• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Conference Standings after conference week four

Started by Photo, October 18, 2014, 10:05:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Photo

3-4A Conference Standings After Fourth Conference Game

Place     

Team
Pocahontas   
Gosnell
Highland
Cave City
Westside
Trumann
Brookland
Harrisburg

Overall     
7 - 0
6 - 0 - 1
4 - 3
3 - 4
4 - 3
2 - 5
2 - 5
1 - 6

Conf     
4 - 0
4 - 0
3 - 1
2 - 2
2 - 2
1 - 3
0 - 4
0 - 4

Conf-PF     

Conf-PA     

Pts

Week One
Pocahontas 42, Trumann 0
Gosnell 40, Brookland 16
Highland 55, Westside 33
Cave City 34, Harrisburg 29   

Week Two
Pocahontas 48, Harrisburg 14   
Gosnell 38, Cave City 14
Highland 54, Brookland 20
Westside 38, Trumann 16

Week Three
Pocahontas 54, Brookland 8 
Gosnell 40, Trumann 8
Highland 53, Harrisburg 27
Cave City 14, Westside 8

Week Four
Pocahontas 48, Cave City 0
Gosnell 20, Highland 12
Westside 46, Brookland 28
Trumann 44, Harrisburg 39

Week Five
Gosnell at Pocahontas
Highland at Cave City
Harrisburg at Westside   
Trumann at Brookland

Week Six
Pocahontas at Highland
Westside at Gosnell
Cave City at Trumann
Brookland at Harrisburg   

Week Seven
Pocahontas at Westside
Gosnell at Harrisburg
Trumann at Highland
Brookland at Cave City

Photo

I know we all laugh at the fact each conference takes five teams into the playoffs. It's funny except to the team that gets that fifth seed. They're just happy to get another game and have a chance.
Having said that, the 3-4A still has a race for that fifth seed. Westside currently holds it, but has to face Gosnell and Pocahontas. Trumann has a conference win now. If Brookland runs the rest of the season against Trumann, Harrisburg and Cave City, I'd say they could move into that spot.

redskinsfan

I don't think the 5th seed should make the playoffs. Last year our team (Pocahontas) went 4-6. We shouldn't have been there. Its too watered down. You should have to finish in the top half of your conference, not 5th of 8. I feel its all about the money for AAA. Just my opinion.

Photo

Can't argue that, but the schools are the AAA, so it's hard to give up the money or to make a decision to keep what could be your school out of the playoffs. I am glad that it's all conferences getting the five teams. A few years ago, when just a couple conferences got the five seed, and it rotated each year, it was just too hard to keep up with and explain.

redskinsfan

Quote from: Photo on October 20, 2014, 04:06:15 pm
Can't argue that, but the schools are the AAA, so it's hard to give up the money or to make a decision to keep what could be your school out of the playoffs. I am glad that it's all conferences getting the five teams. A few years ago, when just a couple conferences got the five seed, and it rotated each year, it was just too hard to keep up with and explain.

I agree it is easier to take all the 5 seeds instead of rotating them like they used to.

neverwaz

It will be a long ride and an even longer ride home for whoever winds up the four and five seed out of 3-4 A conference. I agree that the playoffs are too watered down and its is all about the money for the AAA. I don't think the seniors will enjoy a mercy rule playoff game its just another Homecoming game for the home team.

Brick Tamland

Quote from: redskinsfan on October 20, 2014, 03:37:35 pm
I don't think the 5th seed should make the playoffs. Last year our team (Pocahontas) went 4-6. We shouldn't have been there. Its too watered down. You should have to finish in the top half of your conference, not 5th of 8. I feel its all about the money for AAA. Just my opinion.

Not saying that you are wrong about the 5th seed.  But, you really should learn the history of your team before commenting, especially when the history you are referring to is only a year old.  Pocahontas finished the year 5-5 and was the 4 seed out of the 3-4A.  Also, not saying that Pocahontas SHOULD have been in the playoffs, but they did finish in the top half of the conference as per your qualification.  Your arguments lose validity when your facts are incorrect, especially about a team you "support."

Photo

Anyway, the system is what it is and it means fighting for the fifth seed or better. This is a good week for the seedings race (seedings is not a word, but it'll do).
Winner of the Gosnell-Pocahontas game becomes the front runner for the one seed. Highland needs to beat Cave City to keep a lock on the three seed. And so on, already mentioned.

Photo

redskinsfan

Prayers for a safe night of football for all players.

Rerun

Well crap. My son was injured with only a few minutes expired in the 1qtr during Harrisburg's game against Westside. Just found out another lineman hurt as well. Puts Harrisburg at 4 key injuries.

Blazer51

Photo

Pocahontas 26, Gosnell 20
Highland 49, Cave City 20
Trumann 37, Brookland 14
Westside 46, Harrisburg 6

bengle

I hope your son is ok, he was a very solid player for Harrisburg.  Speedy recovery to all that is injured.

Rerun

Quote from: bengle on October 24, 2014, 10:57:13 pm
I hope your son is ok, he was a very solid player for Harrisburg.  Speedy recovery to all that is injured.

Thanks Bengle.

Blazer51

So if I'm looking at this right, then if truman beats cave city that would put truman as the 5th seed right?

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland did not have Nickelson, or whiteside last night

elvis26

;D no excuses!!!!!!!! trumann would still win the game!!!!!!!!!!! the wildcats will beat cave city for the 5th seed next week also!!!!!!!! we are at home next week!!!!!!!!!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: elvis26 on October 25, 2014, 10:08:27 am
;D no excuses!!!!!!!! trumann would still win the game!!!!!!!!!!! the wildcats will beat cave city for the 5th seed next week also!!!!!!!! we are at home next week!!!!!!!!!!!

No excuses, they would have helped Brookland a lot , but Trumann played good last night. The fake punt pass completion on 4th down that led to a TD the next play really swung all the momentum towards the Wildcats. Seemed They just took control of the game after that . Good luck vs CC

elvis26

;D thanks nea we are going to need some luck to beat cave city!!!!!!!!!! we do have them at home though!!!!!

TBone70

October 25, 2014, 07:29:32 pm #20 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:07:02 pm by TBone70
OK boys, I do understand if Pokey beats Highland the seeds  will be: Pokey 1st, Gosnell 2 and Highland 3 along with Pokeyy winning the conference. But if Highland Beats Pokey all the above gets to Share the title., it will have to go to points as far as seeding go.My question is, How many points will Highland have to beat Pokey to be 1st seed and so on?

Past Scores between teams.
Gosnell beat Highland 20-12  (8) difference
Pokey beat Gosnell 26-20   (6) difference

bodycounTT

Quote from: TBone70 on October 25, 2014, 07:29:32 pm
OK boys, I do understand if Pokey beats Highland the seeds  will be: Pokey 1st, Gosnell 2 and Highland 3 along with Pokeyy winning the conference. But if Highland Beats Pokey all the above gets to Share the title., it will have to go to points as far as seeding go.My question is, How many points will Highland have to beat Pokey to be 1st seed and so on?

Past Scores between teams.
Gosnell beat Highland 20-12  (8) difference
Pokey beat Gosnell 26-20   (6) difference

Assuming Gosnell, Highland, and Pocahontas win in week 10 (and week 9 for Gosnell) by the limit 13...
If Highland beats Pocahontas by 8 or less then the standings would be Gosnell, Highland, Pocahontas.
(If Highland wins by 8 then them and Gosnell will be tied in points but Gosnell has head-to-head)
If Highland beats Pocahontas by 9 or more then the standings would be Highland, Gosnell, Pocahontas.
(Once again the magic number for Highland is 9 to win by points)
If Pocahontas beats Highland by 1 or more then the standings would be Pocahontas, Gosnell, Highland.

These are the only scenarios I could come up with for the top three.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas