• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1

Started by Baller91, October 12, 2018, 08:57:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk4L

4E vs 5W winner plays 3W— winner plays 2E—winner plays  1W
3E vs 4W winner plays 2W— winner plays 1E

prHOG13

Learn how to post a pic Hawk4L ya old man ;)

BRJ_Basketball

Anyone know who is in the East and West division of 4A-1?

Hawk4L

East
Berryville
Harrison
Shiloh
Huntsville

West
Pea Ridge
Farmington
Gravette
Gentry
Prairie Grove

beach bum

Having divisions in a 9 team league makes no sense.... Ever heard of just playing a home & home for a total of 16 games so you have a balanced conference schedule? Might have been too radical of an idea for some conference coaches I guess  8)

Go Postal

January 30, 2019, 08:30:01 pm #205 Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 08:32:44 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Hawk4L on January 30, 2019, 04:57:03 pm
East
Berryville
Harrison
Shiloh
Huntsville

West
Pea Ridge
Farmington
Gravette
Gentry
Prairie Grove
Quote from: beach bum on January 30, 2019, 05:58:33 pm
Having divisions in a 9 team league makes no sense.... Ever heard of just playing a home & home for a total of 16 games so you have a balanced conference schedule? Might have been too radical of an idea for some conference coaches I guess  8)

That us guys from the 5A West feel that we been in that conference.  Thanks guys for helping us learn about districts and regionals.  I was wanting to do a 4A-1 standings but even though I could find out who was in the 4A-1, I was confused on who was in the East or West.  This info helps me and others from the old 5A West to understand more of what the structure of how the teams are separated.  This might could help beachbum and me in understanding stuff when the Spring sports start. 
One thing that I had a question on was why is Shiloh in the East?  Are they closer to Huntsville than Farmington or Pea Ridge?
That also brings to mind, during soccer season, Shiloh only has a girl's team and Farmington doesn't play that sport.  I know Huntsville, Berryville has both genders for that sport but not sure of the rest of the 4A-1.  Kayyy rap, I'm confused again of who does what with whom and when. ??? ;)

Cajun Hog

Quote from: beach bum on January 30, 2019, 05:58:33 pm

My understanding is coaches didn't want just 2 non-conference games playing full round-robin schedule.

Hawk4L

Pea Ridge is closer then Shiloh to those east teams. We shoulda been in east but I'm glad we are not.
Pea Ridge doesn't have soccer not sure about the rest of the schools

prHOG13

Logistics have never made sense when it comestibles conference realignment in Arkansas

beach bum

January 31, 2019, 10:27:58 am #209 Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:31:06 am by beach bum
I get all the points you all are making, but an unbalanced conference schedule has always been a joke to me. How on Earth is it fair that one West team draws Huntsville @ home and Shiloh on the road while the next West team draws Huntsville on the road and Shiloh at home. The first scenario you are giving yourself a shot at 2-0 in those games while the other scenario good luck winning @ Huntsville so you are probably only looking at a split in those two games. Your conference schedule should never be compromised at the expense of non conference games because non conference games have ZERO bearing of how it impacts postseason. Seeding for district is based upon your regular season conference record, not who you lost or beat in essentially meaningless non-conference tournaments.

And to Postal with the soccer question.... Prairie Grove has boys and girls teams. In the old classification format PG was kind of middle of the pack to getting 3rd or so on good years in the conference. I think they'll take a tiny step back with the addition of some more solid teams into the 4A soccer mix. Pea Ridge and Farmington need to get on board and start playing. They  have no excuses cause their enrollment is getting plenty high enough to support a program.

Hawk4L

Pea ridge has a league for soccer for like 5-18yrs old. Not sure why we don't have it at schools yet.  I agree there shouldn't be split divisions in conference

Go Postal

January 31, 2019, 08:55:51 pm #211 Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 07:21:56 am by Go Postal
That other sport is getting more and more popular with schools (especially smaller schools) do to the fact that it costs less for the schools than most other sports.  Basically a pitch (field a little larger than a football field), two goals and uniforms.  Parents supply shin guards and shoes and also lawn chairs for themselves at games.  No gyms or arenas. No football protective gear or stadium.  Just two halves of 40 minutes of constant stamina , skill and strategy.  Harrison has had a youth soccer league from kindergarten up to 8th grade then you can play high school soccer starting in your freshman year.  Hiring a great soccer coach is a great plus if the school can afford it.  I believe that parent, student and school participation for the program is what has lead Harrison to have the most boys/girls State Championships in that sport only tied with Bentonville over the years.  We have also some of the best grass and turf fields for tournament play that you can find due to the community donations.  Matter of fact, Bergman will host the 3A state playoffs at our facilities this year.
Anything can happen if the community shows the local school board that another sport offered is wanted by the parents and students.  Let's say your kid is too short for basketball and might not be big enough for football and doesn't play baseball but has a lot of energy, discipline and passion to play a sport.  What is she or he to do?  All of sudden the school starts a soccer program that utilizes a basketball strategy but with 11 players on a team and on a larger than a football field playing a 80 minute game with no timeouts and using every part of your body except your arms or hands to move the ball.  Priceless.  A good example of a larger school starting this other sports program is Alma.  They have one if the best basketball arenas in the State.  A very good football program.  But didn't offer Soccer until pressure from the community, students and others showed their school board that it was a wanted program to offer the kids.  Alma hired one of the best soccer coaches in the State to teach their young team.  Reminds me of Harrison back in 2001.  I believe this will be the 1st year that they will play varsity soccer and they will be playing two of the best old 6A teams in the West (I'm only sorry that Harrison isn't in the 5A for that this year).  But trial by fire is what makes a new sports program in to a great boys and/or girls team.  Yes, I will secretly be rooting for the 'dales for "coming out if the closet" and venturing into something new.
Farmington, Pea Ridge and other schools would be welcomed in that boys/girls sport.  Let your school board know.
...off my soapbox now.  Back to basketball.

doctor in the house

The Sr. boys coach at Huntsville has done an outstanding job with his team this season..

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Go Postal on January 31, 2019, 08:55:51 pm
That other sport is getting more and more popular with schools (especially smaller schools) do to the fact that it costs less for the schools than most other sports.  Basically a pitch (field a little larger than a football field), two goals and uniforms.  Parents supply shin guards and shoes and also lawn chairs for themselves at games.  No gyms or arenas. No football protective gear or stadium.  Just two halves of 40 minutes of constant stamina , skill and strategy.  Harrison has had a youth soccer league from kindergarten up to 8th grade then you can play high school soccer starting in your freshman year.  Hiring a great soccer coach is a great plus if the school can afford it.  I believe that parent, student and school participation for the program is what has lead Harrison to have the most boys/girls State Championships in that sport only tied with Bentonville over the years.  We have also some of the best grass and turf fields for tournament play that you can find due to the community donations.  Matter of fact, Bergman will host the 3A state playoffs at our facilities this year.
Anything can happen if the community shows the local school board that another sport offered is wanted by the parents and students.  Let's say your kid is too short for basketball and might not be big enough for football and doesn't play baseball but has a lot of energy, discipline and passion to play a sport.  What is she or he to do?  All of sudden the school starts a soccer program that utilizes a basketball strategy but with 11 players on a team and on a larger than a football field playing a 80 minute game with no timeouts and using every part of your body except your arms or hands to move the ball.  Priceless.  A good example of a larger school starting this other sports program is Alma.  They have one if the best basketball arenas in the State.  A very good football program.  But didn't offer Soccer until pressure from the community, students and others showed their school board that it was a wanted program to offer the kids.  Alma hired one of the best soccer coaches in the State to teach their young team.  Reminds me of Harrison back in 2001.  I believe this will be the 1st year that they will play varsity soccer and they will be playing two of the best old 6A teams in the West (I'm only sorry that Harrison isn't in the 5A for that this year).  But trial by fire is what makes a new sports program in to a great boys and/or girls team.  Yes, I will secretly be rooting for the 'dales for "coming out if the closet" and venturing into something new.
Farmington, Pea Ridge and other schools would be welcomed in that boys/girls sport.  Let your school board know.
...off my soapbox now.  Back to basketball.
Someone want to summarize this?

beach bum

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 01, 2019, 11:57:47 pm

We were trying to figure out what schools in the new "other sports 1-4A" played soccer. They all need to get on board.

-And I am kind of shocked Huntsville swept Harrison this year

Trackhawk

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 01, 2019, 11:57:47 pm
"Soccer good?"  Interesting fact is that the injury rate per student participating in soccer is much higher than the rate for students participating in football.  I would assume that would derive from all the collisions among players with no padding, and the fact that players use their head to strike a soccer ball.  Heading the ball is not much of a risk to grown matured players but youth or prep.....

Baller91

Does anyone know what the criteria is for the all-state team? In football it is voted on by the coaches, but someone mentioned that they do it differently in basketball. Any insight?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas