• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nadhville @ mena

Started by polksalet, October 17, 2014, 10:28:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye819

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 21, 2014, 04:29:33 pm
Quote from: Top Shelf on October 21, 2014, 03:48:52 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on October 21, 2014, 03:40:19 pm
Thanks topshelf. I was curious when the last mena won this game. I know in 94 we went 9-2 with our 1 regular loss was to Nashville. Then 96 quarter finals we had a close first half to just to lose by 4-5 tds
The 96 game was 14-7 at the half.  The Scrappers go on a 35-7 2nd half run- fueled by Jared McBrides 5 td passes to pull away 49-14.  Scrappers run the table in the playoffs beating Jonathan Adams and the Osceola Seminoles 35-7 in the title game.  Adams had more carries than yards.

I still think that 96 Mena team wins the state Title most years,   and that Nashville team in 96 is one of the best in this classification ever!
The 96 team was a good one. But I personally don't think they would have competed with the 2007 team. This was the most complete team I've ever witnessed play. Ever!

Bigbossman

Does nate bell work the crowd at the games?

HawgBall06

Thanks topshelf. I was curious when the last mena won this game. I know in 94 we went 9-2 with our 1 regular loss was to Nashville. Then 96 quarter finals we had a close first half to just to lose by 4-5 tds
The 96 game was 14-7 at the half.  The Scrappers go on a 35-7 2nd half run- fueled by Jared McBrides 5 td passes to pull away 49-14.  Scrappers run the table in the playoffs beating Jonathan Adams and the Osceola Seminoles 35-7 in the title game.  Adams had more carries than yards.

I thought the 96 game was going to be a great one.  It was 7-7 late in the 2nd quarter and Mena went in for a TD from about 5 yards out, there was a late flag that most didn't even see and Mena was called for holding, Mena had to rush there offense back on the field (the extra point team was already trying to setup) and on the next snap Mena fumbled, Nashville recovered and went on to score making it 14-7 at half and you could just feel all the air come out of the Mena team & fans. 

I graduated with the parents of several of the kids playing for Mena Friday night and I just hope they are ready to give it their best effort for 60 minutes, if so it will be a great game.  Unfortunately I don't think my schedule is going to allow me to attend. 

Top Shelf

Quote from: HawgBall06 on October 22, 2014, 12:20:07 am

I thought the 96 game was going to be a great one.  It was 7-7 late in the 2nd quarter and Mena went in for a TD from about 5 yards out, there was a late flag that most didn't even see and Mena was called for holding, Mena had to rush there offense back on the field (the extra point team was already trying to setup) and on the next snap Mena fumbled, Nashville recovered and went on to score making it 14-7 at half and you could just feel all the air come out of the Mena team & fans. 

I graduated with the parents of several of the kids playing for Mena Friday night and I just hope they are ready to give it their best effort for 60 minutes, if so it will be a great game.  Unfortunately I don't think my schedule is going to allow me to attend.
Yep, Mena couldn't get going after that.  Best I remember, it was raining and the field conditions were terrible.  Mena ended up losing 3 fumbles, had 2 picks, 1 returned for a 78 yard td.

mhfcharlesi

Mena stays undefeated at Home..in a close one 24-21

mhfcharlesi

Mena stays undefeated at Home..in a close one 24-21

cuckoobird

I'll play along too.

Mena stays undefeated at home..in a close one 24-21

Dragline

Aggie/wolf can't figure out how to fix this?

hawgfan15

Looking forward to the drive to Mena tomorrow. It is starting to feel like football weather and the game atmosphere should be great.

BannerMountainMan

If Clinton played Mena first round how would they fair?

Bigbossman

already aware of the choppin block★already aware of the choppin block★
Whats the best places to eat in mena?

★don't want mexican★don't want mexican★

intruder

The Mrs. wouldn't mind the Burger King, would she?

whippersnapper

I think a Clinton/mena game would be pretty good. Similar athletes. Both in the middle of no where haha. Mena just removed from the 4-4a and used to the ground and pound wing t type offenses. On the other hand Clinton was in the 2-4a and used to seeing a lot of speed each Friday. It would be a heck of a game IMO. I think overall mena has a few more playmakers across the board.
Places in mena to eat. Sit down I would go with The Branding Iron, its almost to main street. Then as you leave town on 71 North there is Spinellis (spelling?). Its Italian, used to be pretty good but I haven't ate there since they changed management. 
Quick and easy I would go with Chiquita's or Cruizzers.
Do NOT go to Sonic (cruizzers is better) or the T Bell/ KFC combo.

phdefense

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 23, 2014, 08:02:39 pm
If Clinton played Mena first round how would they fair?
Both programs have a reputation for playing small in big games. So it would come down to which one would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Bigbossman

October 23, 2014, 09:04:44 pm #64 Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:07:43 pm by Bigbossman
Quote from: whippersnapper on October 23, 2014, 08:39:50 pm
I think a Clinton/mena game would be pretty good. Similar athletes. Both in the middle of no where haha. Mena just removed from the 4-4a and used to the ground and pound wing t type offenses. On the other hand Clinton was in the 2-4a and used to seeing a lot of speed each Friday. It would be a heck of a game IMO. I think overall mena has a few more playmakers across the board.
Places in mena to eat. Sit down I would go with The Branding Iron, its almost to main street. Then as you leave town on 71 North there is Spinellis (spelling?). Its Italian, used to be pretty good but I haven't ate there since they changed management. 
Quick and easy I would go with Chiquita's or Cruizzers.
Do NOT go to Sonic (cruizzers is better) or the T Bell/ KFC combo.
thanks whip, the branding iron was the name I was trying to remember?

[quoteauthor=intruder link=topic=138400.msg3049351#msg3049351 date=1414114547]
The Mrs. wouldn't mind the Burger King, would she?  [/quote] im affraid that wouldnt work.

intruder

I gotcha, we will be at chopping block at 5:30.

hawgfan15

Branding iron is a good choice. Or the new Italian place on the south end of town.

JimBobApplesauce

Sadly, I'm gonna be missing this show.  Got a fancy pants fundraiser to get all dressed up fur.  Will be checking this thread on my fancy cellular device for updates.... countin' on you hawgfan15 to keep me in the know.

Looks to be a nice fight on the grid iron.

SCRAPPERS pull it out in the end by two touchdowns.

WPWells

Mena by 7

12th Man has spoken

Gray lizard

I will be watching for the score on this game.  Looks to be an important one for the 7-4A.  Reading this one would think Nashville will control the game.  Mena at home looks good to me.  Just score comparing for what it is worth.

hawgfan15

Quote from: JimBobApplesauce on October 24, 2014, 07:03:40 am
Sadly, I'm gonna be missing this show.  Got a fancy pants fundraiser to get all dressed up fur.  Will be checking this thread on my fancy cellular device for updates.... countin' on you hawgfan15 to keep me in the know.

Looks to be a nice fight on the grid iron.

SCRAPPERS pull it out in the end by two touchdowns.

I've got ya covered tonight

polksalet

FootBallar21

Quote from: Bigbossman on October 23, 2014, 08:31:09 pm

★don't want mexican★don't want mexican★

Branding Iron Hands down the best, 
Papas or La Villa both good Mexican Options too

redeye819

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 24, 2014, 05:08:35 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on October 23, 2014, 08:31:09 pm

★don't want mexica

n★don't want mexican★

Branding Iron Hands down the best, 
Papas or La Villa both good Mexican Options too
Was mighty fine!

hawgfan15

Leonard Snell runs it in from 8 yards out. PAT is good

Nashville 7

Mena 0

7:02

1st

Mena went 3 and out on first drive

Scrapper14

If the Scrappers play up to the abilities they have it could be a long night for the Bearcats. I'm taking the Scrappers 42-21

hawgfan15

Leonard Snell runs it in from 1 yard out. PAT is good

Nashville 14

Mena 0

:25

1st

hawgfan15

Leonard Snell runs it in from 7 yards out. PAT is good

Nashville 21

Mena 0

7:18

2nd

Mena hasn't earned a 1st down yet

hawgfan15

Leonard Snell ran it in from 15 yards out. PAT is good

Nashville 28

Mena 0

1:28

2nd

AirWarren

Orange and black teams putting the hurt on tonight :D

polksalet

Scrappcheerdad

Wow. I don't think mena knew they had a game tonight.

~WPS~

Nashville 28-0 halftime. Hopkins just missed a TD on the last play.

mossflyer

Kinda figured this would happen.

AirWarren

Appears both FL and mena forgot about football tonight.

hawgfan15

Mena just got their first 1st down half way through the 3rd

hawgfan15

Pettway just took a INT 96 yards for a TD. PAT is good

Nashville 35

Mena 0

2:16

3rd

redeye819

Pettway 98 yrd int return. 35-0 2:16 left in 3rd

hawgfan15

Nashville 35

Mena 7

Final

Mena threw a TD with :30 left.

Nashville is starting to put it all together

~WPS~

This game was the definition of domination.

hawgfan15

The radio said Mena had 6 yards of offense at halftime. 135 total yards for the game and 82 of that came on the final drive against the 2nd string

FBfan79

polksalet

What are our offensive stats like?

~WPS~

hawgfan15

Snell had 130 or so rushing yards and 4 TD's
Hopkins had 120 or so rushing yards

Nothing flashy tonight, just winning football

FootBallar21

no excuses ,  Nashville was dominate and clearly the better team  ,    Mena like it hasn't in several games this year did not show up to play in the first half though,    In that 3rd Quarter against Nashville's starters still,  Mena's defense held them scoreless and forced an interception, and was driving down to the Nashville 4 yard line,  before Pettiway made the great play for the pick 6.  Mena was looking like a team,  determined to save face and probably end up loosing 28-14 at that point,  but Pettiway didn't let that happened and the game was over at that point,   Mena scored vs Nashville's 2nd string late to make it 35-7.     Mena missing its best player and another key starter really hurt,    had those kids played and Mena still showed up like that in the first half,  they still get killed,   Having both players in there though, maybe Mena has a better mindset and more confidence,  it was almost like Mena thought they had already lost before the game started!    Mena played like one of the worse teams in conference and they aren't that alone lets me believe this score should of been much closer if they played again,     Mena still has a Great shot of finishing 2nd in conference,   though last night they Clearly did not look like the 2 seed from 7-4A !     

This is a key you can't look at any common scores in this conference this year,   All about Matchups and if Teams show up,  which it is looking more and more likely that Nashville didn't show up vs Fountain Lake,  as they could slip all the way out of the playoffs these last 2 weeks!     and Nashville has regained its position atop the 7-4A conference!   

~WPS~

I really appreciate one of Mena's players flipping the bird (twice) to our fans. Mena always is classy. Ha!

whippersnapper

Well as being someone that does post from mena. I would like to apologize for that kind of behavior. With Coach Harper being a preacher I am sure if he is aware that this happened it will be taken care of.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 25, 2014, 09:43:22 am
I really appreciate one of Mena's players flipping the bird (twice) to our fans. Mena always is classy. Ha!

He may have been un happy , with the Nashville Fans Cheering , AFTER THE HORRIBLE CHEAP SHOT on the defensisless Mena player,   the kid from Nashville should of been ejected, but wasn't! 

redeye819

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 25, 2014, 10:17:37 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 25, 2014, 09:43:22 am

He may have been un happy , with the Nashville Fans Cheering , AFTER THE HORRIBLE CHEAP SHOT on the defensisless Mena player,   the kid from Nashville should of been ejected, but wasn't!
That was a clean block that he is feeling this morning. No more no less. We weren't cheering for the block as much as we were the punt return for a TD.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas