• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest at Jonesboro Westside

Started by luxora4life, October 13, 2018, 07:16:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigchief72455

501Arkansas

Coltfan2005

great job by the boys from westside tonight. Colts play like this again and it will be a short season.

Coltfan2005

rivercrest offense stagnant entire second half. colts outplayed and outcoached by westside. Kudos to the colts defense holding westside to 20.

Warriorfan21

Good game guys safe travels home. I am glad we got you guys on a night like this. You guys are a heck of a team.

redandgray

Maximus Decimus Meridius

1st off congrats Westside
2nd I'm still not choosing any of my boys for anyone else
3rd Our coaching staff isn't going anywhere, either get behind us or seek life elsewhere! The playcalling was on!! Not taking care of the football and not making 1-2 key stops got us, totally different ballgame if we do what we're suppose to

Football_Fan25

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 19, 2018, 09:02:42 pm
great job by the boys from westside tonight. Colts play like this again and it will be a short season.

Hey Coltfan troll, heard ya lost.   How can that be, beating that chest and undermining the miners.   The true, legit 8-0 team.  Go miners

ISU7

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 19, 2018, 10:20:45 pm
3rd Our coaching staff isn't going anywhere, either get behind us or seek life elsewhere! The playcalling was on!! Not taking care of the football and not making 1-2 key stops got us, totally different ballgame if we do what we're suppose to
Agree now its time too regroup.
Good game Warriors.

ISU7

Colts lost a fumble on every possession in the 2nd half except one 😱

Runnin With The Pack

Quote from: luxora4life on October 14, 2018, 10:48:54 am
Colts defense will not give up  anything near 50 point to Westside.

Nope, but they gave up 20...and that was 7 too many.

Runnin With The Pack

bigchief72455

October 20, 2018, 08:09:41 am #112 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:22:12 am by bigchief72455
Right here. Congratulations. Saw VV got the W last night.

bigchief72455

And everyone is entitled to their own opinion

GHS97

coltfan2005 where you at today? Usually on here talking smack 24/7 but not today! 😂😂😂

bigchief72455

Luckily for me it's mid to late October. The crow is in season and actually tastes decent.

MT Legend

I just watched this game on 42 Sports.Rivercrest has zero passing game that's not going to get it done in the 4A.Throw some screen passes or something all them athletes and none of them can catch? What's up with the lack of passing game? I'm just curious.

Coach79

You guys crack me up.  You see one game and know everything there is to know about a team.  Where have you been for the last few weeks? One week a team is unbeatable, then after a bad night it just getting beat by a better team, suddenly that same team needs a new OC, Head Coach and a new Gator Driver!  (Inside joke for the true ColtFans.  Most "ColtFans" on here haven't actually been to a Colt game in years yet spout off like they are part of the Colt Family which they are not. Win with pride lose with class.  Either way I am sure this Colt football team will be just fine down the road.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coach79 on October 20, 2018, 01:22:27 pm
You guys crack me up.  You see one game and know everything there is to know about a team.  Where have you been for the last few weeks? One week a team is unbeatable, then after a bad night it just getting beat by a better team, suddenly that same team needs a new OC, Head Coach and a new Gator Driver!  (Inside joke for the true ColtFans.  Most "ColtFans" on here haven't actually been to a Colt game in years yet spout off like they are part of the Colt Family which they are not. Win with pride lose with class.  Either way I am sure this Colt football team will be just fine down the road.
Yup bad night for the colts. Still one of the best teams in 4a. Won 13 straight dating back from last season. No need for the colts to hang their hands down. Good luck the rest of the way. Coming from a Seminole fan lol

ISU7

Quote from: GHS97 on October 20, 2018, 11:53:19 am
coltfan2005 where you at today? Usually on here talking smack 24/7 but not today! 😂😂😂
Really GHS97 hmmm. lol ???

ISU7

October 20, 2018, 04:13:44 pm #120 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 04:30:25 pm by ISU7
Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 20, 2018, 03:11:58 pm
Yup bad night for the colts. Still one of the best teams in 4a. Won 13 straight dating back from last season. No need for the colts to hang their hands down. Good luck the rest of the way. Coming from a Seminole fan lol
Exactly 501 some fans taking shots at the Colts who have lost to them is funny, plus they are forgetting Crest moved up from 3A not down from 5A they are the new kid on the block and doing better then the kids that been in 4A for awhile. Westside played a good game and they were the better team last night. Colts will be fine. It's funny how they been a running team for awhile and got too the state finals RUNNING 2 out of the last 3 yrs be it was 3A. If it works go with it til it need fixing. Win a State championship then come talk to Crest. lol lose one game out of 14 and you need to this you need to do that, naw you need to go to the state finals non Colts fans, Lol just fun from me guys.

ISU7

Quote from: MT Legend on October 20, 2018, 12:08:25 pm
I just watched this game on 42 Sports.Rivercrest has zero passing game that's not going to get it done in the 4A.Throw some screen passes or something all them athletes and none of them can catch? What's up with the lack of passing game? I'm just curious.
Crest main receiver been out since week 3 with a knee injury he tried to go last night but his knee starting swelling. Last night wasn't an ideal night for passing I agree that Crest should've thrown some short routes bubble screens stop patterns and of course screens not only last night but the rest of the season. Teams with similar speed will stop the run in the playoffs.

MT Legend

Quote from: ISU7 on October 20, 2018, 04:35:49 pm
Crest main receiver been out since week 3 with a knee injury he tried to go last night but his knee starting swelling. Last night wasn't an ideal night for passing I agree that Crest should've thrown some short routes bubble screens stop patterns and of course screens not only last night but the rest of the season. Teams with similar speed will stop the run in the playoffs.

thank you for sharing.it look like if number 3 would just rise up and sling it out to one of them athletes in space,the athletes around him would be to dangerous in open space.RC had a lot of good looking athletes you got to spread the ball around.3 1 and 6 is all I seen touch the ball.

ISU7

October 20, 2018, 05:01:45 pm #123 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 05:46:26 pm by ISU7
Quote from: MT Legend on October 20, 2018, 04:46:09 pm
thank you for sharing.it look like if number 3 would just rise up and sling it out to one of them athletes in space,the athletes around him would be to dangerous in open space.RC had a lot of good looking athletes you got to spread the ball around.3 1 and 6 is all I seen touch the ball.
True. Hey did you notice on Crest first offensive possession they ran two plays and down marker went from 2nd down to 4th down. lol it was one of those nights. People that was listen to the game on radio said the broadcaster was talking about that and more.

ISU7

Quote from: GHS97 on October 20, 2018, 11:53:19 am
Well one sure thing I do know there's only 3 teams in this conference that has a overall record over 500 and one of them came from 3A last season and help dethrone the two time defending 3-4A champs beating them for the 3rd straight year this year it was 44-21.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

bootlegger

October 20, 2018, 08:48:16 pm #125 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:55:22 pm by bootlegger
This game may be what it takes to wake up our offense and let our coaches see where we need to open up our play calling some we know we have a good running game but when the defenses start stacking the box on almost every down we should at least try to utilize the passing game even if it's a halfback pass.because we have the athletes that can make plays if they get in open spaces,plus you have to beat the best to win a title.o I forgot to congratulate westside on a very well played game .I hope we don't have to play in the rain anymore this season.

gerber707

Didn't everyone play in the rain last night?

hogwild_82

October 20, 2018, 10:25:31 pm #127 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:27:54 pm by hogwild_82
Quote from: ISU7 on October 20, 2018, 05:01:45 pm
True. Hey did you notice on Crest first offensive possession they ran two plays and down marker went from 2nd down to 4th down. lol it was one of those nights. People that was listen to the game on radio said the broadcaster was talking about that and more.

here we go... EXCUSES... they got cheated.. SOME PEOPLE.. can't just say the colts didn't play good enough to win.

The Colts ran a play and the RB ran over a guy and threw the ball at him, so he got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after the play that was ran on second down, it was after the play so that made it third down. The Colts ran a play and got a short gain which made it then forth down. The official signaled  each down every play wither the down marker guys were correct or not.

Fans have to just quit and support the kids. Westside played better THAT NIGHT, they won, against a more athletic team. Congratulate them, love on your players, and get ready for next week.

SOME PEOPLE

Mr.Football69

Rivercrests athletes didn't show any class or good sportsmanship.  After the game many of the starters didn't even shake hands. They just weren't able to live up to the "hype" and get things done this week.  Great team, great athletes, they lost to an even better team.

Coach79

Quote from: Mr.Football69 on October 20, 2018, 11:35:33 pm
Rivercrests athletes didn't show any class or good sportsmanship.  After the game many of the starters didn't even shake hands. They just weren't able to live up to the "hype" and get things done this week.  Great team, great athletes, they lost to an even better team.
First let me say that the guys that did not Shake hands weren't off to you starters.  They did play but were not starters.  Those individuals that chose to make this game more about themselves than the team are probably now much happier that they are not on the team any longer.  That is not how we do things at Rivercrest.  Kudos to Westside you played hard, and did whatever it took to win.  My hat is off to you.derhpw

Runnin With The Pack

Quote from: MT Legend on October 20, 2018, 12:08:25 pm

What is 42 Sports?

Runnin With The Pack

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 20, 2018, 08:09:41 am
Right here. Congratulations. Saw VV got the W last night.

Thanks! And yes...a much-needed one.

501Arkansas

Mr.Football69

Quote from: Coach79 on October 21, 2018, 05:24:27 am
First let me say that the guys that did not Shake hands weren't off to you starters.  They did play but were not starters.  Those individuals that chose to make this game more about themselves than the team are probably now much happier that they are not on the team any longer.  That is not how we do things at Rivercrest.  Kudos to Westside you played hard, and did whatever it took to win.  My hat is off to you.derhpw
Wasnt #1, #3, & #33 starters tho? They dropped their heads and started walking to the bus right after. 

Coltfan2005

Quote from: hornets1983 on October 20, 2018, 08:43:48 am

Coltfan2005 aka Doug Henard. I'm sure the Rivercrest Coaching office is always open if you would like to come talk to the coaching staff instead of hiding behind a computer screen and bashing them.

so, you know my name? gee. And from the first game I have been saying that the offense is stagnant and the play calling is mostly bad. The play calling has to take advantage of the strengths and talents of the team. Posters don't like my comments...big deal. Whine about the "colt family" all you want, but I expect the coaches to be as committed as the players and realize it's a team. Yes, fumbles played a part, but the colts should have been ahead by 14 at half time, the offensive play calling was not taking advantage of the strengths of certain players...it limited them. As far as the players not shaking hands, if it's true than it was uncalled for. But I guarantee you no player was kicked off the team for it. No excuses for the act, but if the players didn't shake hands it wasn't because they were mad at Westside players.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 19, 2018, 10:20:45 pm

it isn't the coaching staff, just two of them. The O.C. and the special teams coach.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Well the OC is doing great, not sure what beef you have with him but he is doing a great job and I'm the special teams coach so...we're here Mon-Sat and idk what to say the game plan was well planned and we lost END OF STORY.

Brown

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 22, 2018, 10:48:04 am
it isn't the coaching staff, just two of them. The O.C. and the special teams coach.

You can't blame the coaching when the players are fumbling the snaps and handoffs

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 22, 2018, 12:14:00 pm
Well the OC is doing great, not sure what beef you have with him but he is doing a great job and I'm the special teams coach so...we're here Mon-Sat and idk what to say the game plan was well planned and we lost END OF STORY.

duh, everyone knows who you are. And you being fine with the job he is doing simply proves my second point. The story doesn't end because you have a tantrum.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 22, 2018, 12:14:00 pm

As I said and apparently you didn't comprehend..my problem is with the calls in the first half.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

October 22, 2018, 04:42:48 pm #140 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:20:54 pm by Maximus Decimus Meridius
I'm not having a tantrum, we scored more points they they did in that half which is what you're suppose to do I thought? When we wasn't fumbling the ball we average 8+ yards per carry so you're right I just don't comprehend I guess?! And you said special teams coach but only problem I seen with us was we didn't block well on punt and fumbled once on kickoff return..I'm also the DC if you have problems with that as well..

BirdFlu

Looks like the colts won't even win conference so a deep run in the playoffs is out of the question

bigchief72455

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 22, 2018, 08:50:28 pm
Looks like the colts won't even win conference so a deep run in the playoffs is out of the question
I wouldn't exactly say that. We have seen plenty of lower seeds make it further than the conference champion.

BirdFlu

bigchief72455

More than likely not but you just never know. Pocahontas was a 4 seed last year and made it further than the 2 and 3 seed.

ISU7

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 22, 2018, 08:50:28 pm
To be coming up from 3A last season I would say the Colts doing just fine 💯

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 22, 2018, 02:01:48 pm
As I said and apparently you didn't comprehend..my problem is with the calls in the first half.
Colts need to at least have a short passing game every route seem to be a go route. What about getting the ball to those player makers in open space not one screen hitch bubble screen swing pass or shuffle pass that would've definitely worked. Colts will have too pass in the playoffs.

ISU7

Quote from: Mr.Football69 on October 22, 2018, 10:20:14 am
Wasnt #1, #3, & #33 starters tho? They dropped their heads and started walking to the bus right after.
They didn't dress on the bus so that's definitely fake news lol

Mr.Football69

Quote from: ISU7 on October 23, 2018, 12:53:53 am
They didn't dress on the bus so that's definitely fake news lol
didnt shake hands either, shows it on film.

bigchief72455

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas