pm by oldhippie
Quote from: HF on December 06, 2015, 10:19:13 pm
Quote from: Jag-Class07 on December 06, 2015, 10:14:47 pm
Thank you for laying it out to where I can understand where you are coming from.

I don't read a lot of the threads during the week anymore...but I put a lot of stock into what a few on here say...the bdubs, cuzs, jc_guy etc...usually those guys aren't screwing with you to much when they give a prediction...or being to big of a homer. Plus doing rhe 2a pick em helps me with what folks really think about a team....trust me mccrory has respect....I just don't know if this board is ready for a 2a-6 champ :D
Brinkley has made the playoffs since 2012, Carlisle since 2006, Des Arc since 2011 and made the finals twice, Hazen since 2011, McCrory since 2008 and is playing in this year's finals, Plus don't forget what conference Barton was in before moving up. STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS:1997, 1994, 1993, 1989, 1988, 1987, 1986, 1978.  How about Harding?  STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: 2002, 1983, 1977, 1976.  The 6 has been there and done that.   8)  And don't call me a noob I just took some time off Check Bleedgreen.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas