• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

STRONG UP OR DOWN THIS YEAR?

Started by seven007, September 11, 2006, 12:46:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

seven007

WHAT ARE YALL THOUGHTS ON THE BULLDOGS THIS YEAR WILL THEY SINK OR FLOAT? WHAT WILL THEIR RECORD LOOK LIKE AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

The-Bookie

Looks like they are a little of both.  I think they will blow out the bad teams and be blown out by the good ones.  Er, that's what has happened so far.

RisonRacingFan

What do you think about the Rison Strong game this comming Friday night?

Lions84

Quote from: Rison Tradition on September 11, 2006, 12:18:17 pm
What do you think about the Rison Strong game this comming Friday night?

Wildcats too strong for STRONG

Rison  36
Strong14

suebdobdo

It should be interesting.  It's hard to tell much about each team this early in the season when they are busy playing everybody from different divisions.  I do think that Strong will play a better game this year than they did last year against Rison.  Strong has had a couple of positive changes to their team this year.  I am hopeful that Strong comes out on top Friday night.  GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seven007

i agree its hrad to know much about any team this early in the season but the game friday should be interesting

suebdobdo

I'm guessing your from Strong seven007.  It would be nice if Strong could win Friday against Rison before going head to head with JC the following week.  Strong has some good talent.  I did see a huge improvement in the way the Dogs played at the Gillett game vs. the Lafayette County game.  But you also have to take into consideration that Lafayette is 3A and Gillette is 2A.  Rison is 3A also, so I feel that if the Dogs can keep their ground, it will help them with JC. I hope the boys keep up the good work. 

seven007

yep, I'm from strong so im use to the o-ya'll are gonna suck this year talk every year and most of the time their right, but this year we have a good team really young to really hate i missed out on my chance this year to play, but that wont stop me from cheering on my fellow class mates.

The-Bookie

Just in recent memory has Strong not done well.  In the 90's the Dogs' singlewing was unstoppable.

seven007

back in the 90's was a long time ago but yes stromg was a force back then but quickly went down hill after about 97.... but we are climbing back up the football ladder

wildcat_x-mgr

Wasn't it 1995 that Rison beat Strong 10-9? I know it was one of the years we won it all.

Riktors

Yep, 1995 Rison beat Strong 10 to 9.

Strong has no wins over Rison yet, so they have something to shoot for Friday lol.

seven007

Strong is in just it's third year of having a pee wee football program " which is mind boggling to me because kids should start learning the game as early as second grade".. this has already paid off and you can easily tell by looking at the JR high kids from the past two years.. i would have loved to have seen how much of a difference it would have made if the team I played on 3 years which won district would have had the chance to play football at an earlier age then say 12 or 13. In my eyes its far easier to develop talent when it has a strong base to begin with.

doniarebel64

I believe the Bulldogs are headed in the right direction. Not quite there yet. Rison wins Friday by 9.

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on September 12, 2006, 04:23:06 pm
Wasn't it 1995 that Rison beat Strong 10-9? I know it was one of the years we won it all.

That was a UGLY game there...I thought there was gonna be a few fights for sure.

footballfan

Yep, 1995 Rison beat Strong 10 to 9.

I remember being at the game. It wasn't too ugly, just great smashmouth football. Strong had a chance to tie at the end but decided not to try an extra-point kick. Or was it a field goal to win it? I'm getting old and the memory's failing. Tyrone Newton was a beast for the Bulldogs that night. I thought the game was over at half, but Strong came back and dominated things in the second half. It was standing room only around the field in Strong. It was the last game of the year, cold as crap, and a great night of football.

Catfish

I remember a Rison fan getting kicked out for getting on the field arguing with the ref. It was a good game.

footballfan

Bet that wasn't the first or last time that happened!

seven007

yes, it's going to be great to watch strong climb back up and grab a little glory for themselves after years of being looked down upon.

but hey if it wasn't for those year we wouldn't have the determination we do now there always a little good in everything i guess.

suebdobdo

I am anxious to see what happens Friday night.  I am hoping for the "upset" of the week. 

seven007

IT WOULD BE NICE BUT RISON IS PRETTY TUFF SO, IDK... I'LL BE CHEERIN MY DOG ON !!!!

suebdobdo

Me too seven007!!!  I have a senior on the team, so I make a mighty noise at every game :)

chilly gilly

Good Luck Dawgs!!!!!!!! Go Ricebirds!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas