• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

By The Way #2: Russellville Boys is Open

Started by Brian G, May 05, 2015, 09:13:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan7

Quote from: FreeMoney on May 28, 2015, 11:48:50 am
Marshall from Beebe. They didn't hire him. Wouldn't have worked out. Somebody did their homework and it wasn't the AD. Who is in line?
I think Coach Marshall is an awesome coach.  He doesn't have much as far as talent, but his players play with heart and don't give up.  He gets the best from what he has.  He is in the toughest conference in the state right now, it is hard to win in 5A Central competing with most Little Rock schools.  I think Russellville lost out on this one.  Just my thoughts...

PrivateLesson

Who have they hired or when will it be official by school board vote?

Valleysports

NWA Hawg

SouthpawSensation

Former Watson Chapel coach Matt Busch has been named the new Russellville coach.

FreeMoney

Valleysports

Oklahoma Native - student coached under Pelphry / Heath - Warren - Watson Chapel - Russellville.  Real up and comer.  Player's Coach who fits Johnson's model of building a program from 6th grade up.  Starting with fundamentals. Next!

scoutteamshoota

May 29, 2015, 01:18:03 pm #57 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:14:42 pm by scoutteamshoota
Won 18, 20, 22, and 24 games in the 4 years he was at Chapel. Made state tournament every year he was there.   Heavily involved in the building of his program like Valley said.   He coached the 7th grade team at Chapel by his choice.   Wanted them to start off right.  Cyclones got a good young coach.

AT

I was impressed with Watson Chapel's team when I saw them in the state tournament. Good hire for Russellville.

FreeMoney

You didn't have to throw that in there about coaching under Pelphrey and Heath lol! I'm sure he's a good coach in spite of that background. Was he Johnny's first choice?

Valleysports

Quote from: FreeMoney on May 29, 2015, 10:34:21 pm
I'm sure he's a good coach in spite of that background. Was he Johnny's first choice?

Quote from: FreeMoney on May 26, 2015, 12:21:14 pm
Johnny Johnson did try to hire one of his buddies/ former players and that move got nixed. Check it out its the truth. And nixing that move was a good one. Guy had one winning season in probably last five or six.

Was it your husband who didn't get picked or what?   ::)

FreeMoney

Living in the gutter again I see Valley!! You at your classy best. I throw out facts and you offer classless conjecture.

Football_Han_D_Cap

Has the new coach met the players yet? What kind of plans does he have for them this Summer?

Valleysports

Welllllllllllllll - there's been a disappointing development.  Due to a family situation - he's having to decline the offer.  Job is RE-OPENED!

Russellville did hire a Girls Junior High Coach - who has met with the 7th, 8th, 9th graders and is anxious to get started asap.  I can't think of name off hand - last name White.

Boy's Head Baseball Coach is also open.

HorseFeathers

matt hall is the new head coach.... new baseball guy is will mcrotty..he was at dardanelle last year

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: HF on June 09, 2015, 08:49:52 pm
matt hall is the new head coach.... new baseball guy is will mcrotty..he was at dardanelle last year
Also one of the twin sons of former Russellville coach Denny McCrotty, who I assume will assist his son with the team. The other twin, Wes, is the coach at Pottsville.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas