• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro-Pine Bluff Play-By-Play and Chatter

Started by WPWells, March 13, 2015, 09:49:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

ricepig

4th consecutive final for the Hurricane's, so they should have some experience. I'm not sure if Marguise Pointer started in the finals as a freshman, he had moved up and scored 28pts in his first state tournament game.

If the refs let them play it should be a very good game, as PB has benefited from gaining eligibility in January on a couple of kids and improved, while Jonesboro has been undefeated since their trip to Ft. Worth.

owl84

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Are they playing on carnival rims or what? These scores are terrible, has to be boring.

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

WPWells

Definitely the game of the day. I'm enjoying this one!

31-28 now!

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

WPWells

mtindian42

mtindian42

WPWells

mtindian42

WPWells

Pointer nails a LONGGGGGG three with 19.8 seconds left. 42-41 PB with the lead and the ball. Timeout Jonesboro

mtindian42

WPWells

6.5 seconds left. 44-43. PB going to the line

mtindian42

WPWells

Jonesboro has a good look at the tying 3, but it goes off the iron! Pine Bluff wins 46-43!

Congratulations to Pine Bluff on winning the 6A state championship!

mtindian42

doubled

urban legend2

Congrats to the Z's! For such a young team, they showed some grit down the stretch when Pointer willed Jonesboro back in it with some big-time shots. Great job!

zebradynasty

March 14, 2015, 10:08:50 am #27 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 12:29:28 pm by zebradynasty
I know that every team that wins a state title earns it but this group EARNED it! What a season, what a tournament! Great game PB played well had kids stepping up at all positions and contributed. That was the first time I've seen Jonesboro play this season very solid team. Played hard and did not give up. However, they played so tentatively, very tight not like a team that had been there before. I doubt that was one of their better games but the Z's had something to do that. AAA please, please do something about the officiating! I am tired of referees trying to impress people. Been watching basketball for over 40 years never seen that many five second counts when the defensive player is like 5ft  from the offensive player. Way too many fouls called by the official way out past the 3 point line and the foul was under the basket. Just saying....let the teams decide the game!

What a year for Pine Bluff pulled the elusive double title! Excuse me if I don't update my Avatar just yet...I don't think we are finished! The baseball team is talented but young (sorta like the basketball team) who knows might get on run in the state tourney. The Track Team should be very good if all the kids that ran last season come back and we can get some points in the field events. However, Texarkana is in beast mode on the track! Anyway the Dynasty continues!  :)

ricepig

Jonesboro couldn't throw it in the ocean, and PB wasn't much better. PB shot 25 free throws while Jonesboro shot 7. A lot of that was because Jonesboro settled for too many 3's, only hitting 4/20. Swift said after the game that he underestimated how physical PB was, that he normally has real physical practices before big games. He just concentrated on execution, instead. Good game by the Z's. Jonesboro will reload and get back a kid that would have started as a 9th grader, but tore an ACL in pre-season.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on March 14, 2015, 10:24:52 am
Jonesboro couldn't throw it in the ocean, and PB wasn't much better. PB shot 25 free throws while Jonesboro shot 7. A lot of that was because Jonesboro settled for too many 3's, only hitting 4/20. Swift said after the game that he underestimated how physical PB was, that he normally has real physical practices before big games. He just concentrated on execution, instead. Good game by the Z's. Jonesboro will reload and get back a kid that would have started as a 9th grader, but tore an ACL in pre-season.

I agree with Swift it was if they were afraid to go inside not sure why they thought PB wouldn't be physical inside with two post players 6-4 or taller and both weighing 250 lbs+ ??? But that's exactly how they played as though they didn't expect it. PB attacked the basket much more and it got them to the line. Having a post presence like we did at times neutralized Jonesboro's pressure out on the perimeter. Once we got past the pressure it provided us with a numbers advantage and helped us rebound better. Our defense played pretty good, only we did leave shooters open in 4th qtr when we went to a match up zone (which I thought was a mistake).

Rulesman

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 14, 2015, 10:08:50 am
Been watching basketball for over 40 years never seen that many five second counts win the defensive player is like 5ft  from the offensive player.
And for the last 40+ years the rule hasn't changed. Rule 4-10: "A closely guarded situation occurs when a player in control of the ball in his/her team's frontcourt is continuously guarded by an opponent who is within six feet of the player who is holding or dribbling the ball." Maybe we're finally getting it right.  ::)

zebradynasty

Quote from: Rulesman on March 14, 2015, 12:08:53 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on March 14, 2015, 10:08:50 am
Been watching basketball for over 40 years never seen that many five second counts when the defensive player is like 5ft  from the offensive player.
And for the last 40+ years the rule hasn't changed. Rule 4-10: "A closely guarded situation occurs when a player in control of the ball in his/her team's frontcourt is continuously guarded by an opponent who is within six feet of the player who is holding or dribbling the ball." Maybe we're finally getting it right.  ::)

BS that rule has not been enforced at ANY LEVEL of basketball and a state championship game is not the time to prove some anal retentive rule!

Rulesman

You're entitled to your lack of knowledge of the rules just like anybody else who paid their 5 bucks to get in.

ricepig

Quote from: Rulesman on March 14, 2015, 04:03:21 pm
You're entitled to your lack of knowledge of the rules just like anybody else who paid their 5 bucks to get in.

$5?? You haven't been to the finals in a while, lol....

RetiredBB

Congratulations to Pine Bluff for winning the 6A state title.  It was a great game.  Also, congratulations to Jonesboro for a fine season. 

zebradynasty

Quote from: Rulesman on March 14, 2015, 04:03:21 pm

I never said that I didn't know the rule! I'm saying I have never seen it enforced to that precision. Since it's not enforced like that at anytime when these kids learned how to play the state championship game is not the time to teach them the rules. It was simply a stunt by officials to make themselves more apart of the game than they should have been!

PB_Bandman913

I honestly can say The Zebras hoop squad deserved and earned the State Title in 6A hoops last night.  I honestly can say I slept on the Zs. The Talent level was there but I thought with the transition of a new system and coach that they wouldn't respond well this season at least.  Congrats Zs! looks like we will be loaded again football and basketball wise to do it again.

pantherblue

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas