• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And the Tenement on Wheels(Gus Bus) goes FLAT......

Started by AirWarren, January 06, 2014, 11:16:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Uncle Ivan

Locutus

Keep on hating because you know deep down, it's true. JL not only sunk our ship, he destroyed the whole fleet, and the worst part is, he doesn't care. He's Arkansas' version of Obama.

AirWarren

Quote from: Locutus on January 06, 2014, 11:28:19 pm
Keep on hating because you know deep down, it's true. JL not only sunk our ship, he destroyed the whole fleet, and the worst part is, he doesn't care. He's Arkansas' version of Obama.

We will be back. Do not worry.

AirWarren

Hey at least his boys at ASU won the biggest bowl they will ever play in. So I guess he is a winner in the end.

AirWarren

Jacketman65

Jacketman65

Quote from: AirWarren on January 06, 2014, 11:32:00 pm
Hey at least his boys at ASU won the biggest bowl they will ever play in. So I guess he is a winner in the end.
AW, no need to hate on ASU - they have been to a bowl game for the past 3 years and WON the last 2.  Aaaaa?

AirWarren

Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 06, 2014, 11:41:54 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on January 06, 2014, 11:32:00 pm
AW, no need to hate on ASU - they have been to a bowl game for the past 3 years and WON the last 2.  Aaaaa?

I cheer for only one Arkansas team. And that is the Razorbacks. Could care less about winning them winning the Tampax Pearl Bowl.

Jacketman65

However you would like to put it, but the "tampex" bowl WIN is better than no bowl at all.  Go pigs

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 06, 2014, 11:49:15 pm
However you would like to put it, but the "tampex" bowl WIN is better than no bowl at all.  Go pigs

70 teams make bowl games....that's a few extra weeks of practices missed out on by missing those games to say the least...

Hoghead

They can hate on Gus all they want. Im sick of the 21 year SEC drowning Arkansas has pulled off. NO SEC TITLES EVER. Gus goes to Auburn and pulls off in two years what the Hogs and CROWE, KINES, FORD, NUTT, PETRINO, John L and Brad B haven't done. Looking at that 1989 SWC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY is getting old ! There's people posting on this board who have NEVER seen the Razorbacks win a conference championship. Yet you're hating on GUS ???? CRAZY !!!

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoghead on January 07, 2014, 01:22:58 am
They can hate on Gus all they want. Im sick of the 21 year SEC drowning Arkansas has pulled off. NO SEC TITLES EVER. Gus goes to Auburn and pulls off in two years what the Hogs and CROWE, KINES, FORD, NUTT, PETRINO, John L and Brad B haven't done. Looking at that 1989 SWC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY is getting old ! There's people posting on this board who have NEVER seen the Razorbacks win a conference championship. Yet you're hating on GUS ???? CRAZY !!!

Yet Gus still can't win with all that REAL SOUTHEAST US talent down there.

Hoghead

Yet our 0-8 SEC year will be matched next year and Gus will rub our nose in it.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoghead on January 07, 2014, 01:37:14 am
Yet our 0-8 SEC year will be matched next year and Gus will rub our nose in it.

Like you say, the razorbacks are used to losing. Whats new?

Valleysports

AirWarren, I'm disappointed with you hating on Gus or any SEC team representing.  Arkansas was 0-8, in an SEC down year.  I'm used to ricepig and other Hog Fans being this way.  Because of the ignorance in this Hilly Billy State, I'm making declaration that I'm not ever going to be a fan of the flagship.  Might not pull against them (pull for them when they represent SEC) but I'm not pulling for a team who's fans, because of growing up with a losing history, act like a bunch of losers.  Done!

SUGARTOWN

I have never, ever understood the mentality that I should pull for the SEC just because it's the SEC. I promise you, no other school's fans would be pulling for Arkansas in that situation. They don't give a crap if the Hogs win or lose so why should I care about them? We're still getting a share of the bowl money anyway....

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2014, 05:50:37 am
AirWarren, I'm disappointed with you hating on Gus or any SEC team representing.  Arkansas was 0-8, in an SEC down year.  I'm used to ricepig and other Hog Fans being this way.  Because of the ignorance in this Hilly Billy State, I'm making declaration that I'm not ever going to be a fan of the flagship.  Might not pull against them (pull for them when they represent SEC) but I'm not pulling for a team who's fans, because of growing up with a losing history, act like a bunch of losers.  Done!

Tsk, tsk my friend.  You say you're not going to be a fan, of a team you were never a fan of anyway? 

We'll sure miss all those dollars you've been sending to the Razorback Foundation! :-)

BTW,,, it's funny how all the yankee transplants [and Texans] that move to this sorry hilly billy state,,, never go back where they're from.
Nobody ever retires and move to Green Bay, WI or El Paso, TX........

Smithian

Quote from: Hoghead on January 07, 2014, 01:22:58 am
If you don't know the coach's name your trolling loses some luster.

Hoghead

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 07, 2014, 07:44:26 am
I have never, ever understood the mentality that I should pull for the SEC just because it's the SEC. I promise you, no other school's fans would be pulling for Arkansas in that situation. They don't give a crap if the Hogs win or lose so why should I care about them? We're still getting a share of the bowl money anyway....
EXACTLY !!!!!! I pulled for FSU last night. I don't care about but one team in SEC ! ARKANSAS DOESN'T WIN ANYTHING WHEN VANDERBILT WINS THE SUGAR BOWL !!!!

cuckoobird

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: mack on January 07, 2014, 07:47:24 am

Tsk, tsk my friend.  You say you're not going to be a fan, of a team you were never a fan of anyway? 

We'll sure miss all those dollars you've been sending to the Razorback Foundation! :-)

BTW,,, it's funny how all the yankee transplants [and Texans] that move to this sorry hilly billy state,,, never go back where they're from.

Ah Mack, you know Valley was really Bubbahog, jeez............

Valleysports

And you never will!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2014, 10:44:24 am

And you never will!

Meaning what?

xtremewildcat

Auburn was very fortunate to win several games this year in the SEC. The ball continued to bounce their way. I truly believe, they are better than FSU. But, unlike in so many games they won in the SEC, the ball didn't bounce their way even though they had the better team.

Go home Gus. I have never liked his shtick but I do think he is one of the best coaches in the country.

Valleysports

LOL - OK you got me there, I never was.  This entitlement mentality that everyone, who lives in this state, should be a Hog Fan is baffling.  You know I love this state and the resources I pay dearly for (taxes), but now my head stone is going to read "He loved teasing Hog Fans".

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2014, 10:39:51 am

And ricepig is a Frat Boy!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2014, 11:02:20 am

Well, I guess I was in college, but if you think that is something to be ashamed of, it just states your ignorance and jealousy.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2014, 11:08:46 am

Well, I guess I was in college, but if you think that is something to be ashamed of, it just states your ignorance and jealousy.
lol...frat boys...lol...do people even join frats anymore?

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 07, 2014, 11:12:28 am

All time high of fraternities and sororities on the Hill, with record pledge classes. I wouldn't know about other campuses.

Valleysports

January 07, 2014, 11:19:22 am #31 Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:21:01 am by Valleysports
Good question Coach...  I'm watching my son & his roommate in their freshman year, just cringing at the thought of them going Phi Greek Gay, but haven't heard any mention of it.  The rise in the cost of college might be separating the men from the boys.

Edit: ooop well there you go - ricepig still keeps up with that stuff.  lol

Coach Venny Slocombe

Back in the day frats were just the guys that had rich daddy's and needed a place to call their own...none were athletes...

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2014, 11:19:22 am
Good question Coach...  I'm watching my son & his roommate in their freshman year, just cringing at the thought of them going Phi Greek Gay, but haven't heard any mention of it.  The rise in the cost of college might be separating the men from the boys.

Edit: ooop well there you go - ricepig still keeps up with that stuff.  lol

I've got kids who are involved, and you know, as an alum, they include that info in their newsletters and magazines.

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 07, 2014, 11:23:59 am
Back in the day frats were just the guys that had rich daddy's and needed a place to call their own...none were athletes...

I had two All-SWC players as fraternity brothers, I know from my son that there are two current players who are members.

Valleysports

We had a lot of players who joined Frats, most all eventually dropped out of sports.  But like ricepig say's one or two will juggle the two.  However those athletes didn't really have the frat mentality, they attended slumber parties when they could.  In fact one of the frats were made up of mostly athlete dropouts.  It was eventually banned from campus. 

cuckoobird

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 07, 2014, 11:45:04 am
I wasnt referring to asu.

I'm sorry, I guess I was confused when you said "your" team.

cuckoobird

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2014, 11:00:53 am

LOL - OK you got me there, I never was.  This entitlement mentality that everyone, who lives in this state, should be a Hog Fan is baffling.  You know I love this state and the resources I pay dearly for (taxes), but now my head stone is going to read "He loved teasing Hog Fans".

People don't realize what a good guy you really are with all your trolling....

Buying a new Alumacraft 20 ft. Bay Boat that I'm going to outfit with removeable Crappie trolling rigs fore and aft, removeable down-riggers for Stripers and a Minn Kota I-Troll trolling motor.  It will also be good for when I go to the Gulf.  I won't have to pay to go on a charter for Reds and Specks in the back bays.... :-)

When you get ready, Birdman and I'll come up and we'll go out....

Valleysports

I'll let you know when they're biting - boat ramp is right off I-40 / Exit 80 and fishing is within 1/4 mile.  Yeah I know - I really hate being such a nice guy!  LOL 

ricepig

The boy said they had to hunt Black River today, everything else was froze up. I believe they got 31 between 12:30 and 3:30. He, and a couple of fraternity guys, went on hunt at the lodge we talked about.

Valleysports

You got me there - if I was going to join one, I would ask how many duck hunters, with dad's who own duck land, are in the group.  Same here with River Hunting - I'm thinking of flying the river in the morning - I just hate hunting on public land.  Have two pumps running, one in a pond just off the river.

Valleysports

Did anyone else see that kickoff return in the making?  I told my buddy that the kid, 3rd from the left, was really lazy and drifting out of his lane all night.  I kept warning Gus over the TV.  Sure enough, when he cut left, that kid was in the middle of the field with no sense of where he was supposed to be.  The special teams coach needs a talking too - kid needs to be cut...

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2014, 06:16:10 pm
You got me there - if I was going to join one, I would ask how many duck hunters, with dad's who own duck land, are in the group.  Same here with River Hunting - I'm thinking of flying the river in the morning - I just hate hunting on public land.  Have two pumps running, one in a pond just off the river.

Yep, best friend, fraternity brother, owns three duck clubs, a 25,000 acre hunting ranch south of San Antonio, and a whole bunch of timber land in south Arkansas. I guess I bought my friends, haha.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2014, 11:40:37 am
We had a lot of players who joined Frats, most all eventually dropped out of sports.  But like ricepig say's one or two will juggle the two.  However those athletes didn't really have the frat mentality, they attended slumber parties when they could.  In fact one of the frats were made up of mostly athlete dropouts.  It was eventually banned from campus.
So Valley, You like slumber parties with the guys?

AirWarren

I didn't like Gus at Shiloh or Springdale. Long before he reached D1 success.

I am an Arkansas Razorback fan. Period. I could care less if anyone else wins in our conference. Come on Valley! haha.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2014, 11:14:58 am
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 07, 2014, 11:12:28 am

All time high of fraternities and sororities on the Hill, with record pledge classes. I wouldn't know about other campuses.

cuckoobird

I know of two people who killed 23 in an hour on the arkansas river at pendleton this yesterday afternoon. Idiots!

Valleysports

Quote from: AirWarren on January 07, 2014, 11:28:32 pm
I am an Arkansas Razorback fan. Period. I could care less if anyone else wins in our conference. Come on Valley! haha.

I understand, Razorback Fans have a reason to hate 8 other teams on their conference schedule! haha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas