• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Stadium Aerial Views - 2014 Edition

Started by ~WPS~, October 19, 2014, 09:06:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

1-4A

Prairie Grove

Shiloh Christian

Gentry

Pea Ridge

Lincoln

Huntsville

Gravette

Berryville

~WPS~

2-4A

Stuttgart

Southside

Newport

Riverview

Lonoke

Helena

CAC

Heber Springs

~WPS~

3-4A

Jonesboro WS

Trumann

Highland

Pocahontas

Harrisburg

Cave City

Brookland

Gosnell

phdefense

Is it me or does the upper right curve in CAC's track look weird?

~WPS~

4-4A

Dover

Subiaco Academy

Pottsville

Robinson

Ozark

Arkansas Baptist

Clinton

Dardanelle

~WPS~

Quote from: phdefense on October 19, 2014, 09:22:14 pm
Is it me or does the upper right curve in CAC's track look weird?
Just a weird distortion on Google Earth.

~WPS~

7-4A

Waldron

Mena

Fountain Lake

Nashville

Malvern

Arkadelphia (Used this photo because recent upgrades not shown on Google Earth)

Bauxite

Ashdown

nastynice

Looks like UFO's landed on Highlands field.

~WPS~

8-4A

Star City

Warren

Dumas

Hamburg

Dollarway

DeWitt

Crossett

Monticello

~WPS~

Dover's field isn't painted parallel with the stands.

whippersnapper

Bigbossman

I think we've had this thread before, but maybe not near as complete, thanks ballplayer for putting it together. 

That said, a field just dont look right without a track around it........in my opinion. And bauxite......man bless yalls hearts,  we need to take up a donation around here and see if we cant help them out. I graze cattle on fields that look better than that, and I'm not being ugly.

arklasports57

Quote from: Bigbossman on October 19, 2014, 10:24:05 pm
I think we've had this thread before, but maybe not near as complete, thanks ballplayer for putting it together. 

That said, a field just dont look right without a track around it........in my opinion. And bauxite......man bless yalls hearts,  we need to take up a donation around here and see if we cant help them out. I graze cattle on fields that look better than that, and I'm not being ugly.

ya know what though?  I have been to Bauxite several times and had a freakin blast at that field.  You talk about up close and personal!  You are right on the field!!  It's pretty crazy

Bigbossman

Quote from: arklasports57 on October 19, 2014, 10:27:50 pm

ya know what though?  I have been to Bauxite several times and had a freakin blast at that field.  You talk about up close and personal!  You are right on the field!!  It's pretty crazy
I was just gonna say, I've actually never been there. And to be fair looks like alot of those were taken in either the dead of the summer but more likely middle of winter.

~WPS~

Talk about up close and personal..go to Ashdown. You feel like you're playing. I went to Bauxite 2 years ago and I felt that the away stands could collapse any moment. Other than that it's not that bad.

arklasports57

Quote from: Bigbossman on October 19, 2014, 10:30:53 pm
Quote from: arklasports57 on October 19, 2014, 10:27:50 pm

I was just gonna say, I've actually never been there. And to be fair looks like alot of those were taken in either the dead of the summer but more likely middle of winter.

oh yeah, for sure most of these are google shots and the shots are out of season.  The grass would look much better in the fall.  But still Bauxite's visitor side is literally right over the field.  Never seen this at any other than that one but really do kinda enjoy it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 19, 2014, 09:42:11 pm

Homeside is sorta parallel to the field....Kinda runs at in a V to the field. Visitors side is more parallel to the road behind it than to the field(guessing that was a space issue). It's nothing special, but it's nicer in person than it looks on Google Earth.

What you don't see on there, is the crooked yard lines :D The a few of the ones they had last Friday night were about as straight as a dog's hind leg lol...

~WPS~

I looked at the street view of a lot of the stadiums and the actual view of them are much more flattering.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 19, 2014, 10:35:14 pm
Talk about up close and personal..go to Ashdown. You feel like you're playing. I went to Bauxite 2 years ago and I felt that the away stands could collapse any moment. Other than that it's not that bad.
im 6'3 300lbs few years back I walked up on menas visitor side and I feared I was gonna break a floor board. Pretty sure its all new up there now though.

I like the closeness of the visitors sides, gives the opportunity to call plays to the coaching staff lol.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Bigbossman on October 19, 2014, 10:50:42 pm
im 6'3 300lbs few years back I walked up on menas visitor side and I feared I was gonna break a floor board. Pretty sure its all new up there now though.

I like the closeness of the visitors sides, gives the opportunity to call plays to the coaching staff lol.

Bad news.. Mena's visitor bleachers are still the same lol

cuckoobird

I hate fields with tracks around them including our own, I like being close to the action like the olden golden days in Gillett. You could stand 3 yards from the field on the sidelines and in the end zones if you wanted to. 

TBone70

Quote from: nastynice on October 19, 2014, 09:35:59 pm
Looks like UFO's landed on Highlands field.
You never know,  :) Its from the sprinkler system.

Doveman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 19, 2014, 09:42:11 pm

It never has been, that's part of their home field advantage.  Haha

prHOG13

geez, some of these look pathetic. Glad Pea Ridge stepped their game up as they were one of the more pitiful stadiums in 4A for a while. It's really sad to see the condition of some of these fields/stadiums.

~WPS~

Many of the pictures are during the winter so the field is going to look bad. If you look closely at the bottom of each photo it'll say when it was taken.

Bigbossman

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 19, 2014, 11:24:27 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on October 19, 2014, 10:50:42 pm

They were worn out 5 years ago, I may cause a scene lol.

Bad news.. Mena's visitor bleachers are still the same lol

cuckoobird

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 20, 2014, 06:51:09 pm
geez, some of these look pathetic. Glad Pea Ridge stepped their game up as they were one of the more pitiful stadiums in 4A for a while. It's really sad to see the condition of some of these fields/stadiums.
and stuttgarts was taken 2 years ago in the winter. you can still see where vandals used round up on it

phdefense

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 21, 2014, 07:09:18 am
Quote from: prHOG13 on October 20, 2014, 06:51:09 pm
and stuttgarts was taken 2 years ago in the winter. you can still see where vandals used round up on it
Yep that was taken 3 days before the quarter final game against Warren.

tommicozzy

Most of the stadiums are from 2011. Hamburg has a lion. Star City has SC. Monticello has turf now the Billie on it.

phdefense

Quote from: tommicozzy on October 21, 2014, 09:40:28 am
Most of the stadiums are from 2011. Hamburg has a lion. Star City has SC. Monticello has turf now the Billie on it.
All the Google earth pictures have the date on them. Ashdown is the only one from 2011

CounterPunch

This is Star City's from this past summer. Shows new indoor facility top left. Sorry about image quality and watermarks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas