• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A Week 5

Started by athletic supporter, September 23, 2018, 10:25:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

athletic supporter

September 23, 2018, 10:25:11 am Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:28:56 am by athletic supporter
Winner in BOLD:

Perryville @ Atkins...The Red Devils are as good defensively as they have been in quite a while. They continue to struggle somewhat offensively, but they have the potential to be an offensive juggernaut. I think they put it all together this week...49-12

Danville @ Two Rivers...These two schools don't like each other. I just hope Crane has mercy on the Gators. It's not likely...56-0

Baptist Prep @ Jessieville...The Lions freshman QB is maturing and getting more confidence with each victory. I think he feasts on the BP secondary this week...34-22

Game of the Week:

Mayflower @ Glen Rose...I think these are the two best teams in this conference, and possibly two of the top five teams in the state. I think the Beavers non-conference slate has them better prepared for this matchup. That and home field advantage give them the victory...28-22

Grayte88

Mayflower and GR will be a good game. Mayflower has been held under 40 once in the last 16 games(Rivercrest). GR will have to chew the clock to keep it that low scoring. Looking forward to the game!

Grayte88

Penalties could have the same effect. Hope it's not that kind of game. Lol

ROULETTE

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 25, 2018, 07:51:30 am
Mayflower and GR will be a good game. Mayflower has been held under 40 once in the last 16 games(Rivercrest). GR will have to chew the clock to keep it that low scoring. Looking forward to the game!

Mayflower will not score 40 points this Friday

SR30

Glen Rose has found its offense and can strike quick at any given time.

Grayte88

Maybe not 40 but 30-35 isn't a stretch at all. We will see

HorseFeathers

Baptist just threw a wrench into jessieville season

WarEagle10

Baptist had to have sacked J'ville QB 15 times. Put pressure on him all night.  Secondary for Baptist had 2 picks as well.  J'Ville scored on a long run in the second half but couldn't manage much more offense until the last drive of the 4th qtr. 

ROULETTE

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 25, 2018, 12:20:00 pm
Maybe not 40 but 30-35 isn't a stretch at all. We will see

👀👀👀

WarEagle10

I've seen both Atkins and J'Ville in conference now. Atkins is at a different level for sure.   They are well  coached and very physical.  Will be interesting to watch the Atkins vs. Glen Rose game since those 2 seem to be the front runners. 

Grayte88

Atkins don't stand a chance at Glenrose. When they announced the refs tonight . Mayflower scored on the 1st play 85 yards called back on a BS penalty. 3 of the first 4 plays penalties against Mayflower. Another touchdown called back in first half on penalty. They announced the refs before the game and 2 or 3 of the refs had the same last name(related). Very fishy. The last few years I've heard about the refs at Glenrose and I seen it with my own eyes. Should have been 28-17 MF at the half. Worst officiating I've ever seen. No one will beat GR at home with those pitiful referees. It a joke. No wander GR wins all their home games. MF had a bad second but the damage was already done. How does GR get Danville, MF and Atkins and the weak teams on the road.. Sham

ROULETTE

September 29, 2018, 01:28:43 am #11 Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 01:34:06 am by ROULETTE
Quote from: Grayte88 on September 29, 2018, 12:43:48 am
Atkins don't stand a chance at Glenrose. When they announced the refs tonight . Mayflower scored on the 1st play 85 yards called back on a BS penalty. 3 of the first 4 plays penalties against Mayflower. Another touchdown called back in first half on penalty. They announced the refs before the game and 2 or 3 of the refs had the same last name(related). Very fishy. The last few years I've heard about the refs at Glenrose and I seen it with my own eyes. Should have been 28-17 MF at the half. Worst officiating I've ever seen. No one will beat GR at home with those pitiful referees. It a joke. No wander GR wins all their home games. MF had a bad second but the damage was already done. How does GR get Danville, MF and Atkins and the weak teams on the road.. Sham

C'mon now, don't be that kind of loser. There were lots of penalties on both sides and that crew hasn't even called a game for Glen Rose this year.  Mayflower is a solid team no doubt, with a good defense.  But the better team won tonight. And you're right. The first like two plays MF had on offense was a hold and someone moved before ball was snapped. That's a foul in football. Not to mention the GR defense forced like 4 turnovers.  Good luck rest of the way through!

Moose

Lots of penalties both ways.  I haven't seen the stats, but I'm willing to bet GR was penalized more than Mayflower.  Glen Rose dominated Mayflower in the second half, with the defense shutting Mayflower's run game almost completely down.  Mayflower's running back is very good, if he gets in the open field, you can forget about it.  GR's kicker made a FG in the first half from 29 yards out, then in the second half he made a 44, a 47, and then a 49 yarder.  The kid has a leg for sure.   Refs had nothing to do with the outcome of this game.  The better team won, period. 

DeeGee

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 29, 2018, 01:28:43 am
C'mon now, don't be that kind of loser. There were lots of penalties on both sides and that crew hasn't even called a game for Glen Rose this year.  Mayflower is a solid team no doubt, with a good defense.  But the better team won tonight. And you're right. The first like two plays MF had on offense was a hold and someone moved before ball was snapped. That's a foul in football. Not to mention the GR defense forced like 4 turnovers.  Good luck rest of the way through!

I was about to say pretty much the same. Even when GR has a bad year they still find a way to win. I  have watched GR since my son played there from 7th grade to his JR year. The coaching staff just knows how to over come. He played his Senior year at Riverview and he hated it. Coaches were too soft and they had 1 good running back, which is now my son in law. My son played on defense there and he wasn't even allowed to wrap up to tackle, they were supposed to just try and push their opponents to the ground or out of bounds. He goes to a Christian college now and they don't have a football ball team so the psychiatrist where I work got him on their traveling Rugby team and he loves it.
Sorry to get off subject but for yeats on here people talk so bad about GR. Don't be mad because their coaches don't want them looking to future games but preparing hard for the team they play on friday. They always are prepared for anything even trick plays. So I  say GR wins. The only time I ever worried was when they had to play Charleston, in ayoffs or State, and when them and Prescott were in the same conference because it was a huge rivalry game and both teams were out for blood.

SR30

You can complain about the refs all you want. It's the democratic thing to do. However
1. AAA assigns refs to conference games.
2. I dare you to find one ref in the state
   Who even likes the coaching staff at
   GR. Did you not overhear the side judge
   Complaining about kehner on the open
   Mic?
3. Gr just played on another level period.

athletic supporter

This week's results:

Atkins 44 Perryville 7...Dominating performance again by the Red Devils. It gets tougher from here on out except for Week 10

Danville 60 Two Rivers 0...I was afraid of that

Baptist Prep 14 Jessieville 8...The Eagles throw their hat into the playoff race.

Glen Rose 40 Mayflower 14...Not nearly as close as most thought. I still think Mayflower is the 2 seed in this conference

Closing thought for the week: Everyone gets cheated when you lose on the road

This week: 3-1
YTD: 22-4

ROULETTE

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 29, 2018, 04:29:55 pm
This week's results:

Atkins 44 Perryville 7...Dominating performance again by the Red Devils. It gets tougher from here on out except for Week 10

Baptist Prep 14 Jessieville 8...The Eagles throw their hat into the playoff race.

Glen Rose 40 Mayflower 14...Not nearly as close as most thought. I still think Mayflower is the 2 seed in this conference

+1

Senator Snuffy

There are rules that dictate the game of football. MF players have to learn those rules. And it was 17-14 at half. MF was still very much in it at that point. MF just laid down the second half and GR was rolling both defensively and offensively. 

Senator Snuffy

This week's results:

Very well said!!

HorseFeathers

When did the AAA start assigning refs? It's always been on the host school to get them...thats why in the rare case of the refs not showing up, or not being hired at all to do that game results in the host school having to forfeit... And as the coach at WYC found out last year(or so the rumour went) it was his job to and got reassigned out of coaching after it happened to them last season...

athletic supporter

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 29, 2018, 08:20:09 pm
When did the AAA start assigning refs? It's always been on the host school to get them...thats why in the rare case of the refs not showing up, or not being hired at all to do that game results in the host school having to forfeit... And as the coach at WYC found out last year(or so the rumour went) it was his job to and got reassigned out of coaching after it happened to them last season...

Bingo! Turned out good for that coach though. He's an assistant at Danville now and his son is making an impact

beach bum

This week's results:

I am not a betting man, but maybe we should all take you to Vegas!

athletic supporter

Quote from: beach bum on September 29, 2018, 08:53:49 pm
I am not a betting man, but maybe we should all take you to Vegas!

Load up! I am not just getting winners correct. I've been VERY close to nailing the correct score in several games this season.

bulldog

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 29, 2018, 08:20:09 pm

AAA only assigns for playoffs.  But, many conferences are now utilizing someone to assign officials for there conference games.

ROULETTE

Quote from: bulldog on September 29, 2018, 09:43:44 pm
AAA only assigns for playoffs.  But, many conferences are now utilizing someone to assign officials for there conference games.

In regards to the Glen Rose loving refs that officiated Friday, I've never seen this crew at Glen Rose before. And I've been at every home game for the past 4 years.  I honestly don't know if Kehner chose  them or not. Just stating what I've seen

HorseFeathers

In regards to my earlier post....I stand corrected, Lewis left WYC by his own choice... 4-2a had an assignor last year and he and the a.d at WYC dropped that ball not him.

SR30

Kehner does not choose his own officials. I know they are assigned now. I thought it was AAA but I was wrong. I do know they have someone who does it for them. I have been to every game since my son was a freshman and I have never seen this crew either. Very flag happy on both sides

Linebacker

Why all the complaints about glen rose refs then. I could see it if just a few complaints. But when multiple complaints from multiple teams there is something to it. I would think. But I could be wrong. Maybe bad calls just happen to be at glen rose all the time. Maybe everybody else is wrong about this except glen rose?

CoolBreeze

Bad calls do seem especially abundant at some places. And oddly, they almost always favor the home team. Isn't that strange?

Linebacker

You are right they do favor the home team most of the time. That is strange?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas