• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Pre Season Poll

Started by Ole Legend, August 16, 2017, 07:49:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is everyone's favorite to win the conference?

Gravette
0 (0%)
Pea Ridge
9 (37.5%)
Prairie Grove
12 (50%)
Gentry
0 (0%)
Shiloh
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: August 26, 2017, 07:49:16 pm

Ole Legend

I think this year might be the year Prarie Grove FINALLY loses a game! Shiloh, pea ridge, and Gravette are all going to be tough outings for the tigers.

beach bum

August 16, 2017, 07:56:24 pm #1 Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:58:06 pm by beach bum
Are they playing 7 on 7 style in shorts, shirt, and helmet? If so Pea Ridge would win. Or are they playing with the usual uniform of full pads? PG's defense will shut down Pea Ridge again with physicality. Pea Ridge won't be able to tackle the RB, FB, or TE again either.....  PG will have drop off in talent after this year and this group of seniors will take this again. 2018 will finally be the year someone can take the league from PG. Not 2017

prHOG13

this years going to be a lot of fun. Really looking forward to it.

RZback

Beach Bum, I heard a rumor that PG was not going to be able to depend on its passing game the way it has the past couple of seasons, any truth to this?

dukes424

PG will have a bright spot in their tailback this year as Johnson is the real deal. Their passing and defense will drop off from last year. I do't see them hanging with the Ridge this year they wont be able to score with them and wont have the defense to stop them. Question is will the Ridge have the defense to stop the Wing T this year. Gravette is the surprise team this year in the conference IMO I think they will make a push for a 2 or 3 seed.

RZback

Quote from: dukes424 on August 17, 2017, 10:59:05 am
PG will have a bright spot in their tailback this year as Johnson is the real deal. Their passing and defense will drop off from last year. I do't see them hanging with the Ridge this year they wont be able to score with them and wont have the defense to stop them. Question is will the Ridge have the defense to stop the Wing T this year. Gravette is the surprise team this year in the conference IMO I think they will make a push for a 2 or 3 seed.

That would be a big improvement for them, moving ahead of two of the top three conference teams.  Why so much better?

dukes424

I said they may make a push but time will tell. I think that Coach Harrelson will be unconventional on his play calling this year. I think they will run run run and think about passing and then run again with one of the most under rated backs in 4a Austin Obrien. I seen him at a few camps and he is real good. I don't think they will be a great passing team but will have a chance if the tailback stays healthy and their defense is legit. I don't know much about the qb I think he came in last year after the starter got hurt. They could play PG or the Ridge tight if they slow down the game a bit and a turn over or two - who knows. Gravette and Shiloh are a toss up to me this year but if Obrien and the line is healthy I would give the Lions the nod. 

pridgehog

P Grove lost too much, I say Pea Ridge runs right past them with ease this time...  You can't tackle what you can't catch...

Trojanball24

SUGARTOWN

RZback

Quote from: Trojanball24 on August 18, 2017, 11:37:17 am
Watch out for Lincoln!

I hear they could be anything from 0-10, rather unlikely, to 5-5 if all goes right.  Lack of experience in key areas and moving kids around to cover losses.  That's the word anyway.

nuttinbuthogs

The most important change would be at QB I think. If Caleb Lloyd plays  that position then they may have trouble at RB. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas