• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PR @ PG Week 7

Started by Ole Legend, October 11, 2014, 01:33:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Legend

With PR coming off of a big win at Gravette, and PG losing at Shiloh, what are some predictions for this week?

Cfpr

I'm sure I'll be outnumbered here, but I say pr by 6 points. Was real close last year and determined by a real close call at the end. Hawks will come ready to play.

Ole Legend

I was at that game last year. The difference this year is Brumley doesn't have a clutch receiver like he did last year. Rose helped them a lot last year against PG.

Cfpr

Defense for pr better this year. Offense is good for 3 td. D just has to hold them to less than that. Pr is hard to run against. Not sure what duarte got last night, but didn't seem like much. Hopefully a hard fought/close game. I haven't checked out any film yet. Does pg run or pass a lot?

TIGER101

Quote from: Cfpr on October 11, 2014, 05:17:59 pm
I'm sure I'll be outnumbered here, but I say pr by 6 points. Was real close last year and determined by a real close call at the end. Hawks will come ready to play.

I think you will be with the majority.   Heck I may be with you in picking Pea Ridge if PG can't figure out how to stop fumbling the ball.  Someone said they have had something like 13 fumbles the past 3 games.

Ole Legend

To the best of my knowledge, PG mixes it up pretty well with run and pass plays. The PR defense is a ton better than last year. The offense is more experienced except for the receivers. I think PR could put up 35 points. Against Gravette, there were multiple long plays called back for questionable holding calls.

Cfpr

Just read that pg is predicted to beat pr by 2 points. I like those odds. Also watched film of pg vs Shiloh. Speed of pr defensive line is going to be hard to keep up with. They will be in the pg backfield all night. Should be a great game with a close final score.

TIGER101

Who ever has the fewest turnovers wins this game..

Cajun Hog

I'm picking PG which mean every time this year I have they have lost. So my sleeper pick of PR should be ok by me picking PG.   ;D

IPROFB

I think this is the game for second place in conference. My money is on Pee Ridge.  ;D

PG falls to third place Fri night.

Defense 101

After watching both teams play Gravette I think PG can win by 10+

prHOG13

14-0 Pea Ridge at half. Ball security issues for PG continue

prHOG13

Pea Ridge wins 28-20.

Prairie Grove's ball security issues continue. I think a lot of that has to do w/ the play calling. That little trap-reverse they run between the tackles may work in pee-wee, but that puts a lot of pressure on the interior line. If they get blown like, like they did twice tonight, that exchange gets real dicey.

Also several bone-headed plays, namely the muffed punt by one of the PG players. Brumley booms a punt over the returners head who was going to let it bounce toward the end zone... a PG player (not the punt returner) decides he's going to try and pick up the ball as its bouncing toward the end zone and mishandles it, and our gunner picks it up and falls in the end zone. Pea Ridge was up 14-8 at that point and Prairie Grove had a lot of momentum.

Both teams had turnovers inside the opponents 30 (Pea Ridge with an INT as Brumley was hit as he threw, and PG had a fumble).

Soehner is a monster... Pea Ridge's DL was pretty dominant tonight, forcing Prairie Grove into a lot of passing situations.

This Blackhawk team continues to impress me. They play physical, smashmouth football and take care of the ball. 7-0 with two pretty weak opponents the next two weeks which should set up a showdown against Shiloh for the 1 seed and conference crown.

whippersnapper

Really impressed by Pea Ridge.  Go hawks

Ole Legend

I am also impressed with PR. I did pick them to win tonight, but they handled PG almost with ease. Yes, the entire game was close, but PR had an answer for everything that PG threw at them. PR has Berryville next week for homecoming at The Ridge, then they go to Huntsville the following week. I know that you can never take a game for granted, but if PR plays decent in these games they should win.

Then, if Shiloh takes care of business, it sets up a show down during week 10. Shiloh at Pea Ridge. For the conference championship. I know we shouldn't be looking three weeks ahead, but it is kind of hard not to.

whippersnapper

Hey man were fans that's what this website is for! Haha. Sh I understand kill Berryville, at Huntsville will be a tough one for a little bit. A half or so if I had to guess. Then at home for Shiloh? Can't ask for more. But looking at the bracket the 2 seed is much better imo

Ole Legend

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 17, 2014, 11:02:22 pm
Hey man were fans that's what this website is for! Haha. Sh I understand kill Berryville, at Huntsville will be a tough one for a little bit. A half or so if I had to guess. Then at home for Shiloh? Can't ask for more. But looking at the bracket the 2 seed is much better imo

I agree with you. I had not looked at the bracket until tonight. Either way, it has been many years since PR has won a conference title, and it would be a little extra special to beat Shiloh for the title.

The Coach

Quote from: Ole Legend on October 17, 2014, 11:09:55 pm

I agree with you. I had not looked at the bracket until tonight. Either way, it has been many years since PR has won a conference title, and it would be a little extra special to beat Shiloh for the title.

PR won the conference what 2 years ago? So it hasn't been that long.

whippersnapper

No they lost to PG. Went 10-2 (6-1)

The Coach

That's right. I stand corrected.

Cfpr

Proud to be a hawk tonight. Hats off to the tigers, they played their hearts out. PR just made less mistakes. And how bout that D-line. Forced PG to pass, just nothing there up the middle. PG #17 huge kid, with great hands. Hard to cover and hard to tackle. Gang tackled him all night. Saw one play where D tackle was involved in a tackle at the sidelines after a completed pass. Now that is pursuit. Good luck tigers and go Blackhawks.

iivydriff

October 18, 2014, 03:08:07 am #21 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:21:12 am by iivydriff
Great game tonight. The boys played hard on both teams. Great job to the PR coaching staff all of them. Heck of a good job. The PR players may not be big in size but they play with alot of heart. Proud of them.       
PG's coach and players have class, they can whip your butt with class. But in the rare case they do lose a game. They still play with class.
Officials did a good job tonight also.

iivydriff

October 18, 2014, 03:25:02 am #22 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:56:25 am by iivydriff
Moderator Delete this

iivydriff

Quote from: The Coach on October 17, 2014, 11:12:24 pm
Quote from: Ole Legend on October 17, 2014, 11:09:55 pm

PR won the conference what 2 years ago? So it hasn't been that long.
1994 was the last time PR won the conf. outright

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas