• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HWH @ Stuttgart

Started by dhen, October 18, 2014, 10:30:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

Quote from: LakeRat on October 21, 2014, 04:04:56 pm
Quote from: phdefense on October 20, 2014, 04:58:31 pm
Quote from: LakeRat on October 20, 2014, 04:39:39 pm
Quote from: westhelena1 on October 20, 2014, 02:13:09 pm
Very hostile place to play and probably means they get every close call from the men in stripes.

I wouldn't be counting on the officials to play favorites nor influence the outcome... The AAA assigns officiating teams randomly and there's no home advantage.

From what I've seen this year... the officiating teams have been about 50% good... 30% mediocre... 20% need to find a new hobby.
That is not entirely true. Our conference has an assignor so home teams do not get to pick the officials. But some conferences like the 4A-8 that do not have an assignor the home cooking is very real.

Really? Wow... I had assumed common sense ruled the day. Thanks for the clarification.

Seems odd the AAA wouldn't adopt that league wide just to ensure home cookin isn't a factor in any game.
A lot of conferences have voted on it and believe it or not, schools vote against assigners. They like their home cooking as long as they can get it when they are home

MoChedda

Been quiet in here I thought this thread would be live  ;D

cuckoobird

Naw, everyone but you and dhen knows what is about to happen friday

HeberFan

This conference has been way too volatile for anyone to predict this game with confidence.

MoChedda

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 21, 2014, 08:16:36 pm
I hear you

dhen

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 21, 2014, 08:16:36 pm

Cuckoobird I'll be waiting on the excuses Friday night after the game.  It will be close but HWH will win by a touchdown

cuckoobird

dhen

HeberFan

Stuttgart fans made lots of excuses last week for barely beating Riverview.

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on October 22, 2014, 08:03:01 am
Stuttgart fans made lots of excuses last week for barely beating Riverview.
uh no, those were facts.

HeberFan

Good teams overcome "facts" like supposedly bad calls. Truth is Stuttgart was flat and overlooked Riverview. Haters like Cuckoo can't see that.

HeberFan

Here is fact, Cuckoo. Your karma rating in here shows a 7 to 1 negative rating. A brief review of other people in here shows you are among the most negative and least respected poster in here. The community at large does not respect you. There's your fact for the day.

cuckoobird

October 22, 2014, 08:14:54 am #62 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:18:22 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: HeberFan on October 22, 2014, 08:10:33 am
Good teams overcome "facts" like supposedly bad calls. Truth is Stuttgart was flat and overlooked Riverview. Haters like Cuckoo can't see that.
truth is we had 3 fumbles inside the ten yard line. truth is we held them to 135 yards total offense. truth is we had 9 penalties to their 1. If good teams are supposed to overcome "facts" like bad calls, why couldn't the little brown spotted kitty cats of Heber beat us at their place while getting good calls?

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on October 22, 2014, 08:12:56 am
Here is fact, Cuckoo. Your karma rating in here shows a 7 to 1 negative rating. A brief review of other people in here shows you are among the most negative and least respected poster in here. The community at large does not respect you. There's your fact for the day.
That's because small children care about such things as Karma, like you. I didn't come on this board to make friends but believe it or not, I have made quite a few. I tell you what, why don't you -1 me as many times as you can every day for the rest of your miserable life and see if I care

HeberFan

Heber lost because Stuttgart has a very good team and kept fighting until the end. Both teams did. The truth is that Newport, Stuttgart, Heber and CAC can all beat each other on a given night. And even Lonoke has enough talent to beat those teams if things work out right.

HeberFan

That is my point, Cuckoo.  You don't care about being reasoanable and balanced. What's wrong with giving credit where credit is due.. and accepting responsibility for actions ?

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on October 22, 2014, 08:17:43 am
Heber lost because Stuttgart has a very good team and kept fighting until the end. Both teams did. The truth is that Newport, Stuttgart, Heber and CAC can all beat each other on a given night. And even Lonoke has enough talent to beat those teams if things work out right.
Now, the truth is, heberfan is more cuckoo than me

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on October 22, 2014, 08:19:38 am
That is my point, Cuckoo.  You don't care about being reasoanable and balanced. What's wrong with giving credit where credit is due.. and accepting responsibility for actions ?
I accept responsibility, I just don't care what a teenager or an adult for that matter thinks of me. I'm pretty secure in my life

Jack1990

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 22, 2014, 08:29:26 am
Quote from: HeberFan on October 22, 2014, 08:19:38 am
I accept responsibility, I just don't care what a teenager or an adult for that matter thinks of me. I'm pretty secure in my life
You go bird!! Just for that...+1!

HeberFan

So, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" does not apply in your life ?

LakeRat

There's the newness factor that I believe was in play with the Riverview/Stuttgart game. That was the first time both teams played each other.

You'd think just stats and match-up variables make outcomes more predictable... it's a factor. But familiarity does come into play as well.

Let's not forget that the 2-4A teams that have been in the conference since 2006 have also been competing against each other through 7th grade, Junior High & Senior high. That familiarity does play a factor in the match-ups. Coming in against a team that's they've never seen before adds dynamics that make things more unpredictable.

Schools as well as their athletic programs do retain a certain personality over the years... if they didn't folks wouldn't place much value in "Tradition" even though kids and staff change continuously...

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on October 22, 2014, 08:50:57 am
So, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" does not apply in your life ?
See, that's where you are making a big mistake, this is a sports forum where trash talk is the norm. Anything I say may or may not reflect the things I do or don't do in real life. Step back from the computer and take a deep breath. Everything will be ok

The Ref

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 22, 2014, 08:14:54 am
truth is we had 3 fumbles inside the ten yard line. truth is we held them to 135 yards total offense. truth is we had 9 penalties to their 1. If good teams are supposed to overcome "facts" like bad calls, why couldn't the little brown spotted kitty cats of Heber beat us at their place while getting good calls?
Real Truth is; Stuttgart had 2 fumbles, 1 was inside the 10 the other was inside the 20.  Both were great strips by the defenders.  Stuttgart had 7 penalties vs 3 for Riverview.  Riverview had 164 yds of Offense, still a great number for the Stuttgart D, but just wanted to post the "facts".

cuckoobird

Quote from: The Ref on October 22, 2014, 12:55:19 pm
Real Truth is; Stuttgart had 2 fumbles, 1 was inside the 10 the other was inside the 20.  Both were great strips by the defenders.  Stuttgart had 7 penalties vs 3 for Riverview.  Riverview had 164 yds of Offense, still a great number for the Stuttgart D, but just wanted to post the "facts".
Well there has been 4 different offensive stats for riverview now, who's is correct? btw yours is 20 plus yards more than the others. I will copy and past the stats from our stat keepers post.

297. To 137.  Gave up 36 rushing yards
9 penalties to 1.  5 of which were big plays by Stuttgart or gave river view a 1st down
Not saying refs cheated just not very good
Was awful funny that ALL 5 of those were on river views side lines

The Ref

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 22, 2014, 01:00:44 pm
Well there has been 4 different offensive stats for riverview now, who's is correct? btw yours is 20 plus yards more than the others. I will copy and past the stats from our stat keepers post.

9 penalties to 1.  5 of which were big plays by Stuttgart or gave river view a 1st down
Riverview RB had 55 yds alone, so there's no chance those stats are anywhere close.  Riverview had an Intentional grounding that killed their 4th Qtr drive, and a late hit which killed their final drive after a 22 yd completion. 
In all honesty if you watch the game, there could have been many more holding/block in the back calls go against Stuttgart but were not.

cuckoobird

Quote from: The Ref on October 22, 2014, 01:28:55 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on October 22, 2014, 01:00:44 pm

Riverview RB had 55 yds alone, so there's no chance those stats are anywhere close.  Riverview had an Intentional grounding that killed their 4th Qtr drive, and a late hit which killed their final drive after a 22 yd completion. 
In all honesty if you watch the game, there could have been many more holding/block in the back calls go against Stuttgart but were not.
don't forget to take away his negative yards

Lions84

HeberFan

Riverview just hung tough. Sad that a few Stuttgart fans can't give Riverview credit.

cuckoobird

Ok fine. Great job riverview and I'll give you credit on your moral victory. There you go heberfan, now go count all the moral victories you have

HeberFan

If you don't understand moral victories, you neither understand football nor life.

cuckoobird

There are no moral victories in life or football and i know this from years of experience. I bet you believe everyone should get a participation award and we shouldnt keep score too. Wussification of america at its finest here folks

HeberFan

Arkansas got whipped by Georgia in the first half last week. In the second half, the Hogs fought back and outscored the Dawgs. You can bet the coaches were proud of their kids for not quitting. That is a moral victory.

cuckoobird

That is idiotic. Georgia played a lot of 2nd 3rd and 4th teamers while the hogs were playing their starters. Plus they had the game won and wasnt worried about a couple of late trash touchdowns. Kinda like heber's last score on the ricebirds. We had the game in hand and didnt need to show anything else

HeberFan

So, a game comes down to one big play at the end. One team wins and the other loses. That mean one team is a big winner and the other is a total loser?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on October 22, 2014, 05:52:01 pm
So, a game comes down to one big play at the end. One team wins and the other loses. That mean one team is a big winner and the other is a total loser?
No, they're not A loser, they are THE loser.

HeberFan

Most football coaches will tell you the game's main purpose is to teach young men how to handle adversity, push to be their best, never give up and give of themselves for the betterment of the team. Winning is important and everyone wants that. But when a man leave sports and faces the challenges of life... a state championship ring doesn't mean much.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on October 22, 2014, 06:08:32 pm
Most football coaches will tell you the game's main purpose is to teach young men how to handle adversity, push to be their best, never give up and give of themselves for the betterment of the team. Winning is important and everyone wants that. But when a man leave sports and faces the challenges of life... a state championship ring doesn't mean much.
How would you know?

HeberFan

Well, here is what three football coaches say about the importance of winning games versus the bigger life lessons learned. I will let you disagree with them:

"The spirit, the will to win and the will to excel --- these are the things what will endure and these are the qualities that are so much more important than any of the events themselves."  VINCE LOMBARDI

"I have always tried to teach my players to be fighters. When I say that, I don't mean put up your dukes and get in a fistfight over something. I'm talking about facing adversity in your life. There is not a person alive who isn't going to have some awfully bad days in their lives. I tell my players that what I mean by fighting is when your house burns down, and your wife runs off with the drummer, and you've lost your job and all the odds are against you. What are you going to do? Most people just lay down and quit. Well, I want my people to fight back." BEAR BRYANT

."I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat." TOM LANDRY

SUGARTOWN

I like how you quoted 3 of the winningest coaches of all time. Lol

"Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing." - Vince Lombardi

HeberFan

Exactly right, Sugartown. "Winning" is something that lies within a person. Outcomes and scores cannot always be controlled. But the will and determinatoion to keep trying is what makes a successful player and person.

The Ref

Heberfan you just give it up, he'll never realize what HS football is all about. 

HeberFan

The one thing we can all agree on is this is a great time of year. Conference championships and state playoff seedings get locked in the next 17 days.

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on October 22, 2014, 06:25:06 pm
Well, here is what three football coaches say about the importance of winning games versus the bigger life lessons learned. I will let you disagree with them:

"The spirit, the will to win and the will to excel --- these are the things what will endure and these are the qualities that are so much more important than any of the events themselves."  VINCE LOMBARDI

"I have always tried to teach my players to be fighters. When I say that, I don't mean put up your dukes and get in a fistfight over something. I'm talking about facing adversity in your life. There is not a person alive who isn't going to have some awfully bad days in their lives. I tell my players that what I mean by fighting is when your house burns down, and your wife runs off with the drummer, and you've lost your job and all the odds are against you. What are you going to do? Most people just lay down and quit. Well, I want my people to fight back." BEAR BRYANT

."I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat." TOM LANDRY
Wait a second here. I don't see any quotes from losing coaches like John L smith, Watson Brown, or Kevin Gilbride.

LakeRat

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 22, 2014, 05:43:13 pm
There are no moral victories in life or football and i know this from years of experience. I bet you believe everyone should get a participation award and we shouldnt keep score too. Wussification of america at its finest here folks

I'd have to disagree on the no moral victories in life... I've racked up a few hard earned ones. Also seen karma play out with a few rare cases of justice being served both hot and cold...

Participation is a reward in and of itself... without it, there's no life. Yes, score should kept to measure results.

MoChedda

The Ref

HWH  26    Stuttgart 14

MoChedda

cuckoobird

Theres some pretty good stuff being used by some fans

redneck365

Stuttgart  20.    HWH  12

cuckoobird

Ricebirds 27
Older women who like younger men 18

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas