• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Athletic Director job

Started by Mike Love, January 09, 2013, 02:14:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Love

The A.D. director at Sheridan has resigned, effective at the end of the school year. The school board has accepted his resignation. Are there any real quality candidates out there???

loyal fan

wouldn't be surprised if Coach Campbell took this job. 

R. A.™

Perkins is listed as assistant principal also.

Mike Love

Yes, he is ALSO the asst principal...that will no longer be tied to the A.D. job

loyal fan

Sounds like a pretty good situation at Sheridan.

No Name

Do you have to have your administration degree to hold this job?

Mike Love

Not sure about the admin stuff, I think you have to have a masters...Superintendent is writing new job description, should be out soon

LionX2

You don't HAVE to get your admin license to be an AD. Some schools require it I'm sure

Mike Love

I would hope they can get a new AD in place before school is out, with that goes on in summer, 7 on 7's, basketball team camps, etc. Couple of very intriguing names being floated about, but we will have to wait and see

Mike Love

Its being reported and confirmed around town that former baseball asst and now current UCA baseball coach was in town and met with superintendent to discuss the AD job etc. It is also rumored around town that former girls bball coach Rick Treadway's name is being mentioned a lot, in the community. Any thoughts???

loyal fan

Quote from: Mike Love on February 01, 2013, 06:56:24 am
Its being reported and confirmed around town that former baseball asst and now current UCA baseball coach was in town and met with superintendent to discuss the AD job etc. It is also rumored around town that former girls bball coach Rick Treadway's name is being mentioned a lot, in the community. Any thoughts???
I know this post wont be popular.  I think Sheridan should go after a football guy for the A.D. job.  All the other sports are pretty well rounded.  I think Coach Campbell is the right man for the job at SHS.  An AD who also is a Football guy might help their situation there.  Couldn't hurt.

birdman1981

Treadway would be a fool to leave his current position.  Just sayin'...............

Mike Love

The Athletic Director job at Sheridan is now posted. They have a whole new job description. Hopefully, there will be some good applicants. I think it will be a good, but challenging situation.

loyal fan

Mike Love

I have heard they have a good many applicants, several from in-house. I hope, in my opinion, if they from within, the "coach" has to give up his coaching position, so they can devote the full attention to the AD duties, they have gone ignored for too long by having too much on the plate.

mdctb123

have they hired a new AD yet?

Thomas Hill

Mike Love

Not yet, but are in the interview process

No Name

Mike,

Who did they hire last night?

Mike Love

I hope I get this name right, if not, someone please correct me. Scarborough, from a small school in NE Arkansas. Talked with an individual who was very impressed with him. He has a chance to really put his mark on the athletic program, at least 5 coaching slots open.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Mike Love on May 15, 2013, 08:15:42 pm
I hope I get this name right, if not, someone please correct me. Scarborough, from a small school in NE Arkansas. Talked with an individual who was very impressed with him. He has a chance to really put his mark on the athletic program, at least 5 coaching slots open.

Which positions are open?

Mike Love

Head jr high boys bball, jr high boys bball asst, HS girls bball asst, head 8th grade football, 7th grade football and possible still a spot on the HS football staff

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas