• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foul/no foul?

Started by 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT, September 16, 2017, 01:16:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Situation I witnessed tonight.  After a change of possession (punt), team A huddles between hash marks, breaks huddle and lines up.  Wide out (A3)  lines up between  A's hash mark and the numbers..  Coach realizes he is missing a player.  A83 steps on field from sidelines and lines up outside of A3.  Crew lets the play go.  Shouldn't it have been a foul?

Rulesman

Yes. Player that entered must momentarily be between the numbers. This rule was put in the eliminate the "hideout" play.

john3459

The player that entered late (after the RFP) lined up above the numbers and was recognized by B. There were no players that left the field (no substitutions) so we let the play run.  I admit it looked bad but by rule it was legal. There was no deception by A, just a player that did not realize it was his time to be in the game.

john3459

Continuing with the topic.....even though it would not have affected this play (change of possession) I do think that NFHS needs to have a 40/25  play clock and equal substitution rule as the NCAA does.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: john3459 on September 17, 2017, 10:00:49 pm
The player that entered late (after the RFP) lined up above the numbers and was recognized by B. There were no players that left the field (no substitutions) so we let the play run.  I admit it looked bad but by rule it was legal. There was no deception by A, just a player that did not realize it was his time to be in the game.

Good deal. Overall the officiating for this game was very good.  Hope the official that got taken out at the goal line was OK.

john3459

Unfortunately he had his ruptured Achilles surgically repaired this morning.......He is expected to make a full recovery but it will be next year before we have him back on the field.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: john3459 on September 25, 2017, 01:18:25 pm
Unfortunately he had his ruptured Achilles surgically repaired this morning.......He is expected to make a full recovery but it will be next year before we have him back on the field.

Ouch.  Ya'll did a good job overall from what I could tell.  Good thing you had an alternate waiting in the wings..to cover the wing..LOL

High Voltage

Okay, so legal or not? It looks like by rule it was illegal but the ref's saw no deception so let it play out?

nomorewhining

As long as the player goes inside the 27 foot mark ( bottom of numbers), it is legal

Made

I thought 27 foot was the top of the numbers

nomorewhining

you are right....top of numbers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas