• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison 16/ Woodlawn 7

Started by woodlawndad, September 08, 2006, 09:50:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woodlawndad

It was a very good game.  My hat goes off to Rison.  For digging down & guttin' it out in the 4th Quarter.   Rison outscored us 13-0 in the 4th to take the win.     :'( :'(

Now Catcaller & CatsBbad,  I'm here where are you??   :-\

kav

Good job by woodlawn. Looks like you gave them an excellent game.

woodlawndad

Quote from: kav on September 08, 2006, 09:51:56 pm
Good job by woodlawn. Looks like you gave them an excellent game.

We led 7-3 going in to the 4th.  It looked we just ran out of gas.

bear_in_77#66

thats what I saw too WD.

congrats Rison

hold your heads high Woodlawn, you boys played a good game.

I hope the Rison player that went out in the last minutes of the game is OK.

woodlawndad

We had one of the biggest crowds ever in Woodlawn.  And for the most part, Rison Fans "OUT CHEERED" US.   When the game was on the line.  The fans along our fence & in the End Zone Cheered their A$$es off.  But the fans in the Stands for the most part SAT on their HANDS.

These boys played their Butts off tonight.  And our crowd would hardly even Yell & Rarely stood up.  My God this was Rison.  What's it gonna take to get them off their Butts?

RisonRacingFan

September 08, 2006, 10:13:05 pm #5 Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:35:14 pm by Rison Tradition
Go Cats!!!

Good game tonight Woodlawn.your boys should be proud..they played on heck of a game.I barely have a voice now :D

Im proud of our boys..they manned up,reached deep down and got a come from behind victory in the 4th quater.

THATS RISON WILDCAT FOOTBALL RIGHT THERE BABY!!!

Catfish

Both teams played one heck of a game. I figure we'll see some good things from the Woodlawn team I saw tonight. Good luck on the rest of the season.

bearpapa

Congrats to both teams.  Darn good game. 

I think Woodlawn got outcoached in the second half.  I mean you can only run the same play so many times.  What happened to all this extra stuff the bears were working on. 

Brighter days are ahead for the Bears.  If they ever make teams spread their defense out they will be hard to stop.

wildcat82

Good Job to both teams!!!  Glad to see we pulled it together in the 2nd half.  Glad  The Cats come out on top!!!  They all played a great game!!!

I'm gettin old and it's past my bedtime so congrats Cats. ;D

Bears, looks like you have brighter days ahead, good job!!! :)

Lions84

Congrads to both teams   Woodlawn looks like they are for real this year.

footballfan

Up until this year this game would have been a mercy rule. The Wildcats are down and the Bears are up. Turned out to be one heck of a game. Indeed, congrats to both teams. Both will use the game as something to build on for this season.

wildcat_x-mgr

Woodlawn led 7-3 from early in the first quarter to midway through the fourth. GREAT game, Woodlawn!

I have a feeling some AA teams will be shaking, after seeing that Woodlawn played Rison this close. ;D

Hand it to Norphlet for us this week!

Burto

I think its the other way around............some 3AA teams are going to be saying....oh yeah, but Rison should get it together.

NewCat

Quote from: bear_in_77#66 on September 08, 2006, 09:59:16 pm
thats what I saw too WD.

congrats Rison

Woodlawn did play a good game.  You're right about them just getting tired, too.  During a measurement towards the end of the game, the Bear players were taking a knee to catch their breath. 

BTW, that player that was injured was Kaylon Spears.  I hope he'll be okay, too, but it looked to me as if he might be out for a while with that leg injury.  He was having a real hard time of it when they got out to get on the buses to go home.  It'd be a shame to lose such a great player so early in the season.  :(

bear_in_77#66

Quote from: NewCat on September 09, 2006, 11:02:49 am
Quote from: bear_in_77#66 on September 08, 2006, 09:59:16 pm
thats what I saw too WD.

congrats Rison

Woodlawn did play a good game.  You're right about them just getting tired, too.  During a measurement towards the end of the game, the Bear players were taking a knee to catch their breath. 

BTW, that player that was injured was Kaylon Spears.  I hope he'll be okay, too, but it looked to me as if he might be out for a while with that leg injury.  He was having a real hard time of it when they got out to get on the buses to go home.  It'd be a shame to lose such a great player so early in the season.  :(

looked like it could be a pulled hamstring,if so it will be painful for a while.

woodlawndad

We played hard last night & left it all on the Field.  There are no IFs, And's or Maybe's today.  We played hard but wore down before it was over.  The Bears will be OK.

Now it's officially Norphlet week.

GO BEARS

Prairie_Ar

BearCountry01

bearpapa

Quote from: Prairie_Ar on September 09, 2006, 07:33:28 pm
my how rison has fallen

So there's no chance that Woodlawn has inproven !!!!!!    ::)

bearpapa

Boy there sure is a lot of people that have absolutely no idea about Woodlawn.  That just can't believe Woodlawn has a decent team.

amehr36

BearCountry01

I guess it is something you have to prove but, Last year we lost four games by something like 1-3 points apiece. so.

bearpapa

Quote from: amehr36 on September 09, 2006, 07:56:45 pm
Can you blame em?

Well it would be like me posting about Junction City, Smackover, Norphlet, or  Mineral Springs.  I have no IDEA what they have.  And no Idea if they have improved or gotten worse.  It would be me just running off at the head.

amehr36

I see your point, but until they prove they can beat good teams, they will never be better than mediocre.

bearpapa

Quote from: amehr36 on September 09, 2006, 08:17:27 pm
I see your point, but until they prove they can beat good teams, they will never be better than mediocre.

I see your point also. 

So I guess next week will be a game between 2 mediocre teams.   ;D

amehr36

Yeah Norphlet is by no means a great team.  But seriously i would kinda like to see this game, it should be a good one.

bearpapa

Quote from: amehr36 on September 09, 2006, 08:23:35 pm
Yeah Norphlet is by no means a great team.  But seriously i would kinda like to see this game, it should be a good one.

I would like to go myself.  Don't know if I will get to. 

I saw Norphlet play at Rison last year.  Their QB was like trying to catch a Hic-cup.  He gave Rison a lot of trouble until they started rushing only 3 men.  And forced him to beat them with his arm. 

I expect a Good Game.

searkbearfan

woodlawn sux we beat there butt

woodlawndad

Quote from: catcaller on September 09, 2006, 09:03:10 pm
Woodlawn does not have a good team.  Our cats have taken harder hits in slap jack.

I think most there would disagree with you.

RisonRacingFan

woodlawndad

Anybody with any sense would..

bearpapa

Quote from: CatsBbad on September 09, 2006, 09:14:19 pm

Is that what you cats call a beating ?   

wildcat82

Well, Looks like little Kitty has awoken from his nap!!!  Go back to bed CatsBbad, you woke up on the wrong side of the bed!!!

woodlawndad

Did he even get on the field ? ? ?

RisonRacingFan

If it indeed is who Im being told it is...he was on the field some

woodlawndad

Quote from: Rison Tradition on September 10, 2006, 11:05:57 pm

I hope he got his Butt Clocked........;D

seven007

Woodlawn does not have a good team.  Our cats have taken harder hits in slap jack.

Go Cats

Now we'll stomp Strong.

LOOK I'LL ADMIT RISON HAS A DANG GOOD TEAM... SO I HOPE THEY GO TO THE GAME FRIDAY WITH A BIG HEAD LOOKING TOWARDS THE NEXT WEEKS GAME BECUZ SUPRISE SUPRISE OUR BOYS  WILL BE READY TO PLAY. aND IT WONT SUPRISE ME ONE BIT IF WE COME AWAY WITH A WIN.

RisonRacingFan

Poster's like catcaller and catsbbad do not represent the feelings/class of all Wildcat fans.

LuckyOne10

NewCat

Quote from: catcaller on September 10, 2006, 12:50:29 pm
It was a beating

It was not a beating.  A beating is what Warren did to Watson Chapel. 

NewCat

Quote from: woodlawndad on September 10, 2006, 11:31:12 pm

I'd like to think that all people that badmouth get theirs eventually, but I'm learning that they have to carry on for a while before they get tripped up.  Unfortunately, sometimes, years.

In the case of this young man, it is an example of what happens when parents think giving a child whatever they want, without consequences, shows that they love their child.  There's a lot of this going around.  In the long run, they are destining their child to fail.

woodlawndad

Quote from: NewCat on September 12, 2006, 08:41:31 am

I'd like to think that all people that badmouth get theirs eventually, but I'm learning that they have to carry on for a while before they get tripped up.  Unfortunately, sometimes, years.

In the case of this young man, it is an example of what happens when parents think giving a child whatever they want, without consequences, shows that they love their child.  There's a lot of this going around.  In the long run, they are destining their child to fail.

There's a good article in the Pine Bluff Commercial about the game today.

Miner

Quote from: ZBEAR on September 10, 2006, 12:28:07 pm
Quote from: CatsBbad on September 09, 2006, 09:14:19 pm

Is that what you cats call a beating ?  
Quote from: catcaller on September 10, 2006, 12:50:29 pm
It was a beating

Winning 16-7 is NOT a beating.  If you think it is then you have a long season ahead.

NewCat

Quote from: woodlawndad on September 12, 2006, 10:53:53 am

I looked online.  It wasn't that great of an article on-line.  You mean at the stands?

woodlawndad

Quote from: NewCat on September 12, 2006, 01:15:53 pm
Quote from: woodlawndad on September 12, 2006, 10:53:53 am

I looked online.  It wasn't that great of an article on-line.  You mean at the stands?

Yeah,  The paper they throw in the MUD HOLE in my Drive way every time it rains.............;)

Lions84

bearpower

September 13, 2006, 10:26:24 am #46 Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:30:24 am by bearpower
wodlawn dad sense you was'nt in the stand with your wife how do u know about WE WERE DOING!!! ;D

bearpower

we almost stomped rison them little kitties. :'(

wildcat82

ALMOST only counts in Hand Grenades and Horseshoes!!!  ;D ;D

GO CATS BEAT STRONG !!!!!!!!

woodlawndad

Quote from: bearpower on September 13, 2006, 10:26:24 am
wodlawn dad sense you was'nt in the stand with your wife how do u know about WE WERE DOING!!! ;D

Well I guess I would know because I held up the Fence on the 15 yard line all night.   I never missed a play.  If you knew my wife was in the stands without me.  That must mean you DON'T PLAY !!!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas