• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

House Bill 1474

Started by arthurhawgerelli, February 13, 2017, 02:53:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on March 08, 2017, 07:19:44 am
Ricepig will defend any decisions that the elites make.... Look at this topic and all his topics about Jeff Long and all the board of trustees at the U of A. You are arguing with a dead horse. He has shown over time that he prefers decisions to be made that benefit tiny blocks of people as opposed to our State legislature making decisions that benefit large blocks of people as a whole.

Lol, this came from the state legislature, iconic?

ricepig

Quote from: WillC on March 08, 2017, 01:13:02 am
He can, but if he has to transfer and sit out a year, why shouldn't the home schooler? We're not asking him to transfer, we let him attend one school and play for another. That's my point.

It's my understanding the home schooled child will have to sit out a year if he wishes to play in a school district, not his own.

WillC

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2017, 12:49:52 pm
It's my understanding the home schooled child will have to sit out a year if he wishes to play in a school district, not his own.
But if he lives in the school district he wants to play in, that rule doesn't apply. He gets to attend one school (his home school) and play for another (the public school). I believe that should not happen. Kids should play for the school they attend, not the district they live in.

ricepig

Quote from: WillC on March 09, 2017, 08:27:39 pm
But if he lives in the school district he wants to play in, that rule doesn't apply. He gets to attend one school (his home school) and play for another (the public school). I believe that should not happen. Kids should play for the school they attend, not the district they live in.

I'm sure we can add this to your long list of complaints with the AAA.

cuckoobird

It's asinine to allow home school students to play sports for a public or private school. It's no different in my eyes than to allow a kid from Earl play volleyball at valley view because earl doesn't offer it

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 10, 2017, 12:28:32 am
It's asinine to allow home school students to play sports for a public or private school. It's no different in my eyes than to allow a kid from Earl play volleyball at valley view because earl doesn't offer it
Agree

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 10, 2017, 12:28:32 am

Easy there.... Some people on this thread are either in denial or really confused and think transferring is the same thing as this home school bill and this bill is just "making things fair".

MikeDieselâ„¢

Quote from: WillC on March 09, 2017, 08:27:39 pm

Do the ASMSA kids still play football  for Hot Springs?  I know they did a few years ago.  That would be the same thing. 

I personally like the fact that home school kids can participate in sports with their district school.  Now, can we make the same argument that home school kids can play for a private school's team if they live within a certain radius of the school?  I guess if they sit out the transfer year maybe?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas