• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon vs Barton

Started by Lions84, September 04, 2006, 07:21:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

After last week who do you think will win.

Barton
22 (95.7%)
Clarendon
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: September 08, 2006, 07:21:33 pm

Lions84

After friday night I have to go with the BEARS!  The Lions played too sloppy to beat Barton at Walnut Corner.  :'( :'(

Sorry Lions Prove me wrong!

nomorewhining

After Friday night, the lions couldn't beat Barton anywhere...........at anything.

lionsfan81

Still refuse to give up hope for the Lions. They may not win by much, but still picking Clarendon.

The Infidel

September 04, 2006, 09:05:05 pm #3 Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 09:27:44 pm by eagle dad
I personally would like to see Clarendon win this one. They talked alot about how well they did against us in the scrimmage game..........against our second and third string.

Eagle Claw

Loins keep your head up and play hard, I think Barton is a little better than last year but you can beat them. Be positive and stay focused. Learn from the mistakes at Brinkley and you will be successful. Lions 32 Bears 28

arkhsfan

Clarendon gives up in the third and Barton never slows down: Barton 42 Clarendon 19

big E

BEARS HAVE TO MUCH SPEED AND TO MANY ATHLETES BEARS BY 29.

LION95

After being at the game in "Bucktown" last friday night, we really have a lot to work on. Too many kids cramping (lack of conditioning), and just about the smallest offensive line I've ever seen ( with some larger kids on the sidelines). Kinda makes me wonder if this coach has his head on straight. I will still cheer on my Lions, and hope they recover to beat Barton. But they have to improve a lot before friday. Having a QB with and arm like that, and good RB's and WR's. Its all for nothing if the line don't give enough time to throw the ball. Not hating on the team at all, just voicing my opinion on what I saw. We need to adjust the offense to the talent we have. Barton did it for years with a bunch of farm boys and still brought home titles. It can be done, just a lil evaluation will make a big difference. The offense has promise, but if you can't get the ball off...I "promise" (lol) we will have a tough season.  GOOD LUCK LIONS!!!!!!!  BEAT BARTON!!!!!!!!!!

Lion76

The biggest problem i saw was a lack of intensity we played on our heels all night and buck rammed it down our throats they are going to have to step up the intensity and fire off the ball to get back on track i played last year and it was all i could do to keep from jumping the fence and showing them boys how its done

football_writer

Quote from: eagle dad on September 04, 2006, 09:05:05 pm
I personally would like to see Clarendon win this one. They talked alot about how well they did against us in the scrimmage game..........against our second and third string.

Funny, it was Barton's second and third string playing against your second and third string...

littleman

Barton hangs at least 45 on the lions , a bit of payback for last year, things like this will happen.

Lion76

we didnt put up but 32 your the ones who failed to put up any points and man was it sweet shuting yall out my senior year

green-eagle

I would for the loins to pull this one off....so loins by 1....thats all it takes.....right?

big E

Not gonna happen I'll bet a case of cokes on it.
Quote from: green-eagle on September 05, 2006, 10:11:02 pm
I would for the loins to pull this one off....so loins by 1....thats all it takes.....right?

lionsfan81

I'd be willing to bet otherwise. I think last week's major issue was that they weren't aggresive enough. If they get past that then it's gonna be a heck of a game. Clarendon is going to have to fight to pull it off, but even if they don't win it'll be a close match up.

big E

Quote from: lionsfan81 on September 06, 2006, 12:08:34 pm
I'd be willing to bet otherwise. I think last week's major issue was that they weren't aggresive enough. If they get past that then it's gonna be a heck of a game. Clarendon is going to have to fight to pull it off, but even if they don't win it'll be a close match up.
The only time it will be close is at the start of the game Barton is 3 times the team that brinkley is seen them both play and if you couldnt handle them you can't handle the Bears i'm not being sarcastic or picking on Clarendon i'M jUST BEING REALISTIC about the situation .

O Shucky

If you can't beat Brinkley, you probably won't beat Barton.  If conditioning was the problem then the Lions are in for a long season.  Conditioning affects aggressiveness, heart, and mental toughness.  If you can't pay the conditioning price then you can't win the tough ones.  If the team can correct its conditioning problem it will recover the season that has started so slow.

Notice all the "If" statements, because most of it depends on that.   I have been underneath two different coaches, one who conditioned well and one who didn't and that had everything to do with the success of the team.

Wolfman87

barton ton is going to light their butt up

green-eagle

Quote from: O Shucky on September 06, 2006, 01:34:50 pm
If you can't beat Brinkley, you probably won't beat Barton.  If conditioning was the problem then the Lions are in for a long season.  Conditioning affects aggressiveness, heart, and mental toughness.  If you can't pay the conditioning price then you can't win the tough ones.  If the team can correct its conditioning problem it will recover the season that has started so slow.

Notice all the "If" statements, because most of it depends on that.   I have been underneath two different coaches, one who conditioned well and one who didn't and that had everything to do with the success of the team.

So you under the assumption that Brinkley is bad this year......Brinkely won what two or three games last year.....with this win last weekend......question what they are undefeated......... ;D

FD4

On an older post somewhere I said, Barton will be 5 and 0, and also will have laid the mercy rule down on some folks, Friday night will be no different. 
Barton 45, Clarendon 0

laughalittle

Quote from: green-eagle on September 06, 2006, 07:45:07 pm
Quote from: O Shucky on September 06, 2006, 01:34:50 pm

Notice all the "If" statements, because most of it depends on that.   I have been underneath two different coaches, one who conditioned well and one who didn't and that had everything to do with the success of the team.

So you under the assumption that Brinkley is bad this year......Brinkely won what two or three games last year.....with this win last weekend......question what they are undefeated......... ;D

Actually, Brinkley went 0-10 last season due to PRE-GOODELL coaching.  There was no weight room, no off season, little practicing, etc.  I would be naive to think Brinkley will return  THIS SEASON to the Paschal level, but there has been MUCH improvement - more bodies, more muscle, more heart.  If they continue to work hard, Coach Goodell will have them back in the state playoffs in the next year or so.

FD4

In reference to Brinkley, I work with the QB's Father every day at my part time job.  The coach came and recruited him virtually.  Dad had decided in an academic move, one sport only.  The coach convinced dad it was in the best interest of the team.  Dad went along, but announced at the first sign of trouble, it's back to the books.  Can't blame him there.

Lions84

Here is a preview from the Helena Daily World  your sports news leader in the DELTA!!

Last Friday's shutout win over Palestine grabbed the attention of a lot of fans and opponents. The Lions come into tonight's game having lost a heartbreaker to Brinkley in the battle for the Monroe County Judge's Cup. Clarendon will be gunning for the Bears to prove that last year's win over Barton was no fluke.

The Lions were picked by many coaches and writers to finish second in the revamped 6-AA Conference behind state contender Des Arc.

Barton's win was a pleasant, if not easy one, but the Bears must now come back down to earth as they look to approach an old foe that has blood in their eyes and will be hungry for Bear.

If Barton establishes their field dominance early with the running game and defense, they should be looking at week three opponent Marvell with a perfect record still in tact.

The Barton coaches know that in order for the team to stay in the hunt for a return to the state playoffs, they cannot afford to overlook any opponent. Look for Barton to exact some revenge for last year's loss in "Lion Country."

BARTON 35

CLARENDON 14

lionsfan81

September 08, 2006, 11:34:27 am #23 Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:39:11 am by lionsfan81
Still holding out hope for the Lions tonight. Play aggresively boys, but most importantly give it your best.  ;)

GO CHS LIONS!

Lion76

alright lions lets gets a w and get back on track ill be there cheering for you fire off the ball and get after them

zackery_2008

I think Clarendon will win, I think Barton don't stand a chance

Lions84

chase9999

start of 3rd quarter bears30 lions19

hogsfan4life

Five minutes left in the game and it is Barton 36   Clarendon 33... Looks like a good game going on there!!

chase9999

chase9999

chase9999

FINAL   CLARENDON 40  barton 36 WAY TO GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattp_68

congrats clarendon..cant wait till week 4 i expect a good game good luck Lions

green-eagle

all it takes is one point..........

lionsfan81

Way to go boys! I'm so proud of you! I knew you guys could do it! Just goes to show what a little Lion Pride can do!

The Infidel

LION95

The boys really surprised me after the first week showing. Really proud of those guys. Keep up the good work and keep the wins coming. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

mychal6419

Bartonbearfan

great game u guys was a close one goodluck in yall season. Its always a good game between us. Barton just needs to work on pass a little more. good game fair and square
congrats clarendon.

Lions84

Congrads to the Lions. 8)

I can't hide my Lion Pride

Lions84

September 09, 2006, 10:01:11 am #40 Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 10:06:12 am by Lions84
I am so proud of my home town boys this morning you took last weeks embarrassment and tough first half and turned it into a victory. You Seniors have accomplished a great feat being the only senior class since the 1960's to beat Barton Back to Back. 

Quote from: FD4 on September 06, 2006, 08:09:55 pm
On an older post somewhere I said, Barton will be 5 and 0, and also will have laid the mercy rule down on some folks, Friday night will be no different. 
Barton 45, Clarendon 0
Quote from: Wolfman87 on September 06, 2006, 05:12:23 pm
barton ton is going to light their butt up

Re: Clarendon vs Barton
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 08:45:23 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Friday night, the lions couldn't beat Barton anywhere...........at anything.

Last night you guys showed the guts, pride and determination that has been Lion Football since 1909. Down 30-19 most folks would have thought you would quit but you did not and you beat a Solid Jim Sain Lead team.  Congrads enjoy the weekend and hit it hard on Monday. 

Lions84

WCD

Congratulations to the Clarendon Lions and their followers. While so many people doubted you, you kept your focus and executed your game plan to bring about a win........ one that you believed you could win and did.

Beating Barton was not an easy task and your should be very proud of your effort and achievement. Enjoy the thrill of the victory but keep focused. You have a new opponent waiting for you this Friday.

Again, great win Lions and best wishes for the rest of the season.

Congratulations to Lions84, the greatest Lions fan! You called it.

WCD ;D

Lions84

Quote from: WCD on September 09, 2006, 10:43:53 am
Congratulations to the Clarendon Lions and their followers. While so many people doubted you, you kept your focus and executed your game plan to bring about a win........ one that you believed you could win and did.

Beating Barton was not an easy task and your should be very proud of your effort and achievement. Enjoy the thrill of the victory but keep focused. You have a new opponent waiting for you this Friday.

Again, great win Lions and best wishes for the rest of the season.

Congratulations to Lions84, the greatest Lions fan! You called it.

WCD ;D

The greatest..... naw just the Nuttest ;D ;D 8)

man2man

Way to go LIONS!! 

You proved a lot of people wrong (Lions84, nomorewhining - can't wait til hoops season, arkhsfan, big E, littleman, wolfman87 and FD4). 

Good luck next week!!

Lions84

Quote from: Lions84 on September 04, 2006, 07:21:33 pm
After friday night I have to go with the BEARS!  The Lions played too sloppy to beat Barton at Walnut Corner.  :'( :'(

Sorry Lions Prove me wrong!

Way to go guys You proved me wrong ! Great Job !

Wolfman87

Clarendon don't get too happy. You still have to play Earle, Des Arc, Hazen. I'm pretty sure they are going to kick clarendon's butt.

chase9999

yea i think clarendons going to kick some butt

outtastatelion

Good Job Lions!!!!

Even though you beat Barton, Keep working hard!!!!

man2man

Quote from: Wolfman87 on September 10, 2006, 01:00:01 pm
Clarendon don't get too happy. You still have to play Earle, Des Arc, Hazen. I'm pretty sure they are going to kick clarendon's butt.

Wolfman87 ... don't be so disappointed that Clarendon won.  Clarendon should be happy and look forward to the games with Earle, Des Arc and Hazen. 

Barton Ton didn't kick anybody's butt on Friday and Clarendon won. Sorry about your prediction last week and I think Clarendon looks forward to playing the three teams that you mentioned.  Squabble in your bobble Wolfman87.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas